Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Haul Stars
|

So Long, 2020! โœŒ๐ŸปโœŒ๐ŸฝโœŒ๐ŸฟSparkling Fresh Starts and New Beginnings January 2021 Hauls

I think everyone can agree that 2020 was a tough year for all and one to remember. We learned about what really matters in life and to cherish the people around us.  To appreciate and thank the frontline workers who risk their lives everyday for us.  As well as how to adapt to the new norm-working from home, virtual learning for our kids, and wearing a mask out. 

I think we all canโ€™t wait for a fresh start and new beginning for the New Year and a little escape from reality.  Please share your hauls for this month and what you look forward to this New Year!  

Happy Birthday month to all the January babies! @niki172 @quspork @ohheyitscindyk@skcfan  I canโ€™t wait to see and hear from everyone. As always please remember to stay safe!

BB6C9990-1C97-4A33-8DCB-4CA6987D2D8E.gif

0DF08E41-E42F-49B2-9043-5D0990965964.jpeg

Re: So Long, 2020! โœŒ๐ŸปโœŒ๐ŸฝโœŒ๐ŸฟSparkling Fresh Starts and New Beginnings January 2021 Hauls

Thank you, @Kim888!! Its definitely a fave!!

Re: So Long, 2020! โœŒ๐ŸปโœŒ๐ŸฝโœŒ๐ŸฟSparkling Fresh Starts and New Beginnings January 2021 Hauls

An excellent first haul of the year @haleyvvvv๐Ÿ˜ The SdJ shower gel smells amazing. The Rare Beauty blush looks so pretty! How long does it wear on the lips?

Thank you, @itsfi!! I'm approaching a full body SDJ routine, lol, love that scent.

I put the Rare Beauty over qaglossy balm on my lips, so I couldn't say how long it lasted. Longer than I think I would have guessed, but also, didn't last through a water bottle? I'll try again when I pull up too much product, lol. It does make a pretty lippie though.

A few hauls from earlier this month. ๐Ÿ› 

1.24 Sephora a.jpg

Sephora - Saw the MILK MAKEUP Melatonin Overnight Lip Mask was on sale and I had to pick up a backup; it's a favorite. As for the other lip balms and masks, ummm... I'm weak. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ The SEPHORA COLLECTION Vegan Hydrating Lip Balm 3 Cherry has a slanted tip applicator, a thick consistency that melts and thins out upon application, and leaves a very lovely color to the lips. I may pick up the berry shade as well at some point.

1.24 Sephora b.jpg

Sephora 2.0 - I picked up the Fenty gloss set as a gift last year and decided to get one for myself. This is my 3rd set of the VOLUSPA Mini Vanilla Tin Candle Set - 2 of the candles are exclusive to Sephora but I really wish Sephora and Voluspa would make both a part of the permanent line; they smell amazing!! My very first concealer was the Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage, so I was interested in trying this new one from the brand.

1.24 Jason Wu Beauty.jpg

Jason Wu Beauty (direct) - I was interested in trying his new makeup line. The lipstick is a little more warm than I thought but feels pretty comfortable for being a matte. The peach lip balm doesn't have a scent but is a nice balm. His collection is now available online at Target now as well as in select stores.

1.24 Swatches.jpg

@itsfi ,

I love your hauls!  Thanks for the pretty swatches!

I didnโ€™t know that JLo Beauty has a mask? I havenโ€™t seen it on the Sephora Canada website...Enjoy your new lippies and haul @itsfi ! ๐Ÿ˜

@keana1, itโ€™s a nice mask but Iโ€™m not sure I would pay $18 for it other than to try it out once. I may pick up another one during a sale though. By then my sheet mask stash should be in a much healthier state. ๐Ÿ˜† 

The JLo Beauty sheet mask is now available in Canada @itsfi ! I donโ€™t think itโ€™s worth 24 $ though ! Iโ€™ll stick mostly with Korean or other Asian ones.... So many great choices are out there waiting to be found ! ๐Ÿ’•

Yes @keana1! Thereโ€™s always a host of new sheet masks coming out of the Korean and Asian beauty spaces. Always something new!! Makes it exciting and fun but also challenging when it comes to deciding whether to stick to a tried-and-true mask or to try a newbie mask. 

I understand you completely @itsfi ! Do you have an absolute favorite sheet mask? 

The SEPHORA COLLECTION Lip Sleeping Mask Strawberry held up for somewhere up to 4 hours. I woke up after about 4 hours and the balm/mask had worn off - my lips felt soft and lightly moisturized. Temperatures are fairly mild here and it wasn't too cold last night and works for me under those conditions, but it wouldn't provide enough moisture for those with very dry lips and/or who live in areas where it is very cold. It does nicely in connection with morning masking, to prep my lips before makeup, and I can see that it would be a nice one in the warmer months as well. I plan to keep it at my desk at home for the remainder of the week to see how often I reapply throughout the day.

@quspork @Shosh85 @Samtian @CookieGirl1 

Thanks for the tag on your review, @itsfi.  

@itsfi Thank you so much for your review! Those definitely won't work for me. Not that I need them lol I got plenty I need to use up.

Yeah @Samtian, I figured. Hope your project pan is coming along! ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ Iโ€™ve lined up various items throughout the house that I want to use up - practically every table or countertop has a hand cream/lotion, lip balm and mist (or some combination of those three things) on it, all in varying degrees of usage. ๐Ÿ˜† 

@itsfi Haha same at my house.

Thanks for your review @itsfi ! Iโ€™ve had this lip mask in my loves list but Iโ€™ll be removing it, it wonโ€™t be moisturizing enough for Freezeland aka ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ ! ๐Ÿฅถโ„๏ธโ˜ƒ๏ธ

Thatโ€™s a smart decision @keana1! The Canadian winter would definitely be no match for the lip mask. ๐Ÿ˜† Good news though is that there are plenty of thicker, more emollient masks out there.

Right now Iโ€™m loving the LaNeige, BKR Paris Lip Balm ( which is very thick ) and the Tatcha Kissu Lip Mask @itsfi ! I have enough lip balms and lip masks to last until the end of 2021 ! I like to change up the flavors though Haha ! ๐Ÿ˜œ

Those are all great lip masks @keana1! ๐Ÿ˜ I hear ya about changing up lip balm / mask flavors! And about have a healthy stock of lip care! ๐Ÿคช Iโ€™m definitely planning on making a very deliberate effort to use up as much of the balms / masks that are already open. I should probably go through my stash and figure out which ones need to be decluttered too. ๐Ÿ—‘

Iโ€™m doing the same @itsfi . Iโ€™m not opening new lip masks or balms until some of them are finished. I donโ€™t need to declutter right now since Iโ€™ve decluttered last summer after purchasing makeup organizers. It feels great to have everything organized! Even my skincare is organized ! YAY ! 

@keana1, 100% agree - organized and a manageable amount. I have a few more categories of beauty products that I need to declutter and am aiming to be done in the next couple of months. ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ 

Conversation Stats
Photos232
  • BB6C9990-1C97-4A33-8DCB-4CA6987D2D8E.gif
  • 0DF08E41-E42F-49B2-9043-5D0990965964.jpeg
  • ny-75
  • STS84000.jpg
  • giphy.gif
  • tenor (2).gif
  • EL_EiRUWwAAdSgX.jpg
  • dczpkc4-6d99ed31-1f24-4325-8424-22cee89750c5.png
  • tenor (30).gif
  • bday-541