Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Spring Savings Event 2022 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

2022-04-01-spring-savings-event-site-desktop-mobile-app-community-thread-image-questions-release.jpg

One of Sephora’s biggest beauty events of the year is just around the corner! What will you be stocking up on during the 2022 Spring Savings Event? This thread is the place to give or get unbiased product recommendations, ask for advice on what newness to try next, share basket-building inspiration, and of course, post your Spring Savings Event hauls! We do love a good unboxing moment here in Community. 😉 Whether you’re hunting for a hot makeup find, a skincare replen, a fresh new fragrance, the latest hair tool, or some self-care and wellness essentials (or all of the above!), we want to hear all about your Spring Savings Event shopping list!

As a reminder, if you’re Rouge like us, you can shop starting Friday, 4/1 with a 20% discount in-store or online with the code SAVESPRING. If you’re VIB, you get 15% off starting Tuesday, 4/5, and if you’re an Insider, you can get 10% off starting Thursday, 4/7. In addition, everyone will get 30% off Sephora Collection for the duration of the event, 4/1 through 4/11 – no additional code required. Find out more about the Spring Savings Event on our FAQ thread here: Spring Savings Event 2022 FAQs 

Hit the reply button and let us know below: What are you adding to your basket during the 2022 Spring Savings Event? Be sure to use the “#” sign to tag any products you mention!

Re: Spring Savings Event 2022 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

@danielledanielle I think it just came out, so I haven't tried it yet, but it looked really buildable and pigmented in the demo! I just hope it lasts a decent amount of time since most blushes (especially cream ones) don't seem to last all day. They showed us how to make blush last by layering a powder blush and setting powder on top of a cream blush, but I'm really all for fewer steps and having all of my makeup done in two minutes, ha.

I love OUAI! If your hair falls in fine and falls flat like mines, their OUAI Volume Spray 4.7 oz/ 140 mL is literally a miracle worker💓 

@txcatx  I love the Ouai thin hair line.  The mask is also great, and the unscented curl cream.  It adds a lot of body.

The sun is out again here which means it's time to look into new sunscreen! #shiseido was so so good to me last year, I might just restock. I'm also focusing on lip care this spring and I'm loving my sample of lip masks so I'm ready to make a choice. Hello luscious lips!

That Shiseido sunscreen is a fave, especially for my dry skin, @jannette55 !! Nice picks!!

I recently started using the Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen and I love it, I highly recommend trying it out! 

I can’t wait!! I’ve been building my cart waiting for this 😍😍

So far in my basket other then my usual items that I’ll need to stock up on. I’m getting everything lips since they have been hidden for so long. 
MAC Twig 

Milk makeup melitonin lip mask

Milk makeup Kush lip balm

Im also on the hunt for a good priced vit c serum since I out of the glow recipe one (the pineapple version). 

Thinking about the Spring, reminds me of what the season has to offer. Let's start of by the drastic March winds, showers of April, and the bloom of May. Well, we should take care of our skin no matter what.

March winds, how daunting it sounds. We should keep our skin moisturized and hydrated. For our normal to combination skin using both together should do just fine. For our oily skin just one will do I'll go for the moisturizer. The dry skin add a serum to the list of favorites.

Getting us to April while most will dread the shows of the rain helping us wash our makeup away, but not to worry there's holding spray for our hair and something for our makeup what ever product you choose to use. Rule of thumb if you double setting spray with a setting powder that's double the endurance. 

May it's time to bring back the quality of our skin. So for the oily grab a dehydrator and a moisturizer, the combination to normal back to the moisturizer unless you're going for the more dewy look. With that look use a serum on the places you want to be brought out. For the dry choosing still a good moisturizer and hydrated serum will be great.

There's the break down, you should try to keep your skin a nice healthy glow.

i love love that hourglass brush @Janpies ! I've had it for years and it's such good quality!

All the beauty sales everywhere AND the fact that spring is right around the corner have me wanting to refresh my routine: There's nothing in my cart right now, but I'd love your (cruelty-free) recs for serums to refine and even skin tone and SPF! I'm already on the Vitamin C and Retinol band wagons, but my skin is dull and just not as healthy-looking as I'd like (especially given the attention I give it to keep it in good shape!)

Thank you!

I highly recommend the Biossance Rapid Radiance Set ! The entire line of Biossance is EWG Clean Certified (meaning it’s squeaky clean and completely safe for all skin types including sensitive). Don’t quote me but I think it follows the UK clean guidelines (I totally could be wrong about that one I thought I read it in Elle or something). 

Anyway, this line is super effective in brightening and evening the complexion while keeping the skin super hydrated and protected. 

Right now it my cart I have

Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Sunscreen SPF 50 

OUAI Melrose Place Moisturizing Body Cream 7.5 oz/ 212 g 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Sugar Body Scrub 400 mL/ 13.5 oz 

LAWLESS Set The Stage Hydrating Primer Serum 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

NARS Lipstick Roman Holiday 

MAC Cosmetics Macstack Mascara 

VOLUSPA Mini Spring Tin Candle Set 

NAILS INC. Nail Polish Space Cadet 

My basket might change before checkout. I have been on a no buy for March. I also used my Sephora points to get the $100.00 reward which I will be using towards the sale purchase.

@Mellmars1185 that Nails Inc lacquer looks v.nice! Love denim-blues.  Do you know their formula already? Because I've been contemplating "MoonBoots". For me, its price point is a bit high. I wonder if it's totally worth it, even with a discount??

@MvLL @Mellmars1185 

"Worth it" totally varies from person to person, but for me personally? Nah. I like Nails Inc just fine, I've a got a couple of their sets (much better value there, frankly, where they are 2/$15 or 4/$22), but $15 a bottle for what amounts to fairly basic polish is a bit high, IMHO. I reserve paying those prices for the really fun indie stuff with really unique pigments and flakies and glitters and such. That said, if you really love the color, it might absolutely be worth it to you!

If they have any (other) shades that interest you, check out Sally's...they've got B2G1 on Nails Inc right now, and all of their bottles are $10-11. They don't have Moon Boots, unfortunately, but if they have some others you like, it's a better price per bottle to give the brand a shot.

Thanks for the good, supportive advice, @RGbrown , @Mellmars1185. ...and the Intel on Sally's promo! 

Good to know that Nails Inc is Ok, not Wow. I may now cast my eyes towards Pacifica (a/o x-Free lacquers) for a shifty pinky-lilac-iridescent number.

@RGbrown Wise words!

@MvLL I agree about the price. I have since removed it from my cart as Sally's had a sale @RGbrown 

@Mellmars1185  Roman Holiday is lovely!

1,150 Replies
testing