Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Hi All! 

We are long overdue for an updated Subscription Sharing thread!  Whether it's BoxyCharm, Ipsy, or PopSugar we want to hear (and see) all about what you are subscribed to.

giphy

Interested in trading with other users?  Here are some things you need to know from @SydBristow and her trade threads:

Spoiler

IMPORTANT NOTE: To comply with Sephora's terms of use, items cannot be listed "for sale" or even for trade for Sephora or other gift cards. Please do not list "prices" either (which implies selling), but you can list approximate trade value.

Because a number of fake items have been sent in trades, it is strongly advised you provide photos of your higher-end items, including the labeling (you may be asked for it anyway) and list WHERE you purchased the item from. Fakes are readily available from less reputable sellers and can contain toxins! It is important to everyone to know where their cosmetics come from.

Please also be aware that some makeup products cannot be sanitized - please use caution in your trades. When in doubt, ask the community, it's a great resource! Used items you may wish to avoid are mascara, liquid eyeliner, lip glosses, and cream products.

Acquiring Items
Please use discretion with whom you enter into trades with. There is a summarized list of trusted traders here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/List-of-Successful-Traders-January-2015/td-p/1852954 Protect yourself in your trades, ask questions (such as where an item was purchased), ask for additional photos (to show level of usage and/or labeling to prove authenticity).
If you donโ€™t feel 100% comfortable doing a trade because someone is new, you can request they send their items first.

Communication
Please use the private message system on Beauty Talk and/or tag the user you are trying to get in touch with. Communication is key! You can tell a lot about a trade by how the communication goes. If you will be unavailable for any periods of time, please be up front, and if there are any issues with shipping please be up front about that as well.

Delivery
Having tracking and insurance on shipments goes a long way to figuring out where an item might be. The USPS puts anticipated delivery dates and tracking numbers right on the receipt. If there is any issue with an item you have sent out, please follow up with the carrier.

SUCCESSFUL TRADE EXPERIENCES?
Consider providing your feedback on successful trades on this thread here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Successful-Trades-or-TSB-Experiences/td-p/1012387

**the previous thread can be found here: Subscription box photo sharing

Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

I think scentbird sounds interesting but I'm so picky with scents that I don't think it would be worth it.

Also.... @Tamara76....is that cotton candy that the bottle is sitting on?

Yes - lol!  Watermelon/kiwi flavored cotton candy! โค๏ธ

You actually get to choose your scent every month or now they offer a choice of a beauty product instead.  If you have been wanting to try certain scents, it's a good way to check them out. โค๏ธ

@Lazybeautybeast

Yum! lol. Your photo staging skills are amazing! @Tamara76

Thanks!  The perfume smells like cotton candy, so I thought "why not?" and got a big bucket of it on Amazon.  ๐Ÿ˜‰   @Lazybeautybeast

You think of everything @Tamara76! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Glam bag plus, overall I am very happy with the box. The one item I already tried and donโ€™t like is the Pure Nicoleta Melt.  It's a one ingredient product that is a hard balm that "melts."  I had to use two hands hard to squeeze some product out. The balm part is fine but when it melts it's just greasy and did not absorb into my skin at all, no bueno.

E5FB84EC-F6E4-45D2-8CE8-97698F64BBD0.jpeg

9C4B1C2E-4E9E-4C40-AB4B-A0C4CC334E62.jpeg

98BA4336-1AEE-4862-8605-300A2597A138.jpeg

RE: Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Honestly the plus bag blew the latest Ipsy regular ones out of the water, at least for my stuff. I got a full sized maneater mascara from tarte, the moisture balm, the morphe highlighter, a pur-lisse mud mask, a smash box glitter jewel-toned shadow palette, and a ciate โ€œdewy finishโ€ facial spray thatโ€™s supposed to function as a hydrator, makeup spray, and a slight dewy finish. Itโ€™s also scented. Havenโ€™t worn the shadow yet, but the swatches were pretty. Definitely will need to use glitter glue I think. Iโ€™ve had good luck using super small amounts of the balm at a time- letting it warm up on skin as I massage it in and adding as necessary. Itโ€™s also done good things for my hands and cuticles, and Iโ€™m pretty hard on my hands and could use the help. The spray Iโ€™m not sold on yet as a makeup spray, but it is a nice skin pickup during the day. I donโ€™t quite get the dewy thing. The highlighter is super smooth and not glittery or chunky at all. I like that it can be subtle and more of just a warming glow depending on how you put it on. Face looks nice and more even skin tones two days out from using the mask. The bag holds way more than the usual Ipsy bags and is lovely. Iโ€™ve been feeling like the quality of their regular bags have gotten spotty on the brands and products. Iโ€™ve been getting them since pretty close to when they started, and the brands have definitely changed. I donโ€™t get a decent amount of โ€œgoodโ€ brands it feels like anymore. Iโ€™ve also been researching the ones that come lately, and several are drugstore brands in the UK. So I switched to the plus to see if itโ€™d be better, and also have gotten the Sephora monthlies for a few months. I feel like the Sephora one is great on quality, but not nearly as diverse in terms of type of product that shows up.

Yay!!!!   So happy it arrived so fast, @darkiceis!  I can't wait for mine!

So sorry about the broken highlighter, though, and sorry to hear the balm didn't work for you!  I hope you get a replacement for the highlighter quickly!

oh nooo! @darkiceis. Email ipsy, they will send out a new...

oh nooo! @darkiceis. Email ipsy, they will send out a new one, at least they always have when I got a broken mini sample. I hope it's the same with the full size. I'm a lil scared to get this (full size products of things i dont like, cant use)but I like it so I don't know๐Ÿค”. Hope you enjoy the upcoming months more! Thanks for sharing!

RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Todayโ€™s Birchbox Day! This monthโ€™s box is super interesting to me cause itโ€™s all stuff I have never used and donโ€™t even have in my stash. So excited to try everything!

Re: RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Great box, @KrishAtl! โค๏ธ

@KrishAtl  It's hard getting items that you don't already have in your stash from subscriptions.  So congrats on receiving new items to try out ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Totally agree @darkiceis.  Having so much fun with this box!  Already used and ordered a full-size of the R+co Acid Wash scalp rinse.  I have never used a scalp wash before, so was skeptical about the โ€œneedโ€ for this style product.  Mind blown!!  It will be a once a week regimen for me and my daughter!

I'm using the DPHUE - Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse right now @KrishAtl. But I got the R+co Acid Wash scalp rinse in a FFF box recently so I'll break it out after I finish the DPHUE one. I was skeptical too but I have noticed difference. Glad to hear that you are likely the box! 

RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

October Boxy just arrived! I think is one of the best Boxyโ€™s I have ever gotten!! So happy with everything! I was nervous about the palette when I first saw it and all the nay-sayers reviews on MSA, but now, having seen it in person, I am so thrilled. The colors are just gorgeous!! Pictures just do not do this palette justice!

Nice!   I got the same box!  However, the bottom right shade from my palette arrived totally crushed and got all over the place.  Like you and @Lazybeautybeast, though, Boxycharm promptly offered to send me a replacement! โค๏ธ

@KrishAtl

@KrishAtl I felt the same way. The pigmentation is pretty decent too.. I think the best thing from the October box for me was the Farmacy green clean. CANT GET ENOUGH OF THE BALM LIKE CLEANSERS! 

@KrishAtl  That is a really good box.  For me, Boxy Charm is an easy pass because a lot of the products featured aren't for me.  But, this box is everything!  Enjoy ๐Ÿ™‚

@KrishAtlUnidentified

Totally agreed that pictures do not do this palette justice. I was feeling very meh about it, wasn't gonna keep it...and then I opened mine and my jaw hit the floor. I can't wait to use it!

FYI @RGbrown.  As I discovered with the previous Pur Palette (June boxy???), the highlight/bronzer/blushes work equally great as shadow colors in this one too!!  I really am having fun with this palette!  Enjoy!

I agree other than the mask that ripped my face off ๐Ÿ˜‚ I...

I agree other than the mask that ripped my face off ๐Ÿ˜‚ I got the same box you did ๐Ÿ˜ @KrishAtl
testing