Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Spooky October Hauls 2019

October is here which means fall is here along with all the beautiful holiday releases, and cozy weather. It is my birthday month so I thought to start the haul thread for this month. Show me what amazing goodies you got, whether they are big or small, I always love seeing new hauls.

october-1000x700.jpg

Re: Spooky October Hauls 2019

That candle stand is so pretty @SportyGirly125! ❤️🧜‍♀️

@faeriegirl thank you

RE: Re: Spooky October Hauls 2019

That’s such a cute haul!!! Fell in love with the mermaid 🧜🏼‍♀️ @SportyGirly125

Re: RE: Re: Spooky October Hauls 2019

@idanyd @Thank you. 

Okay, now I need to stop buying things for myself (besides skincare restocks) unless another major PMG thing drops this year. 😄 I’m keeping a few items out of photos and descriptions because they’re gifts for a couple folks who might find me on BIC, and then they’ll see this, and booooo no gift spoilers! 

Not pictured: a few gifts for other folks.Not pictured: a few gifts for other folks.
Ulta: 
Spoiler
Becca Holiday Party Popper Lip Kit: because I wanted a mini of Rosewood. I’ll also use the shade Orchid, but not Sugar. 

Urban Decay: 
 - Lo-Fi Lip Mousse in Wavelength - I’m finally trying one of these! 
 - Sweet Little Vices - I’ll wear-test these mini bullets myself before buying more as gifts for other folks. These look like they contain the smallest amount of product of all my mini bullets. Even less than PMG minis bullets, which are about as long but poured a tad wider. I’m worried the 2 honey shade bullets are soft enough to break in this mini form. Hmm. 
 - GWP - mini 24/7 Eye Pencil in Zero and mini Primer Potion. 

UD Sweet Little Vices swatches, plus a Miss Fame swatch.UD Sweet Little Vices swatches, plus a Miss Fame swatch.
Beautylish: I, um, may have gone slightly overboard during the gift card event... 
Spoiler
Hourglass Ghost Ambient Lighting Blush Quad: I’m pleasantly surprised that all 4 shades work in some way on my skin tone, though my swatch photo doesn’t clearly show that. Lucid Glow is gorgeous on skin in person! Surreal Effect reminds me of Vivid Flush (2019 Lunar New Year shade) without the moonlit glow. 

Hourglass Ghost blush quad: finger swatches buffed out with an eye blender brush.Hourglass Ghost blush quad: finger swatches buffed out with an eye blender brush.
Koyudo Yoshiki 004 and 005 eyeshadow brushes: wanted more pencil brushes, saw these ultra precise ones, and decided to give ‘em a go. 

Sonia G. Worker Pro Eye Set: because you can never have too many brushes? The original Worker One and Crease One are 2 of my favorite brushes, so I figure these Worker Pro brushes should also perform well. 

Viseart Coy palette and Orange Violet Blush palette: 2 things I’ve stalked for a while. I suppose Coy is a continuation of my Decadence consolation prize. 😄 In the blush palette, the lightest orange is very subtle on my skin tone; you can just barely see it in my swatch photo. I’ll probably use it to blend with other blush shades. But the second orange shade is exactly what I’ve been looking for, so I’m excited to try it on my face soon. I’m very familiar with Viseart’s eyeshadows, but these are my first Viseart blushes. I hope they perform as well as NARS powder blushes. 

Viseart Orange Violet Blush Palette: finger swatches buffed out with an eye blender brush.Viseart Orange Violet Blush Palette: finger swatches buffed out with an eye blender brush.
Miss Fame Beauty LipVoyeur Creme Lipstick in Dirty Couture: couldn’t resist the blue. Will give it a wear test soon. 

That packaging though... :D The case has a magnetic closure.That packaging though... 😄 The case has a magnetic closure.
Inglot Freedom System 4-square palette, to hold Freedom System Lipsticks in shades 46, 57, 91, and 519: I passed on these during last month’s sale. Couldn’t pass them up this time. I was going to use one of my super sturdy MUFE magnetic palettes to house these, but I wanted to give the Inglot palette a shot. Not sure if the palette will help keep these cream pans from drying out, though. I might end up putting a bit of plastic wrap between lid and palette as extra insurance.  

The yellow’s more pastel than primary on my hand, but we’ll see how it looks on my lips later.The yellow’s more pastel than primary on my hand, but we’ll see how it looks on my lips later.The real reason I wanted these: custom blended lipstick shades.The real reason I wanted these: custom blended lipstick shades.
Sample: Good Molecules Niacinamide Toner. 
Sephora: 
Spoiler
NARS Studio 54 Mini Blush & Lip Balm Set in Torrid: look at that adorably tiny blush single! I’m glad NARS finally released a special/holiday set in shades besides Orgasm. The lip balm isn’t pigmented at all on me—it’s very sheer—but it feels very moisturizing, so I don’t mind having it as a mini glossy balm for travel. 

YTTP Superfood Moisturizer: a restock, because I thought I’d finish my current jar before the next good Sephora or YTTP sale. Now that Rouge dates have been released, I could’ve waited. Argh. 

@WinglessOne I’m eyeing on Sonia G face brushes but most of them are OOS during GC event 😟 Please report back on those Koyudo brushes 

@blackkitty2014  I had my Beautylish cart ready before the event, in case the Sonia G eye brush set sold out again. Sorry the face brushes were sold out. 😞 I’ve never used her face brushes but they sure are popular.

I’ll tag you when I’ve used those 2 Koyudo brushes. I still haven’t used my cat paw brush 😄 —I don’t wanna get it dirty! I might use it next time I wear a tinted moisturizer and decide to set it with powder. 

@WinglessOne I love her face brushes. I haven’t tried everything but everything I tried I want a 2nd one. 😉 I haven’t used the cat paw brush either. To be honest I have a bunch of brand new brushes I haven’t tried. I’m so bad. Love love your haul. I need to post mine (if I have the courage to do so). I’d been bad 🤣

@WinglessOne, Great purchases. You always have such a det...

@WinglessOne, Great purchases. You always have such a detailed write up with your hauls, love it. The Inglot looks interesting 🤔

Re: @WinglessOne, Great purchases. You always have such a det...

Thanks @Luvstravel ! I originally wanted one of MUFE’s Flash Color palettes so I could custom blend my own lip shades. But since I can choose exactly which shades I want via Inglot, I went that route instead. I’ll add at least 3 more shades so I can create more colors. 

I'm slowly dipping my toes into sonia g @WinglessOne I th...

I'm slowly dipping my toes into sonia g @WinglessOne I thought about picking up the set but decided against it. Love the ones i picked up so far! ❤ and great deal with gcs!

Re: I'm slowly dipping my toes into sonia g @WinglessOne I th...

Thanks @sonnydee ! I kept talking myself out of that brush set (“do I reeeeally need more Sonia G brushes... but aren’t I reeeeally curious about how the Pro series differs from the originals...”) but not this time. I’m glad you love your Sonia Gs! They really are great brushes. 🙂

@WinglessOne SOOOOOOOO many goodies in this haul, and I totally agree we can never have too many brushes. One of these days, I'm going to get a few Sonia G Brushes because I am always hearing my favorite YouTubers rave about them.

Thanks @sephoraaddict918! Sonia G brushes are a great investment. I can’t speak for the Pro series since I haven’t even unwrapped them yet; but if they perform as well as the originals, they’ll do half or more the work of applying shadows for you. 

The colors are gorgeous, @WinglessOne!

The colors are gorgeous, @WinglessOne! I haven't tried Viseart blushes yet.

Re: The colors are gorgeous, @WinglessOne!

Thank you @curlychiquita ! Hopefully I’ll get to wear one of the Viseart blushes tomorrow, if my sinuses are doing better. They’re all matte and feel very soft in the pan. 

great haul!! @WinglessOne love those brushes

great haul!! @WinglessOne love those brushes

Re: great haul!! @WinglessOne love those brushes

Thanks @lmaster !

RE: Re: Spooky October Hauls 2019

Wow!! Excellent haul!

Re: RE: Re: Spooky October Hauls 2019

Thank you @idanyd ! 

@WinglessOne Ugh, that is such a great haul 🙂 I feel like you're totally in my head...I have been lusting after new Sonia G brushes (though the face ones, I do so little eyeshadow work) and also picked up a couple Koyudo brushes during the Beautylish event. Curious to see how the Viseart blushes pan out, I always forget they have blushes too. A the blush quad! I've been using mine almost everyday, the shades are great layered too, I'm using the semi nude more as a highlighter but I'm just so pleased with the entire thing 🙂

Enjoy your haul, off to add that Nars/Torrid set to my basket...

1,859 Replies
testing