Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Hi All! 

We are long overdue for an updated Subscription Sharing thread!  Whether it's BoxyCharm, Ipsy, or PopSugar we want to hear (and see) all about what you are subscribed to.

giphy

Interested in trading with other users?  Here are some things you need to know from @SydBristow and her trade threads:

Spoiler

IMPORTANT NOTE: To comply with Sephora's terms of use, items cannot be listed "for sale" or even for trade for Sephora or other gift cards. Please do not list "prices" either (which implies selling), but you can list approximate trade value.

Because a number of fake items have been sent in trades, it is strongly advised you provide photos of your higher-end items, including the labeling (you may be asked for it anyway) and list WHERE you purchased the item from. Fakes are readily available from less reputable sellers and can contain toxins! It is important to everyone to know where their cosmetics come from.

Please also be aware that some makeup products cannot be sanitized - please use caution in your trades. When in doubt, ask the community, it's a great resource! Used items you may wish to avoid are mascara, liquid eyeliner, lip glosses, and cream products.

Acquiring Items
Please use discretion with whom you enter into trades with. There is a summarized list of trusted traders here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/List-of-Successful-Traders-January-2015/td-p/1852954 Protect yourself in your trades, ask questions (such as where an item was purchased), ask for additional photos (to show level of usage and/or labeling to prove authenticity).
If you don’t feel 100% comfortable doing a trade because someone is new, you can request they send their items first.

Communication
Please use the private message system on Beauty Talk and/or tag the user you are trying to get in touch with. Communication is key! You can tell a lot about a trade by how the communication goes. If you will be unavailable for any periods of time, please be up front, and if there are any issues with shipping please be up front about that as well.

Delivery
Having tracking and insurance on shipments goes a long way to figuring out where an item might be. The USPS puts anticipated delivery dates and tracking numbers right on the receipt. If there is any issue with an item you have sent out, please follow up with the carrier.

SUCCESSFUL TRADE EXPERIENCES?
Consider providing your feedback on successful trades on this thread here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Successful-Trades-or-TSB-Experiences/td-p/1012387

**the previous thread can be found here: Subscription box photo sharing

I'm glad you like the palette @KrishAtl! I agree that the...

I'm glad you like the palette @KrishAtl! I agree that the picture doesn't do it justice. I'm wearing it today. It's nice but there isn't a transition shade (for me) in the palette so I had to grab another one. I don't mind that though. This will probably be an accent palette for me. The blushes are way more pigmented than I anticipated. I have to use a light hand for sure. I hope you enjoy your box!

RE: I'm glad you like the palette @KrishAtl! I agree that the...

@Lazybeautybeast, so for the principle of the matter, I did reach out to Boxycharm last night via email with my palette issue. They have already responded back to me that they are shipping me out a new palette. Haven’t ever had to deal with their customer service before, and I can honestly say that I am amazed at how expediently they responded to my issue and are solving it. Loving their customer service!

Re: RE: I'm glad you like the palette @KrishAtl! I agree that the...

I'm glad you already heard back and they are sending you another one @KrishAtl. I heard back about my lipstick last night as well and they are shipping it out to me. They got back within a day which is pretty good in my experience. Hopefully it ships soon. I haven't had to deal with their customer service before either. Great experience so far! 

Re: I'm glad you like the palette @KrishAtl! I agree that the...

Holy cow @Lazybeautybeast!!  I just noticed that my palette is messed up!!  I have 2 silver shadows dropped into mine and I think I am missing the magenta colored shadow??  Awe man!!!  But the funny part is, I think I am happier with 2 silver shadows!  Not sure that I would ever use the magenta color!!!  Lol!!

Re: I'm glad you like the palette @KrishAtl! I agree that the...

I think you are missing the brown shade @KrishAtl. Its just a basic matte brown... I'm sure you have something like it in another palette. But I'm sure they would give you a replacement if you contact them. I totally understand if you want to keep it for the silver shades.

Play subscripers, @DavidBD announced in the October Play! reveal video that Play! passes can now be used online!

so excited!!

so excited!!

The K-Beauty Play Smarts box launches in app tomorrow. The is an official thread for details. There are 3 products pictured. I can make out the erbarian Glow Creme and possibly the Laneige lip mask. https://community.sephora.com/t5/PLAY-by-SEPHORA/Get-your-K-Beauty-fix-with-the-newest-box-from-PLAY...

@Lazybeautybeast did you order it?

@Lazybeautybeast did you order it?

Yes I did @CookieGirl1. I got the fair version. Hopefully...

Yes I did @CookieGirl1. I got the fair version. Hopefully, I'll get it quickly and I can share my thoughts.

Re: Yes I did @CookieGirl1. I got the fair version. Hopefully...

@Lazybeautybeast I will look forward to seeing your thoughts on it! Def tag me, pls 🙂 

Tempting! I'm on product overload though, so I'm trying t...

Tempting! I'm on product overload though, so I'm trying to be more selective on what I pick up right now until I use up some stuff.

Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

@Lazybeautybeast @IndyQT317

Here's your spoiler 🙂

45.JPG

Thanks @CookieGirl1! This one looks good! AND play pass c...

Thanks @CookieGirl1! This one looks good! AND play pass can be used online! 🙌 I'm excited!

Re: Thanks @CookieGirl1! This one looks good! AND play pass c...

@Lazybeautybeast I'm tempted by this but I'm trying to talk myself out of it. I'm ordering the Belif Aqua Bomb, I already own the Laneige lip mask, the Erborian cream hasn't gotten very stellar reviews, and I have a couple of Saturday Skin items in my collection already (not sure if any of them will be the same as what's included in the box or not, of course), and the bag this month doesn't look very functional. All that being said, I kind of want it anyway :(. 

Re: Thanks @CookieGirl1! This one looks good! AND play pass c...

I get it @CookieGirl1. I haven't tried half the products and I know I like the rest of them so it makes it worth it for me. If you have full products, its not the best box. 

I totally missed the Laniege lip mask. The bag looks inte...

I totally missed the Laniege lip mask. The bag looks interesting.

sounds interesting! @Lazybeautybeast

sounds interesting! @Lazybeautybeast

Thanks for posting @Lazybeautybeast. I'll definitely chec...

Thanks for posting @Lazybeautybeast. I'll definitely check that out tomorrow 😊

I received my October Boxycharm today! Unfortunately, I didn't receive the KVD Lipstick so I had to contact CS. ☹️ I'm hoping I still get the shade Hankwind like my spoiler said or at least a shade I don't have already. I'm excited to try the Farmacy Green Clean. I'm glad to have the Superhero mascara in my collection again; I remember liking it. The Pur looks pretty but I didn't have time to swatch it yet. I'm glad to get the lace peel off mask in the box but I watched some videos on it and it looks terrifying. lol

My missing KVD lippie arrived a couple days ago...and it...

My missing KVD lippie arrived a couple days ago...and it was in Hankwind! So happy with it! It is a great fall shade.
1 Reply
testing