Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Haul Stars
|

So Long, 2020! โœŒ๐ŸปโœŒ๐ŸฝโœŒ๐ŸฟSparkling Fresh Starts and New Beginnings January 2021 Hauls

I think everyone can agree that 2020 was a tough year for all and one to remember. We learned about what really matters in life and to cherish the people around us.  To appreciate and thank the frontline workers who risk their lives everyday for us.  As well as how to adapt to the new norm-working from home, virtual learning for our kids, and wearing a mask out. 

I think we all canโ€™t wait for a fresh start and new beginning for the New Year and a little escape from reality.  Please share your hauls for this month and what you look forward to this New Year!  

Happy Birthday month to all the January babies! @niki172 @quspork @ohheyitscindyk@skcfan  I canโ€™t wait to see and hear from everyone. As always please remember to stay safe!

BB6C9990-1C97-4A33-8DCB-4CA6987D2D8E.gif

0DF08E41-E42F-49B2-9043-5D0990965964.jpeg

Re: So Long, 2020! โœŒ๐ŸปโœŒ๐ŸฝโœŒ๐ŸฟSparkling Fresh Starts and New Beginnings January 2021 Hauls

@missjeanie 700 omg. I can see why it jolted you. I donโ€™t think I have that many but I have lots!!

Re: So Long, 2020! โœŒ๐ŸปโœŒ๐ŸฝโœŒ๐ŸฟSparkling Fresh Starts and New Beginnings January 2021 Hauls

It's nuts @ather ... I have no need for this many.  I went on a huge sheet mask binge in 2019 and luckily it only carried over to the first quarter of 2020... now to use them! 

@missjeanie ๐Ÿ˜ฎ 700 would shock me, too! I think I'm in the 650ish range, but I refuse to do a complete count until I've decluttered some masks. ๐Ÿคฃ I can't handle the truth! 

@WinglessOne it was very sobering.  I'm now on a mission to use some up and convinced myself that unless J Lo herself is delivering it, I do not buy more masks this year lol.  Part of me thinks it the lipstick effect.  They're (for the most part) so inexpensive that it's easy to just pick them up rather than going for a pricier item?  

Way to put those Nordy Notes to good use @WinglessOne! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ Love those types of hauls! ๐Ÿ›โ™ฅ๏ธ Out of curiosity, what is/are the spotlight ingredients in the JayJun red mask?

Thanks @itsfi ! The Red Miracle mask is aimed at folks with dull aging skin. Marketing info spotlights pomegranate, ruby powder, and resveratrol, but thatโ€™s not primarily why I bought this maskโ€”and I definitely didn't buy it for its ruby powder. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Iโ€™m much more interested in its salmon egg extract and peptides (Matrixyl, Matrixyl 3000, and argireline). Pom and resveratrol are bonuses for me, as are niacinamide and 3 forms of hyaluronic acid. Allantoin and licorice root are also in the mix. 

Iโ€™m still not convinced gemstone powders do much for skin when not used as exfoliants. But for folks who love gem powders, this mask contains 3: ruby, amethyst, and diamond. 

Thank you @WinglessOne! Iโ€™m familiar with matrixyl peptides but will research argireline as I donโ€™t know much about but it soes sound vaguely familiar. Will keep an eye out for your thoughts on the mask. Iโ€™ve seen diamond and jade in masks but not amethyst or ruby, or at least not that I recall. The other ingredients look good; Iโ€™m a fan of licorice root. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

@itsfi Argireline can reduce wrinkles. It's often touted as a no-needle Botox alternative that relaxes wrinkle-creating muscles, but it doesn't work nearly as well as Botox. Being a peptide, it's also a good hydrator. 

I have (or had?) another ruby powder sheet mask, and I don't recall what it is (was?) now. Herbivore has an amethyst body scrub that surprisingly doesn't look bad, ingredients-wise... Herbivore Amethyst Body Scrub with Epsom Salt 6.6 oz/ 200 mL . I've never tried it and, at $44, probably never will unless I get a DS or very good discount. I'm usually nervous about gem powders as exfoliants because the granule edges might be sharp and jagged, which is bad for skin no matter how small the granules are. I mean, I know firsthand what my knife sharpening diamond plates can do to various types of knife steel, so... ๐Ÿ˜ฌ In a sheet mask serum, those powders are probably fine if I don't rub/massage the serum. 

@WinglessOne ,

I love that you included your Hourglass swatches!  They are so helpful! 

The MAC highlighter is to die for, and too beautiful to use!

Thank you @tsavorite ! 

Lovely haul @WinglessOne ! Happy masking and the MAC Lunar New Year highlighter is stunning, I understand why you might not want to use it ! Enjoy! 

Thank you @keana1 !

Ooo Euphoric Fusion looks magnificent on your skin! Love how warm and slightly berry it is @WinglessOne 

Thank you @Guessgal ! ๐Ÿ˜Š I won the Hourglass blush pigment lottery with Euphoric Fusion: there's so much more blush in the pan than AL strobe powder, the blush color really comes through without being drowned out by the strobe powder. 

@WinglessOne Love hair care products.  Enjoy your goodies. 

Thanks @tjffc !

Great new hair products, @WinglessOne! I should try the Aquis waffle turban.

@curlychiquita the @Aquis hair towels are my favorite! they've totally helped me cut down on breakage and reduce the frizz!

New year, new hair with AQUIS @curlychiquita ๐Ÿ˜Š

Thanks @curlychiquita ! I'm a longtime fan of Aquis waffle towels for long hair, but of course the turban's much easier to deal with when you wanna keep your wet/damp hair up while multitasking. The waffle texture is great at gently drying curly hair. 

Thank you for the love @WinglessOne we're here for you and your hair โ™ฅ๏ธ

Conversation Stats
Photos232
  • BB6C9990-1C97-4A33-8DCB-4CA6987D2D8E.gif
  • 0DF08E41-E42F-49B2-9043-5D0990965964.jpeg
  • ny-75
  • STS84000.jpg
  • giphy.gif
  • tenor (2).gif
  • EL_EiRUWwAAdSgX.jpg
  • dczpkc4-6d99ed31-1f24-4325-8424-22cee89750c5.png
  • tenor (30).gif