Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Haul Stars
|

So Long, 2020! โœŒ๐ŸปโœŒ๐ŸฝโœŒ๐ŸฟSparkling Fresh Starts and New Beginnings January 2021 Hauls

I think everyone can agree that 2020 was a tough year for all and one to remember. We learned about what really matters in life and to cherish the people around us.  To appreciate and thank the frontline workers who risk their lives everyday for us.  As well as how to adapt to the new norm-working from home, virtual learning for our kids, and wearing a mask out. 

I think we all canโ€™t wait for a fresh start and new beginning for the New Year and a little escape from reality.  Please share your hauls for this month and what you look forward to this New Year!  

Happy Birthday month to all the January babies! @niki172 @quspork @ohheyitscindyk@skcfan  I canโ€™t wait to see and hear from everyone. As always please remember to stay safe!

BB6C9990-1C97-4A33-8DCB-4CA6987D2D8E.gif

0DF08E41-E42F-49B2-9043-5D0990965964.jpeg

Re: So Long, 2020! โœŒ๐ŸปโœŒ๐ŸฝโœŒ๐ŸฟSparkling Fresh Starts and New Beginnings January 2021 Hauls

Amazing hauls, @itsfi!! That Jason Wu cream shadow!! The SC lippies!! Enjoy your goodies!!

Re: So Long, 2020! โœŒ๐ŸปโœŒ๐ŸฝโœŒ๐ŸฟSparkling Fresh Starts and New Beginnings January 2021 Hauls

Thank you @haleyvvvv! So many goodies being released in the new year! ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ›

@itsfi Great hauls!  Your lips are going to look amazing and your house is going to smell so good.  Enjoy!  I actually have to go to Target today so I will see what my local Target has because it shows in stock there.

@SportyGirly125, thank you! Have fun on your Target run! ๐Ÿ˜ I know you like Sweet Chef products; not sure about your local store, but the one by me was making more shelf space for the brand. 

@itsfi Target will soon carry 2 new products from Sweet Chef 

280681B9-C99C-46D0-85EF-F3EDA19E0CE9.png

@SportyGirly125, I saw those online. I didn't look to see if there was a tag/sticker for it on the shelf in my local Target, but I'm pretty sure they'll be in store - it looked like they were giving a lot more shelf space to Sweet Chef. My skin is sensitive to retinol so I'll pass on the mask (and really, I have my fair share of wash off masks to get through) but the description makes it sound promising.  

@itsfi Oh, good to know Jason Wu's line is now available! The cream shadow looks wonderful. I'll have to see if any of my local Targets have his collection in stock. Enjoy all your goodies! 

Thank you @WinglessOne! The cream shadow has worn nicely; I can see me picking up another color. Do tell if you find goodies at your local Target. It doesn't look like any of the stores in the city will be stocking the JW collection, but the Target Greatlands in a neighboring city do carry them so I could always do the order online and drive up feature if I wanted, or just order online. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

The last time I was in my Target, they seemed to be changing the layout of their skincare section - looks like they're moving Julep online but making room for Nyakio, Naturium and Bybi, and giving more shelf space to Sweet Chef. It also looked like they were looking to move around some makeup brands as well, but it was too early to tell what they were bringing in. 

@itsfiI forgot to check for her line at my Target but know they have it.

@WinglessOne I see that my local Target has it available and need to stop by anyways today.  I will try to see what they have in store.

@itsfi  Oooh, I love everything you picked up! So many lippies! I just ordered the Sephora Vanilla Lip mask and can't wait to try it! If I like it enough I may just go back and get the strawberry too - do you like how it smells?

I've never tried anything by Jason Wu, but now that it's at Target, It'll be a lot easier! I'll probably start with that "Lace & Grace" cream shadow, because it just looks so pretty! -Thanks for the swatches! 
Enjoy all your goodies!

lol! Yeah, I'm ever so slightly embarrassed at the total number of lip balms in these hauls, @Shosh85๐Ÿ˜ฏ๐Ÿ˜ฌ Even more so because I found about 6 balms tucked in various pockets in my purse. ๐Ÿ˜† The good news those is that I'm about 80-90% done with about 4 of them - that actually makes me feel better. And now we know what I'll be working on finishing next month. Ha! The Jason Wu cream eye shadow is very pretty; it dries down fairly quickly - I have some time to work with it, but not a ton. Staying power is good. 

Oops, forgot to get back to you about the clean strawberry balm @Shosh85. It's got a thin consistency and a very subtle sweet strawberry scent. I do wish the scent lingered longer. Here's a pic of the balm:

SC clean lip balm strawberry.jpg

@CookieGirl1 

@itsfi  Oh, good to know about the scent - sometimes an artificial strawberry scent can smell kinda funky. This one sounds great! I'm with @CookieGirl1 though, it does seem pretty thin to be called a lip mask. ๐Ÿค” 

@itsfi interesting that it has a thin consistency since it's marketed as a lip "mask".  

@CookieGirl1, the texture reminds me of a cross between a lip balm and a lip oil. I've used some thinner lip masks that have performed nicely, so we shall see with this one. ๐Ÿ˜

Nice makeup, @itsfi! I didn't know that the Jason Wu line was coming to Target.

Thank you @curlychiquita! ๐Ÿค— Jason Wu put out a small collection of clothes with Target a while back; oh my gosh, it might have been about a decade ago. Woah! This beauty line he put together with the founder of NYX Cosmetics. It's online now at Target; I saw that the direct site went live at or around the beginning of the year. 

@curlychiquita @I posted about the Target Jason Wu Line coming to Target a while ago 

@itsfi What's your impression of the SEPHORA COLLECTION Lip Sleeping Mask Strawberry ?  Does it actually smell/taste like a "good" strawberry?  How does it compare to other balms/lip masks?

With the recent realization that I added over 200 polishes to my collection last year, a realization that is equal parts shocking and not shocking at all, this'll be my last polish post for a good long while ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’…

IMG_20210113_172114431.jpg

December PPU *finally* arrived 

IMG_20210113_202553941.jpg

Orly: they do a subscription box for $36 each quarter for their latest collection, and at the end of December, they offered an extra $10 off. It came with all 6 holiday polishes, plus a set of pins and their cuticle oil.

IMG_20210113_203437902.jpg

TJMaxx: a couple of China Glaze minis

Sephora: Marc Jacobs polish from sale on sale

IMG_20210113_203157578.jpg

Ulta clearance: three Morgan Taylors plus a Young Nails chrome powder set

IMG_20210114_150509736.jpg

Polish Pick (not to be confused with Polish Pickup!):a wholesale distributor open to the public with a wide variety of discontinued polishes in stock. It's a bit of a treasure hunt if you've got some time to peruse their site. These were all $3-4.50 a piece!

IMG_20210107_010030914.jpg

And last but certainly not least, a couple of late-arriving Christmas gifts โœจ๐Ÿ˜

Conversation Stats
Photos235
  • BB6C9990-1C97-4A33-8DCB-4CA6987D2D8E.gif
  • 0DF08E41-E42F-49B2-9043-5D0990965964.jpeg
  • ny-75
  • STS84000.jpg
  • giphy.gif
  • tenor (2).gif
  • EL_EiRUWwAAdSgX.jpg
  • dczpkc4-6d99ed31-1f24-4325-8424-22cee89750c5.png
  • tenor (30).gif
  • bday-541