Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Hi All! 

We are long overdue for an updated Subscription Sharing thread!  Whether it's BoxyCharm, Ipsy, or PopSugar we want to hear (and see) all about what you are subscribed to.

giphy

Interested in trading with other users?  Here are some things you need to know from @SydBristow and her trade threads:

Spoiler

IMPORTANT NOTE: To comply with Sephora's terms of use, items cannot be listed "for sale" or even for trade for Sephora or other gift cards. Please do not list "prices" either (which implies selling), but you can list approximate trade value.

Because a number of fake items have been sent in trades, it is strongly advised you provide photos of your higher-end items, including the labeling (you may be asked for it anyway) and list WHERE you purchased the item from. Fakes are readily available from less reputable sellers and can contain toxins! It is important to everyone to know where their cosmetics come from.

Please also be aware that some makeup products cannot be sanitized - please use caution in your trades. When in doubt, ask the community, it's a great resource! Used items you may wish to avoid are mascara, liquid eyeliner, lip glosses, and cream products.

Acquiring Items
Please use discretion with whom you enter into trades with. There is a summarized list of trusted traders here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/List-of-Successful-Traders-January-2015/td-p/1852954 Protect yourself in your trades, ask questions (such as where an item was purchased), ask for additional photos (to show level of usage and/or labeling to prove authenticity).
If you don’t feel 100% comfortable doing a trade because someone is new, you can request they send their items first.

Communication
Please use the private message system on Beauty Talk and/or tag the user you are trying to get in touch with. Communication is key! You can tell a lot about a trade by how the communication goes. If you will be unavailable for any periods of time, please be up front, and if there are any issues with shipping please be up front about that as well.

Delivery
Having tracking and insurance on shipments goes a long way to figuring out where an item might be. The USPS puts anticipated delivery dates and tracking numbers right on the receipt. If there is any issue with an item you have sent out, please follow up with the carrier.

SUCCESSFUL TRADE EXPERIENCES?
Consider providing your feedback on successful trades on this thread here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Successful-Trades-or-TSB-Experiences/td-p/1012387

**the previous thread can be found here: Subscription box photo sharing

Anonymous Insider

Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Any takers @prettyinpa ?

RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

To my fellow allure subscribers - have you guys all received your beauty boxes already? Its never been this late for me - haven’t even received the shipping information! >.

If you mean the May box @kromance, I got it over a week ago! So odd! they might as well bundle yours and send you May and June together!!

Re: RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

@KrishAtl aw yea - the may box. I called the allure customer service regarding it today. They had sent the box out two weeks ago - with no shipping information sent to me. 🤦🏽‍♀️ Turns out the problem is with the usps as it says “shipment delayed”.  I thought it was 100% stolen because i live in the shadiest part of ATL. I think they even have that in my account “lives in shady area - boxes might get stolen - please send shipment tracking asap every month”  ...  i have a feeling that the box is damaged hence the delay... bahhhh... 😞 

Anonymous Insider

Usps is notorious for messing up and or damaging shipments... If they can tell you where shipment was delayed at, your best bet is to try and call that location direct to see what happened. Or did allure sound like they would help you with it? As they should have sent shipping info esp if u noted mail/packages gets stolen in your area.

@Anonymous Yeah, good idea - i am going to call tomorrow and find out where it is delayed. Allure customer service was very courteous and nice and even offered to send a new box if the original box doesn't show up in a weeks time. Worst case scenario would be that I would have to call allure (after talking to usps regarding delayed shipment status) and get them to send me a replacement (hopefully with shipping/tracking info sent this time around!).

I got a notification this morning that it shipped and received the package this afternoon. Alrighty then. I just try to forget about the box so I’m pleased to get it instead of frustrated with the timing.

@SoraDixie I hate that their notfication emails are so shoddy. One month ill get them, the other month im emailing them regarding shipment information. The months i dont recieve any information regarding the beauty boxes,  my box ends up getting stolen. Its almost a headache and ive contemplated on cancelling the service all together 😞   

Anonymous Insider

@kromanceDid u have any luck? I know I had to do this and it was so hard to find direct  number to random place where my mail was, but finally found through web search. The cs at the usps location was sooooo rude, lol seems to be the norm with usps cs. As I also had a package that was to be held for pick up at my local usps disappear for over a week and cs was so rude af&treated me like I was an idiot when  after speaking to multiple different cs reps for days on end it ended up being like in plain sight right where it was supposed to be. lmfao H8 usps.

At least allure sounds like a stand up company and not like some of these other subs that are just like oh well, not my prob it got lost and your sol of package and your money. Swear cs has gone out the window and many companies these days are but legal scams, whom show very little respect or value to customers that keep them in business!!!

Also sucks about how it is with package theft etc, its same here. Unfortunate we can't have stuff shipped to po boxes for safety in such areas or just gonna have to get dam safes as mail boxes!?!?!?!? lol 

@Anonymous Oh yeah, I ended up going to the post office which was 20 minutes away from my apartment. The lady at the front went in the back to look for the allure box and came back empty handed saying they never had it. I asked again.. by this point, she along with her other colleagues were chiming in to assure me that they didn't have it and I need to contact the sender. Anyway, after a lot of going back and forth - finally she went in to check it again - and guess what? THEY HAD IT IN THE BACK.  SO much arguing for nothing. Ridiculous. The excuse for not being able to find it before was because they didn't check the "packages" area >.<! 

There is a reason why this particular office has a 2 star rating on yelp and google. Just horrendous to deal with them.  I called them a couple of months ago regarding my missing boxy charm beauty box, and was put on hold only to be disconnected..This happened 2 more times to the point I think they thought it was funny to keep a person waiting by saying hold on, and then all I hear is "click" ..disconnected. 

Today my mailbox was left open >.<!! I wish companies would stop using usps all together... Id rather ups/fedex to deliver all my mail and packages.. but what can you do. I am just happy that I got my box 🙂 

From the MSA website.

They’ve revealed what brushes the June BoxyCharm will have:

B70A0DEF-C385-4F4F-8063-1CE9C7ADFE0A.jpeg

RE: Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

I’m new to boxy charm! But do they always send out brushes??

Saw this on Instagram :Luxie Brushes for June BoxyCharmLuxie Brushes for June BoxyCharm

Go figure... they add a brush set I'm interested in & an eyeshadow palette from a different brand once I'm no longer subscribed. Le sigh

Oooh nice, thanks for the post! It’s nice to get a better look at them😉👌 @ElleElleG

Isn’t that how it always happens?! That also happened to me, but on a different sub 😬😢

June BoxyCharm spoiler #4 from MSA

More brushes.... 

841CBC03-6495-4953-8510-1090EAA2601D.jpeg

Luxie brush set

These look good, and possibly full sized!

Even though I'm getting sick of brushes ..... I'm super e...

Even though I'm getting sick of brushes ..... I'm super excited for these. I love the eye brushes I got in Boxycharm last Fall.

Re: Even though I'm getting sick of brushes ..... I'm super e...

@Lazybeautybeast Those were kinda my thoughts as well.... I’m a little tired of brushes-but these ones look nice 😉😁

June Boxycharm Spoiler 3 from MSA.

Nice!  I've been wanting to try these, @Lazybeautybeast! ❤️

I broke down and decided to give FFF a try because the products were right up my alley and I got $20 off! I am SUPER excited with my Spring Editor box! I can't wait for the Summer box next month! 🌼🌸🌺

1 Reply
testing