Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Hi All! 

We are long overdue for an updated Subscription Sharing thread!  Whether it's BoxyCharm, Ipsy, or PopSugar we want to hear (and see) all about what you are subscribed to.

giphy

Interested in trading with other users?  Here are some things you need to know from @SydBristow and her trade threads:

Spoiler

IMPORTANT NOTE: To comply with Sephora's terms of use, items cannot be listed "for sale" or even for trade for Sephora or other gift cards. Please do not list "prices" either (which implies selling), but you can list approximate trade value.

Because a number of fake items have been sent in trades, it is strongly advised you provide photos of your higher-end items, including the labeling (you may be asked for it anyway) and list WHERE you purchased the item from. Fakes are readily available from less reputable sellers and can contain toxins! It is important to everyone to know where their cosmetics come from.

Please also be aware that some makeup products cannot be sanitized - please use caution in your trades. When in doubt, ask the community, it's a great resource! Used items you may wish to avoid are mascara, liquid eyeliner, lip glosses, and cream products.

Acquiring Items
Please use discretion with whom you enter into trades with. There is a summarized list of trusted traders here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/List-of-Successful-Traders-January-2015/td-p/1852954 Protect yourself in your trades, ask questions (such as where an item was purchased), ask for additional photos (to show level of usage and/or labeling to prove authenticity).
If you don’t feel 100% comfortable doing a trade because someone is new, you can request they send their items first.

Communication
Please use the private message system on Beauty Talk and/or tag the user you are trying to get in touch with. Communication is key! You can tell a lot about a trade by how the communication goes. If you will be unavailable for any periods of time, please be up front, and if there are any issues with shipping please be up front about that as well.

Delivery
Having tracking and insurance on shipments goes a long way to figuring out where an item might be. The USPS puts anticipated delivery dates and tracking numbers right on the receipt. If there is any issue with an item you have sent out, please follow up with the carrier.

SUCCESSFUL TRADE EXPERIENCES?
Consider providing your feedback on successful trades on this thread here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Successful-Trades-or-TSB-Experiences/td-p/1012387

**the previous thread can be found here: Subscription box photo sharing

Re: RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Please be cautious if you end up canceling @KrishAtl@ . I recall hearing/seeing that a number of former subscribers had difficulties canceling and issues with fraudulent charges???

Thanks for the heads up @ElleElleG.  I will definitely report back on the cancellation process of any of the subs I cancel when the time comes.  I only really started getting into makeup in February and heard about sub boxes for the first time around March/April due to this thread.  I signed up for 9 sub boxes in May as a result!!  I am using sub boxes to build my makeup collection (which prior to May, fit into 1 makeup bag in my top drawer!!).  I  placed all my makeup subs on my AmEx card cause I love that they argue fraudulent charges for me, rather than me having to deal with the dirty work!  I am planning to end this sub and probably 1-2 others in April of 2019 when my year is up.  Will definitely report on ending process with each company.  

@KrishAtl~ It is nice to see another review on the KissMe! sub. I have debated multiple times on starting subscription but, like you, have received so many in different boxes that I now have more than plenty to wear, haha. Love those fall colours though! If I may ask, what are the lippies scented like? I have read multiple reviews but must've missed an intro sub description where they mention the scent.

It’s funny you say that @KemoLove cause I have never heard anybody comment on the scent of these lippies either.  They don’t have a “flavor” but most definitely have a very pleasant powdery/chocolatey scent to me when you open the tube and apply.  I really love the scent.

@KrishAtl~ Ooh, that sounds nice! Thanks for the reply ❤

I don't think I've heard of this sub @KrishAtl but those colors look great

It’s a fantastic sub for building your collection @Kim888.  Overall I have been very happy with it.  It’s just that there comes a time when you have to think that you have more than your fair share of lipsticks!!!

@KrishAtl those are stunning! love the colors for fall!

@KrishAtl those are stunning! love the colors for fall!

Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Looks like another single purchase Play box is coming soon. Play! By Sephora – Play! Smarts Superfoods: Inner & Outer Beauty Box  Launching soon! (via mysubciptionaddiction) 

Play! Smarts Superfoods: Inner & Outer Beauty

Spoiler

We also have the FULL spoilers for this box! FYI – These spoilers are listed on the Sephora YouTube page but are not 100% confirmed yet

Superfoods: Inner & Outer Beauty includes:
Seven trial-size products—a $31 value:

This box is live in app. It's interesting that there is N...

This box is live in app. It's interesting that there is NO hype around it. Usually there is an app notification and it's on the home page. I had to search for it.

I'm torn because I actually haven't tried any of the prod...

I'm torn because I actually haven't tried any of the products in this and the bag is cute...but I'm allergic to the bite formula and it's not like I need any of the other products. Also part of me wants to see if it will go on sale like the others.

Even though I haven't purchased any of the single boxes (I'm a Play! subscriber, though), I actually think it's pretty cool that Sephora's putting out these one-time boxes and I think it's a smart move.  One of these days I'm sure that there will be one that I can't live without :).

@Kim888~ These little single purchase sample boxes are killing me! Why must I collect them all? Ha ha. I hope the bag/container is neat this time as well. 🙂  Thanks for posting here 😄

I actually cancelled my Play! Subscription. I was getting a lot of repeats. I’m now down to Ipsy (waiting to upgrade to the big one) BoxyCharm (Recieved BoxyLuxe this month) and Allure. I actually like Allure a lot. I get a lot of great items and like the fact that there is always at least one full sized item. Love that we got Babyfacial!Love that we got Babyfacial!

This box looks so good, but I already get too many subs... so I can't justify another.  Enjoy your goodies!!! ❤️ @darlyndar

@darlyndar~ I'm with ya! Unfortunately cancelled my Sephora Play! for the time being (heavy likelihood I'll re-sub in the future) even though I had been subscribed since pretty much day 1. My Play! boxes contained a LOT of repeats and I consistently received the lowest overall valued item lots. Initially a bit bummed that I had to cancel. However there are so many cool options of Luxe, Superfoods, Smarts, etc. available that I feel I will get a better variety and value. Still have my others subs too: Ipsy (literally JUST got the upgrade confirmation e-mail, yay!), BoxyCharm, Allure, and FFF.

@darlyndar I completely get it, I've been on the fence ma...

@darlyndar I completely get it, I've been on the fence many times, just seeing they were offering repeats, I really hope they step it up soon!

@darlyndar Allure is my favorite! the upcoming months look great as well.

@darlyndar I think I've been pretty dang lucky, I'm going...

@darlyndar I think I've been pretty dang lucky, I'm going on a year in October for play, and have never received a duplicate, so I'm holding on. I really wasn't too thrilled with the boxycharm luxe box. I mean it wasn't bad, I was just really hoping on getting a couple different items that I didn't get, not their fault I got my hopes up lol I'm hoping to also get the bigger ipsy.. so excited 😄

Re: @darlyndar I think I've been pretty dang lucky, I'm going...

@lmaster I want to give it another chance but all these other subscriptions are really giving Play! A run for their money with the full-sized items! Sephora can’t be far behind. I would re-subscribe if the Rouge boxes were every month and not just once in a while and included one full sized item. I would definitely pay $20-30 a month for that. I subbed to Allure when they offered a full sized CEO. That was a huge selling point for me. 

nice @darlyndar It looks great! I just subscribed to this as well! Not so patiently waiting for mine to arrive haha

1 Reply
testing