Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Hi All! 

We are long overdue for an updated Subscription Sharing thread!  Whether it's BoxyCharm, Ipsy, or PopSugar we want to hear (and see) all about what you are subscribed to.

giphy

Interested in trading with other users?  Here are some things you need to know from @SydBristow and her trade threads:

Spoiler

IMPORTANT NOTE: To comply with Sephora's terms of use, items cannot be listed "for sale" or even for trade for Sephora or other gift cards. Please do not list "prices" either (which implies selling), but you can list approximate trade value.

Because a number of fake items have been sent in trades, it is strongly advised you provide photos of your higher-end items, including the labeling (you may be asked for it anyway) and list WHERE you purchased the item from. Fakes are readily available from less reputable sellers and can contain toxins! It is important to everyone to know where their cosmetics come from.

Please also be aware that some makeup products cannot be sanitized - please use caution in your trades. When in doubt, ask the community, it's a great resource! Used items you may wish to avoid are mascara, liquid eyeliner, lip glosses, and cream products.

Acquiring Items
Please use discretion with whom you enter into trades with. There is a summarized list of trusted traders here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/List-of-Successful-Traders-January-2015/td-p/1852954 Protect yourself in your trades, ask questions (such as where an item was purchased), ask for additional photos (to show level of usage and/or labeling to prove authenticity).
If you don’t feel 100% comfortable doing a trade because someone is new, you can request they send their items first.

Communication
Please use the private message system on Beauty Talk and/or tag the user you are trying to get in touch with. Communication is key! You can tell a lot about a trade by how the communication goes. If you will be unavailable for any periods of time, please be up front, and if there are any issues with shipping please be up front about that as well.

Delivery
Having tracking and insurance on shipments goes a long way to figuring out where an item might be. The USPS puts anticipated delivery dates and tracking numbers right on the receipt. If there is any issue with an item you have sent out, please follow up with the carrier.

SUCCESSFUL TRADE EXPERIENCES?
Consider providing your feedback on successful trades on this thread here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Successful-Trades-or-TSB-Experiences/td-p/1012387

**the previous thread can be found here: Subscription box photo sharing

Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

@Tamara76 

Wo~w  😮 this is amazing!!😃

like everything I’m seeing😍

I better look into popsugar and birchbox subs!

Enjoy everything 🤗

Thank you so much, @mezzotown88 - I will! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

I got my box today as well! Overall this month just wasn’t for me, they all can’t be wins though and next month looks better. I’m excited for the mascara and I actually really needed a new blush brush (I gave  the ones we got a few months ago to my sister) so those are good for me. Like @Lazybeautybeast mentioned the Lippie is very shimmery I’m not sure I’ll ever wear it. The blush palette is a bit meh for me, the formula felt very stiff/gritty when I swatched it. I don’t have any color correctors so I guess I’ll give that a try 🤷🏻‍♀️5E2F3190-8E13-4FAA-920D-43B816BFB6A8.jpeg

@Kim888  got the same box as you..

Yeah I feel same about the december box! Meh.. not impressed!

next month box is going to be much better than this month!

Not a bad box, @Kim888!  What do you think of the Tarteist Mascara?

I haven’t had a change to try it yet! I like their Amazonian mascara that comes in that wood looking package though so I feel like this will be good as well 

@Kim888 I hope you love it!   I've tried deluxe samples of this one and it is pretty nice - very volumizing! ❤️

Ok just tried the Pretty Vulgar and this is not something I can wear alone.  I may try it in the center of the lip or on top of a matter brown shade.  Also, for those of you who've used it did your product start to collect at the top? This isn't completely unusual but the amount of product that got up there after one use seems like a lot to me.20171216_144624.jpg

RE: Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

I thought it was just me. My husband said it look house only makeup. @ElleElleG

@ElleElleG Same thing happened to me when I opened the lipgloss...

it is a little bit unusual for me too because I never had that problem with my other lipglosses or liquid lipsticks hmm🤔

@mezzotown88 I'm curious to see what happens once that little area gets full...like will the excess product come out the tube or??  If I play around with it tomorrow I may just find out, LOL

Interesting!  I love Pretty Vulgar, but have never tried their liquid lippies - Is it just too metallic or shimmery or what?   @ElleElleG

10000% metallic!  If I remember to, I'll post some photos tomorrow @Tamara76

Thanks, lovely!  A metallic lip may look really good with the amazing looks you create with your Pat McGrath palettes, though - especially for the holidays... Just a thought! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️   @ElleElleG

Now you're giving me ideas @Tamara76 🤔🤔

I totally agree. It might be pretty in an ombre lip (whic...

I totally agree. It might be pretty in an ombre lip (which I've never done but I've wanted to try) but alone is a little much for me.

Re: I totally agree. It might be pretty in an ombre lip (whic...

Ombres are fun @Lazybeautybeast  Also if the metallic is too much you may want to put this in the center of the lip first and put the deeper shade on the afterwards to ombre/tune it down a bit.

Finally!! I have mixed feelings about this box. I've been...

Finally!! I have mixed feelings about this box. I've been looking forward to trying the tarte mascara and I got the color I wanted in the Pretty Vulgar (My Lips are Sealed) but it's much more shimmery then I realized. The formula is nice and wearable though... Not sure how I feel about it yet. I thought I would get the color correction palettebut I got the bronzer instead. I rarely use them and have quite a few so Imight gift or trade it. The blush and brush seem nice...I just havemore blushes then I know what to do with this right now. I guess even if I only end up liking the mascara, the boxes is worth it, right?

Re: Finally!! I have mixed feelings about this box. I've been...

@Lazybeautybeast 

Glad you finally got your box!🤗

I’m the opposite I wish I got the bronzer palette instead of the color correcting palette(because I never use them)  oh well 😔 

Re: Finally!! I have mixed feelings about this box. I've been...

That bronzer is sooo pretty, though - Have you tried it?   @Lazybeautybeast

Not yet @Tamara76. I'm going to swatch it and try it out...

Not yet @Tamara76. I'm going to swatch it and try it out a few times. I'm honestly not use to using bronzers so it might be a good time to refresh my skills.
7 Replies
testing