Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Hi All! 

We are long overdue for an updated Subscription Sharing thread!  Whether it's BoxyCharm, Ipsy, or PopSugar we want to hear (and see) all about what you are subscribed to.

giphy

Interested in trading with other users?  Here are some things you need to know from @SydBristow and her trade threads:

Spoiler

IMPORTANT NOTE: To comply with Sephora's terms of use, items cannot be listed "for sale" or even for trade for Sephora or other gift cards. Please do not list "prices" either (which implies selling), but you can list approximate trade value.

Because a number of fake items have been sent in trades, it is strongly advised you provide photos of your higher-end items, including the labeling (you may be asked for it anyway) and list WHERE you purchased the item from. Fakes are readily available from less reputable sellers and can contain toxins! It is important to everyone to know where their cosmetics come from.

Please also be aware that some makeup products cannot be sanitized - please use caution in your trades. When in doubt, ask the community, it's a great resource! Used items you may wish to avoid are mascara, liquid eyeliner, lip glosses, and cream products.

Acquiring Items
Please use discretion with whom you enter into trades with. There is a summarized list of trusted traders here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/List-of-Successful-Traders-January-2015/td-p/1852954 Protect yourself in your trades, ask questions (such as where an item was purchased), ask for additional photos (to show level of usage and/or labeling to prove authenticity).
If you donโ€™t feel 100% comfortable doing a trade because someone is new, you can request they send their items first.

Communication
Please use the private message system on Beauty Talk and/or tag the user you are trying to get in touch with. Communication is key! You can tell a lot about a trade by how the communication goes. If you will be unavailable for any periods of time, please be up front, and if there are any issues with shipping please be up front about that as well.

Delivery
Having tracking and insurance on shipments goes a long way to figuring out where an item might be. The USPS puts anticipated delivery dates and tracking numbers right on the receipt. If there is any issue with an item you have sent out, please follow up with the carrier.

SUCCESSFUL TRADE EXPERIENCES?
Consider providing your feedback on successful trades on this thread here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Successful-Trades-or-TSB-Experiences/td-p/1012387

**the previous thread can be found here: Subscription box photo sharing

Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

LE Glossybox Spoiler 3Nest CandleNest Candle

Do any of you currently subscribe to Glossybox? I'm tempted to get this but the reviews I've seen have me second guessing... 

@ElleElleG, I had it for a little over a year.  Great presentation & an interesting array of products.  Ultimately I canceled because it was a tad bit pricey and some of the product choices were not items Iโ€™d use. 

Thanks for sharing @ZombieMetroAnt @moxiepancakes

Did either of you ever have any issues with shipping, customer service, etc? 

Thankfully, the box always arrived in a timely manner and none of the items were ever missing or damaged @ElleElleG.  Have heard mixed reviews on their C.S. but I've never personally contacted them. 

I've read on MSA that Gilt City will offer a 6-mon sub for $15 a box (instead of $21).  If I see that offer, I'll make sure to tag you, in case you're considering it. Heart

Not needing to contact their CS is always a good thing.

Thanks @ZombieMetroAnt. At this point I'm only interested in snagging their LE Box ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

I did for a while... it was a let down. The overall values were great but the products were just not things I would use.

November Ipsy:

november2017ipsy.jpg

Spoiler
1.  Bag:   Way cuter than I expected - I like the copper color with the mustard yellow
2.  SLMissGlam Tapered Highlight Brush - This is really cute with the jewels on the handle!
3.  Bad Baby Dry Shampoo Pen - Interesting!  It's not really a pen - It has a spray nozzle, but very unique concept for sure!
4.  IT Cosmetics CC Cream - Meh - Not my favorite, but I have a friend who likes it a lot
5.  Global Beauty Care Dead Sea Wash Off Mask - I have never tried this, so I look forward to checking it out
6.  Colourpop Eyeshadow Single in Come and Get It - OMG!!!  I have legit had this shade on my wishlist for the last 6 months!!!  I cannot wait to try it!!! โค๏ธ

November Popsugar Must Have:

nov2017psmh.jpg

Spoiler
1.  Knot & Bow Holiday Gift Wrap - I really like that this in the November box instead of the December box - great idea! โค๏ธ
2.  Jen Atkin x Chloe + Isabel Headband - Cute!
3.  Unqualified by Anna Faris - So excited to read this!  I love her!!!!
4.  Hester & Cook Chalkboard Paper Placement Pad and Set of Chalk Pencils - How fun is this?!?!
5.  Fatty Sundays Peppermint and Chocolate Covered Pretzels - These have already been devoured and I had to share with my kid because she saw them - lol!
6.  Tarteist Pro Glow to Go Highlight and Contour Palette
7.  Bloomthat $25 Gift Card

Overall, I'm really happy with this box - At first glance, I was kind of meh, but I'm actually super excited about everything now! โค๏ธ

Too cool!!  The Anna Faris book is on my list now!  Eek, that brush in your IPSY bag is so cute @Tamara76 Heart  Oh, you're gonna have so much fun with all these new goodies...

Thank you!   I'm definitely happy with my November subs so far!  I think I've got 3 more on the way! โค๏ธ

@Tamara76 The chalk pencils and chalkboard paper look really neat! ๐Ÿ™‚ I think I would enjoy a subscription box full of art supplies, pens, etc.

@PrettyPaint Ohhhh - I bet there is a subscription for art supplies somewhere! And if there's not, you just came up with an awesome new business idea! ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

::swoon::  what an awesome box!boxy.JPG

...and that lippie couldn't be more perfect!

Spoiler
boxy1.JPG

Beautiful!  That Winky Lux palette is just way too cute! โค๏ธ  

And the lipstick is definitely your color, girl! @ZombieMetroAnt

I wore all the products in mine box today except the lip...

I wore all the products in mine box today except the lip mask! I loved the lippie!

RE: I wore all the products in mine box today except the lip...

I feel like I had a hard time with the Lippie - it clung really badly to my lips maybe itโ€™s a sign I need to exfoliate or use the lip mask in there lol.

Re: RE: I wore all the products in mine box today except the lip...

Oh no, sorry to hear that @Kim888!  I wore it underneath MAC's Prime & Prep Lip Primer (that helps it stay put throughout the day) and it glided right on.  Maybe applying balm before hand so your lips are nice and lush...Heart 

@ZombieMetroAnt Thanks for the tip Iโ€™ll definitely try that! The color is so perfect for this time of year I want to make it work ๐Ÿ™‚

@Kim888, I know you can do it, girl!  And you would totally rock that shade!  Heart 

Full spoilers for the Boxycharm LE Box are up!

I have a feeling these periods will get truncated and the spoiler won't be hidden in the main thread anyways.. lol.. idk why spoiler items get displayed on the main page ._. blah blah blah blah blah

Items:

Spoiler
- Tarte Miracles from the Amazon Eye & Cheek Palette or Be Your Own Tarteist Eye & Cheek Palette $38
- Ofra Vitamin C Cream $50
- Becca First Light Priming Filter Primer $18
- Sigma E35 ($17) or E45 ($16)
- Pur Cosmetics Big Look Mascara ($21)
- Makeup Geek Eyeliner - 4 color options
- Bare Minerals Lip Gloss - 2 color options ($18)
- CoverFX Custom Enhancer Drops in Blossom or Halo ($42) 

Photos or it didn't happen @whitepolkydots, LOL

Spoiler

Full LE BoxyCharm SpoilersFull LE BoxyCharm SpoilersFull LE BoxyCharm SpoilersFull LE BoxyCharm SpoilersFull LE BoxyCharm SpoilersFull LE BoxyCharm Spoilers

๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰

I reposted the photo into 3 parts so you could actually SEE the items, lol (didn't realize how microscopic it looked previously; sorry for hurting your eyes).

4 Replies
testing