Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Hi All! 

We are long overdue for an updated Subscription Sharing thread!  Whether it's BoxyCharm, Ipsy, or PopSugar we want to hear (and see) all about what you are subscribed to.

giphy

Interested in trading with other users?  Here are some things you need to know from @SydBristow and her trade threads:

Spoiler

IMPORTANT NOTE: To comply with Sephora's terms of use, items cannot be listed "for sale" or even for trade for Sephora or other gift cards. Please do not list "prices" either (which implies selling), but you can list approximate trade value.

Because a number of fake items have been sent in trades, it is strongly advised you provide photos of your higher-end items, including the labeling (you may be asked for it anyway) and list WHERE you purchased the item from. Fakes are readily available from less reputable sellers and can contain toxins! It is important to everyone to know where their cosmetics come from.

Please also be aware that some makeup products cannot be sanitized - please use caution in your trades. When in doubt, ask the community, it's a great resource! Used items you may wish to avoid are mascara, liquid eyeliner, lip glosses, and cream products.

Acquiring Items
Please use discretion with whom you enter into trades with. There is a summarized list of trusted traders here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/List-of-Successful-Traders-January-2015/td-p/1852954 Protect yourself in your trades, ask questions (such as where an item was purchased), ask for additional photos (to show level of usage and/or labeling to prove authenticity).
If you don’t feel 100% comfortable doing a trade because someone is new, you can request they send their items first.

Communication
Please use the private message system on Beauty Talk and/or tag the user you are trying to get in touch with. Communication is key! You can tell a lot about a trade by how the communication goes. If you will be unavailable for any periods of time, please be up front, and if there are any issues with shipping please be up front about that as well.

Delivery
Having tracking and insurance on shipments goes a long way to figuring out where an item might be. The USPS puts anticipated delivery dates and tracking numbers right on the receipt. If there is any issue with an item you have sent out, please follow up with the carrier.

SUCCESSFUL TRADE EXPERIENCES?
Consider providing your feedback on successful trades on this thread here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Successful-Trades-or-TSB-Experiences/td-p/1012387

**the previous thread can be found here: Subscription box photo sharing

@ElleElleG I have it in my cart so I guess I could submit...

@ElleElleG I have it in my cart so I guess I could submit the order. It's just weird that on the box page it says it'll be available only on the 27th yet I can add it to my cart.

Re: @ElleElleG I have it in my cart so I guess I could submit...

It's strange @mganeshaly some of their releases go live earlier than they advertise, perhaps it's an error?? Anyway if you want it, probably good to checkout soon before more people hear of it and FOMO kicks in  

Hmm... true. I went ahead and got it just to see what's all about. We'll see.

Ah, let us know what you get when it arrives!!! @mganeshaly

Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

My Play box finally arrived, and @Lazybeautybeast, we are indeed box twins this month!

062318sephplay.PNG

Spoiler
1.  Prada Candy Sugar Pop:  I actually tried this in store a few days ago and I really like it!
2.  Belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb:  Love this stuff
3.  Too Faced Melted Matte Liquified Long Wear Matte Lipstick in Queen B:  Haven't tried this shade, so I look forward to checking it out - Melted Matte is not my favorite formula, though...
4.  Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Miracle Multiplying Volume Mist:  Not a fan of Alterna and do not need a volumizing product
5.  Milk Makup Kush Mascara:  This is the product I am most excited to try!
6.  Clinique Take the Day Off:  Already love this stuff

Overall, not my favorite box, but not too bad

Yay box twins! @Tamara76 I've haven't tried the Kush masc...

Yay box twins! @Tamara76 I've haven't tried the Kush mascara yet because I'm try not to open too many mascaras at once but I'm thinking the beginning of July would be a good time to crack it open. Overall, I agree that it wasn't the best but I still got my money's worth.

Re: Yay box twins! @Tamara76 I've haven't tried the Kush masc...

@Lazybeautybeast  I opened that mascara almost immediately - lol!  It's pretty good the wand is "fluffy" - I'm not sure of the right word to describe it and I know I've tried other mascaras with that style of wand before.  Not too bad, but not the best I've ever tried - more thickening/volumizing than lengthening.

RE: Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

You’re making me miss my Play! sub @Tamara76 lol

Re: RE: Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

This was a really good month for all my subs, @Mcakes! ❤️

BoxyCharm Spoiler 

Farmacy or Dr. BrandtFarmacy or Dr. Brandt

So excited to try these products @ElleElleG!!

@ElleElleG I hope you get the Farmacy one! It sounds interesting!

Or? Dangit. I want the Farmacy, so of course I'll get the Dr Brandt instead. 😐

OT, but congratulations on getting to Boss @RGbrown 💖💕

Re: RE: Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

@Mcakes thanks so much! 💞

Looks like congrats are in order for you too 🌟🌈🎉

They almost got me. If it was guaranteed to get the farmacy I might have been lured back 

Not sure if you all knew this/if it's still available but apparently Ofra had mystery bags.... Here are spoilers

Ofra mystery boxOfra mystery box

Box 1 & 2Box 1 & 2

Box 3Box 3

I'm both kicking myself and giving myself a pat on the back for not getting this. I would definitely have gotten several time my money's worth of products I'd enjoy for the lip products, highlighter, eye liner type products in here, but I also know I'd be a bit resentful getting big ticket items like a powder and blush that were way too dark for me to use. So I guess in the end, I made the right choice! 

From My Subscription Addiction: 

"FYI –  Sephora has let us know that something exciting is launching next week! (Make sure to download their app if you haven’t already to get early access.) More details coming soon!"

Could it be another luxury play! box!? 

I was wondering if it would be Luxury box too @Kim888!!!

I was wondering if it would be Luxury box too @Kim888!!!

Dont know if you guys know, but boxycharm is having an awesome deal for new sign ups that have been referred. If you sign up before the 23rd you will get free coverfx exhance drops added for free. If you need a referral, please do message me and I can send you one.

1 Reply
testing