S hopping is our fave form of cardio

E xcited for new releases!

P atiently waits for a good promo to buy

T empted by new stuff from our fav brands

E xhaustly, makes lists for sales

M emorizes card numbers for faster checkout

B reaks no buys for lower/smarter buys😉

E rratic? No, not us! We're planners

R est assured! This month is going to be great!

Until, midnight on my birthday, September 1st! Please continue to post last minute August hauls on August thread. Happy haulin y'all!

4d0026d4e2422de79a1ed4fb2e9d399a.gif

tenor (21).gif

tenor (22).gif

Re: Stunning September 2020 Hauls

Great haul! Enjoy your goodies! @sonnydee 

Thank you @idanyd 🤗

@sonnydee  Wow another great haul!

Thanks @ather 💙💙💙

Love it all @sonnydee and whoa that shadow sparkle! Looks amazing on you! 

Thanks @Sunnysmom i like using these palette of pops just for that. A pop of sparkle but may feel the need to do a look using 1 or more💖🤗

I received this in my New Beauty Test Tube- Afterspa Exfoliating Wash Cloth.  I usually use one of those puffy shower sponges or a washcloth when I take a shower.  But this product is incredible!  It removed most of a buildup of dry skin on my elbow (eczema) and felt really good using it, like I was scratching an itch all over my body (I have very dry skin.) 

After my shower, I used my usual FAB cream (or DE lotion,) and my skin has never felt that smooth before- not exaggerating.  And the smoothness lasts.

I won't use this every time I shower, but I was so happy to find something to exfoliate that didn't involve making an oily, slippery mess with a scrub, or something that potentially might give me a chemical reaction.  I never knew a shower could be so exciting. lol

afterspa.jpg

This sounds great, @Ispend2much6! I don't use scrubs in the shower, either, for the same reason.

@Ispend2much6  That sounds awesome! I wonder if the texture is close to the Sephora shower mitten that I have? 

@ather   Here's a picture of the cloth, in case it helps you see if it's similar to something you already have.  It looks like terry cloth, but it's not cotton, it's acrylic.

20201001_225734.jpg

@ather. I wish I knew; I don't have the Sephora mitt. The best way I can describe it is it's made out of a stiff boucle of thin plastic threads not unlike those netted produce bags. It's stretchy also

What a cool product @Ispend2much6 ! How fun to try and love it. 🥰

Orders from SpaceNK, Ulta, and By Terry direct: 

I mean, how is my inner raven supposed to pass up those glosses?!I mean, how is my inner raven supposed to pass up those glosses?!Newly acquired By Terry Kabuki Brush, shown (for size comparison) beside the Charlotte Tilbury kabuki brush I already had. They're the same diameter.Newly acquired By Terry Kabuki Brush, shown (for size comparison) beside the Charlotte Tilbury kabuki brush I already had. They're the same diameter.

Details & swatches: 

Spoiler

By Terry:

• Hyaluronic Pressed Hydra-Powder - I've raved about the original translucent loose powder version for a couple years now, so I'm excited to try the pressed compact version! 
  • Terrybly Velvet Rouge in shade 8 Ingu Rouge - adding to my collection of these great liquid satins. 
  • Tool-Expert Kabuki Brush - I hope this will be a good travel buddy! I'll have to test it soon. Here are a few more size comparison photos of this brush and the Charlotte Tilbury Air Brush: 
Spoiler
The CT brush is slightly too large for the way I travel.The CT brush is slightly too large for the way I travel.Brush heads are the same height and diameter.Brush heads are the same height and diameter.CT brush is a bit denser than the BT brush, which has more splay.CT brush is a bit denser than the BT brush, which has more splay.

I posted the sad story of my By Terry order in the Beauty Pet Peeves thread. Not sure I'll ever see the other 2 items missing from my order (either By Terry left them out or US Customs took them). Sigh. 

Surratt Prismatique Lips in shades Diamantee and Frou Frou - both are shimmers, but Frou Frou's glitter is much subtler than Diamantee's. 

Kevyn Aucoin: all but Magenta Sapphire were marked down to $8 USD, and I got one for free. 🙂 

• The Molten Gems Liquid Lipstick in shades Blue Amethyst, Magenta Sapphire, and Violet Quartz - my swatch photos don't do these shimmery sparklers justice. 
  • The Molten Metals Lip Color in Gold and Copper - I already had 2 other shades (Bronze and Carbon) so I grabbed 2 more. 

9ABDE4FA-33DD-4B5F-8F2C-890714C46D19_1_201_a.jpegBetter view of the 4 shades near my thumb. NARS Golden Gate is a bit cooler mauve than it appears to be in my bathroom lighting.Better view of the 4 shades near my thumb. NARS Golden Gate is a bit cooler mauve than it appears to be in my bathroom lighting.
Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Own Your Light 

NARS: 

• Satin Lip Pencil in Golden Gate 
  • Orgasm X Cheek Palette - I might return this or gift it to someone. I thought it'd be a convenient travel palette: I already have (and love) the Orgasm X blush single, and I figured the highlighter in this palette could replace others I've packed in my travel kit. But this highlighter's not nearly as smooth and buttery as my NARS highlighter singles. In my swatches below, I compared it to the NARS Fort de France highlighter which is subtler and gorgeous. And of course, the original Orgasm blush has never worked on me as a blush; it's more of a highlighter on me. 

Eh, if you like bolder highlighters, the Orgasm highlighter shade might be up your alley. I prefer good ol' Fort de France.Eh, if you like bolder highlighters, the Orgasm highlighter shade might be up your alley. I prefer good ol' Fort de France.

Sephora order: 

When all The Inkey List items you wanted come back in stock at the same time.When all The Inkey List items you wanted come back in stock at the same time.
Details & some L'Absolu Lacquer comparison swatches: 

Spoiler

The Inkey List:

• Oat Cleansing Balm - a restock. I love using this as step 1 of a double cleanse, or a full morning cleanse, or a 10-minute calming mask. 
  • Tranexamic Acid Night Treatment - been wanting to try this for a while. Will start testing soon. 
  • Kaolin mask - haven't used TIL's clay mask yet; hopefully it won't overdry my skin. 
  • Peptide Moisturizer - wasn't going to try this, but curiosity + low price finally got to me. I used it last night and my face liked it. I'll have to keep using it for a while before I can pass final judgment. The jar's cap is annoyingly hard to remove, so I never push it all the way down onto the jar. 

Lancome:

• Cils Booster XL - a restock. I always buy the mini size of this, or try to get a free DS of it. 
  • L'Absolu Lacquer in shade 134 Be Brilliant - can't believe I never bought this shade, since I own all the other reds in this line of glosses. Here's how Be Brilliant compares to 3 of the other L'Absolu Lacquer reds: 

SIMILAR, not same. :DSIMILAR, not same. 😄

Olaplex No. 3 - a restock in mini travel-friendly form. I used a promo code to get this freebie. 

Pat McGrath Labs Red Opulence Mini Lip Gloss Trio - glad I saw this pop back up for sale! I missed it the first time around. 

Hahaha! Glad The Inkey List products were restocked @WinglessOne! Yay for that Transexamic Acid Night Treatment! ❤️

@WinglessOne ,

These beautiful hauls!  How is it possible?  Awesome!

Thanks for the swatches!

Thanks @tsavorite !

I love your new Surratt and Kevyn Aucoin lip colors, @WinglessOne!  Thanks for your comparison swatches!

Thank you @curlychiquita !

AMAZING HAUL! Enjoy your goodies thank you for the info! @WinglessOne 

Thank you @idanyd !

I was thrilled with the timing of The INKEY List Oat Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 5 oz/ 150 mL being in stock @WinglessOne. I have others to get through first but was so happy to snag it. Looks to be out of stock again. I also picked up the kaolin which I will open next week. Curious about the peptide moisturizer too so once you have some final thoughts, let us know! 😊

26 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos362
  • 4d0026d4e2422de79a1ed4fb2e9d399a.gif
  • tenor (21).gif
  • tenor (22).gif
  • 37f538ce2d0dfbba32bf451fe65a29d4.gif
  • thank-you-for-all-the-birthday-wishes-im-as-happy-as-a-cat-on-a-warm-pizza-box.jpeg
  • tenor (24).gif
  • tenor (25).gif
  • 817A7A37-03B6-4019-A549-C16EC3FD941B.gif
  • 200 (1).gif
  • images (5).jpeg
  • 5EA98A28-6296-45B0-8648-7E507C09C5FB.gif
  • AD33C090-1E9F-4C16-928B-BE3158774693.gif
  • Happy-Birthday-Gif_02180220.gif
  • IMG_20200831_151245615.jpg
  • IMG_20200901_130322290.jpg
testing