Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Hi All! 

We are long overdue for an updated Subscription Sharing thread!  Whether it's BoxyCharm, Ipsy, or PopSugar we want to hear (and see) all about what you are subscribed to.

giphy

Interested in trading with other users?  Here are some things you need to know from @SydBristow and her trade threads:

Spoiler

IMPORTANT NOTE: To comply with Sephora's terms of use, items cannot be listed "for sale" or even for trade for Sephora or other gift cards. Please do not list "prices" either (which implies selling), but you can list approximate trade value.

Because a number of fake items have been sent in trades, it is strongly advised you provide photos of your higher-end items, including the labeling (you may be asked for it anyway) and list WHERE you purchased the item from. Fakes are readily available from less reputable sellers and can contain toxins! It is important to everyone to know where their cosmetics come from.

Please also be aware that some makeup products cannot be sanitized - please use caution in your trades. When in doubt, ask the community, it's a great resource! Used items you may wish to avoid are mascara, liquid eyeliner, lip glosses, and cream products.

Acquiring Items
Please use discretion with whom you enter into trades with. There is a summarized list of trusted traders here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/List-of-Successful-Traders-January-2015/td-p/1852954 Protect yourself in your trades, ask questions (such as where an item was purchased), ask for additional photos (to show level of usage and/or labeling to prove authenticity).
If you don’t feel 100% comfortable doing a trade because someone is new, you can request they send their items first.

Communication
Please use the private message system on Beauty Talk and/or tag the user you are trying to get in touch with. Communication is key! You can tell a lot about a trade by how the communication goes. If you will be unavailable for any periods of time, please be up front, and if there are any issues with shipping please be up front about that as well.

Delivery
Having tracking and insurance on shipments goes a long way to figuring out where an item might be. The USPS puts anticipated delivery dates and tracking numbers right on the receipt. If there is any issue with an item you have sent out, please follow up with the carrier.

SUCCESSFUL TRADE EXPERIENCES?
Consider providing your feedback on successful trades on this thread here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Successful-Trades-or-TSB-Experiences/td-p/1012387

**the previous thread can be found here: Subscription box photo sharing

Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

My eyeshadow came broken

( I received a palette already swatched by someone else! yuck! and one pan came shattered!) I just contacted Boxycharm about this! I just have to wait and see( I'm hoping they send me another one)

boxycharnbroken.jpeg

What is the deal with broken pallets from boxycharm  lately?! I’ve received two broken ones in the last 6months and I’ve seen a bunch of post here about broken ones! Hopefully you get better replacements then I got, a eyeliner and mascara. I didn’t think that was a very good replacement,  I was mad as heck! 

Oh no!   So sorry your eyeshadow was broken, @mezzotown88!!! 😞

😪

NOOO!!! That is so sad @mezzotown88! I hope they make it right! 

RE: Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

@mezzotown88 Oh no!!! Have you emailed them? I’ve heard they send replacements. It may not be the exact shadow palette if the box is sold out, but it will be something comparable. That’s such a bummer. They package well too. The egg crate helps everything from bumping around.

Re: RE: Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

@darlyndar I did email them...still haven't heard back from them. 

@mezzotown88 oh no! That really sucks - usually they are so good! I hope they are able to send you another one!

RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Ipsy came today! They’re always the first subscription to arrive. I’vebeen getting brushes every month and it makes me realllly happy! Excited for the Serum but can do without another liquid lip. Especially cause I’ve reverted back to traditional bullet lipsticks the last few months. (Tom Ford...I’m coming for you!!!) I only have 3 shades from him and I want a lot more! I think I’m going to try out the mask right now. I haven’t worn a stitch of makeup for the last 3 days but I’ve been doing a lot of cleaning. I need to get rid of all the chemicals that may have gotten on my skin. ❤️❤️

lmao @darlyndar I got the exact same Ipsy as you, even th...

lmao @darlyndar I got the exact same Ipsy as you, even the same shade of liquid lipstick

Re: lmao @darlyndar I got the exact same Ipsy as you, even th...

@GG84 It was a good month. I liked the brush a lot. 

Re: RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

That bag is so cute! I hope I get a lighter lipstick, I have so many reds and dark browns from my bags. Lol My 18 year old twins get mine lol

@darlyndar That brush is so cute! 

I agree, @PrettyPaint!   That brush is super cute, @darlyndar!

RE: Re: RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

@PrettyPaint It really is! It’s meant for highlighting but I think I’ll be using it for contour. It the perfect shape for that!

I received my first Detox Box from the Detox Market today - (crossposted from the Canadian Peeps thread). This box just became available for Canadians, so I decided to try it out 🙂 It's been available in the US for a few months already, but it looks like the same products were included in both boxes this month.

This month’s brand is Tammy Fender and it includes the Epi-Peel and Bulgarian Rose Water. Nicely packaged box and very quick shipping. Although the rose water is a smaller size than the option sold by The Detox Market (28.5 g instead of 178 g). The Epi Peel is full sized ($105 CAD) but I’m not sure how they came up with the $21 CAD value for the rose water since I don’t see DM selling it... and the value is lower when I calculate it using the size they sell. Still, the value of the box is there.

This looks really interesting @lachaton ! I've never heard of this box - I look forward to hearing your thoughts on future boxes! Do they feature a different brand every month?

@Kim888 Yes, they feature a new brand each month! 

It's a fairly new box - I think it might have just started in October 2017? Normally, I'm wary of subscription boxes (especially new ones) but I have more confidence in this one since The Detox Market is a store I've shopped with for a while now. 

October was Odacite

November was Josh Rosenbrook

December was Dr. Alkaitis and

January is Tammy Fender

Wow, I had just posted the reveals yesterday and the bag arrived today Smiley LOL 

ipss.PNG

The bag is so cute!  It's mesh with shoe-lace tabs on the zipper head. 

Wow!  That was fast, @ZombieMetroAnt!   Nice bag! ❤️

Nice subscription bag!  I was hoping to get the pink lippy, but alas they are sending another nude lippy that makes me look like death warmed over.  It will be off to the give away pile.

testing