Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Hi All! 

We are long overdue for an updated Subscription Sharing thread!  Whether it's BoxyCharm, Ipsy, or PopSugar we want to hear (and see) all about what you are subscribed to.

giphy

Interested in trading with other users?  Here are some things you need to know from @SydBristow and her trade threads:

Spoiler

IMPORTANT NOTE: To comply with Sephora's terms of use, items cannot be listed "for sale" or even for trade for Sephora or other gift cards. Please do not list "prices" either (which implies selling), but you can list approximate trade value.

Because a number of fake items have been sent in trades, it is strongly advised you provide photos of your higher-end items, including the labeling (you may be asked for it anyway) and list WHERE you purchased the item from. Fakes are readily available from less reputable sellers and can contain toxins! It is important to everyone to know where their cosmetics come from.

Please also be aware that some makeup products cannot be sanitized - please use caution in your trades. When in doubt, ask the community, it's a great resource! Used items you may wish to avoid are mascara, liquid eyeliner, lip glosses, and cream products.

Acquiring Items
Please use discretion with whom you enter into trades with. There is a summarized list of trusted traders here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/List-of-Successful-Traders-January-2015/td-p/1852954 Protect yourself in your trades, ask questions (such as where an item was purchased), ask for additional photos (to show level of usage and/or labeling to prove authenticity).
If you donโ€™t feel 100% comfortable doing a trade because someone is new, you can request they send their items first.

Communication
Please use the private message system on Beauty Talk and/or tag the user you are trying to get in touch with. Communication is key! You can tell a lot about a trade by how the communication goes. If you will be unavailable for any periods of time, please be up front, and if there are any issues with shipping please be up front about that as well.

Delivery
Having tracking and insurance on shipments goes a long way to figuring out where an item might be. The USPS puts anticipated delivery dates and tracking numbers right on the receipt. If there is any issue with an item you have sent out, please follow up with the carrier.

SUCCESSFUL TRADE EXPERIENCES?
Consider providing your feedback on successful trades on this thread here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Successful-Trades-or-TSB-Experiences/td-p/1012387

**the previous thread can be found here: Subscription box photo sharing

@Cyncynn I would love face masks for Christmas! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ they...

@Cyncynn I would love face masks for Christmas! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ they bring me joy...I think it's a great idea to gift them ๐Ÿ˜‰

right! @eshoe or donate or give away or sell @Cyncynn

right! @eshoe or donate or give away or sell @Cyncynn

Re: right! @eshoe or donate or give away or sell @Cyncynn

@lmaster

Me at Christmas this year:

YOU GET A FACEMASK

YOU GET A FACEMASK

EVERYBODY GETS A FACEMASK

I alo have a huge bag to of personal care products to donate to my local women's shelter, so I'll include those there too ๐Ÿ™‚

Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

I know how you feel.  I have 18 sheet masks  and a bunch of small jars of masks sitting in a bag waiting to be used.  

I get it, I'm trying to make time for masking at least 3-...

I get it, I'm trying to make time for masking at least 3-4 times a week, it's hard when your busy busy

use em up girl ๐Ÿ˜‚

use em up girl ๐Ÿ˜‚

Re: use em up girl ๐Ÿ˜‚

๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธWhat she said, @Cyncynn๐Ÿ˜„ @lmaster

hahahaha I try! I do use the wash off masks at least twice a week, but I can't do sheet masks anymore (that thing sitting on my face just creeps me out so much lol) and I have over 50 of those at home! (I won a giveaway from a brand this year and they are just sitting there)

@Cyncynn I'm one of you.  Sheet masks don't gross me out but I just don't care for them--unpopular opinion since I feel like everyone else does--but I LOVE a good wash-off mask.  That's funny that you won such a huge giveaway!

I can't wait for more masks @ElleElleG this is going to b...

I can't wait for more masks @ElleElleG this is going to be a great month again for allure!

Fall 2018 Popsugar Must Have:

093018popsugar.PNG

Spoiler
1.  Soia & Kyo Larisa Scarf
2.  Jules Smith Jane Cuff
3.  Liz Claiborne Sloane Rose Gold Aviators
4.  Umbra Pendant Mini Scarf Hanger
5.  Lipstick Queen Method in the Madness Manic Mauve Lipstick
6.  The Casery Phone Pocket
7.  Tribe Alive Leather Marbled Valet Tray
8.  K. Hall Designs Lavender Sachet
9.  HUM Killer Nails Supplements
10.  Tarte Tight & Bright Clay Multi-Mask - That packaging!!!!
11. Bliss Makeup Melt Wipes
12.  Clorox Zero Splash Bleach Packs

Overall, this is a big win - excellent value!!!  I am still salty this is only quarterly now - I miss my monthly boxes! This was my first and favorite sub! โค๏ธ

***DM me if you'd like a coupon code for your first box

Closeup of the lippie, mask and scarf โค๏ธ
093018popsugarlipstick.PNG

that is definitely one of the coolest looking lipsticks I...

that is definitely one of the coolest looking lipsticks I've seen! wonderful box @Tamara76

Re: that is definitely one of the coolest looking lipsticks I...

Thank you so much, @lmaster!๐Ÿ’—

Sunglasses ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž and a better chance to try out the HUM, nice box @Tamara76

Thanks, @ElleElleG!  I agree!๐Ÿ’—

@Tamara76 i haven't heard of that sub box, that kind like...

@Tamara76 i haven't heard of that sub box, that looks like a nice assortment! Do you get to pick anything that goes in it or is it a surprise?

Re: @Tamara76 i haven't heard of that sub box, that kind like...

@Shelbstirr Thanks!๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—

Popsugar Must Have was my โ€œGateway Subโ€ that got me hooked on monthly subs.  They recently switched from monthly to quarterly which makes me sad because I always used to look forward to this box every month because of the variety of lifestyle and beauty products.  Itโ€™s still an awesome box, though!

Now that it is quarterly, one good thing is that we can customize 1 item per quarter - For this box, we got to choose the color of the bracelet (gold, silver or rose gold).  Last quarter we got to choose the size of the bathrobe they included.  There usually isnโ€™t any variation in the contents otherwise.

DM me if you are interested in checking it out and would like a discount link๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—

Hope this is ok to post here, I wasn't sure where else to put it.  Purlisse is featured a lot in Ipsy.  I did meet her at GenBeauty last yr and she was very sweet and loves her brand.  

Just some unexpected info I stumbled upon.

purlisse.JPG

Oh!!  That's who she is!  Smiley LOL I just read an article and was thinking she was one of the actual rangers & assumed she was the Pink one.  She has a new line @darkiceis;

purl.PNG

Oh wow, I'd never guess that association..  Very cool and thanks for sharing @darkiceis

What?!?!  That is so cool, @darkiceis! โค๏ธ

1 Reply
testing