Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Haul Stars
|

So Long, 2020! โœŒ๐ŸปโœŒ๐ŸฝโœŒ๐ŸฟSparkling Fresh Starts and New Beginnings January 2021 Hauls

I think everyone can agree that 2020 was a tough year for all and one to remember. We learned about what really matters in life and to cherish the people around us.  To appreciate and thank the frontline workers who risk their lives everyday for us.  As well as how to adapt to the new norm-working from home, virtual learning for our kids, and wearing a mask out. 

I think we all canโ€™t wait for a fresh start and new beginning for the New Year and a little escape from reality.  Please share your hauls for this month and what you look forward to this New Year!  

Happy Birthday month to all the January babies! @niki172 @quspork @ohheyitscindyk@skcfan  I canโ€™t wait to see and hear from everyone. As always please remember to stay safe!

BB6C9990-1C97-4A33-8DCB-4CA6987D2D8E.gif

0DF08E41-E42F-49B2-9043-5D0990965964.jpeg

Re: So Long, 2020! โœŒ๐ŸปโœŒ๐ŸฝโœŒ๐ŸฟSparkling Fresh Starts and New Beginnings January 2021 Hauls

Nice haul @AznAngelLiz! That PMG palette is so pretty๐Ÿ’–

Re: So Long, 2020! โœŒ๐ŸปโœŒ๐ŸฝโœŒ๐ŸฟSparkling Fresh Starts and New Beginnings January 2021 Hauls

Great haul @AznAngelLiz! Those palettes are so pretty! ๐Ÿ˜

Gorgeous @AznAngelLiz !

This is the first time Iโ€™ve ordered direct from Jouer. 

I'm not usually a sucker for packaging/casing, but I love the blush duo's design.I'm not usually a sucker for packaging/casing, but I love the blush duo's design.hauls2021-jan21-1.jpeg
Details & swatches: 
Spoiler
Soft Focus Hydrate + Set Powder, Tres Translucent - after reading the ingredients list, I decided to order it. Iโ€™ll test it against my favorite setting powder, By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra-Powderโ€”and for fairness, I should use By Terry's new pressed version instead of the loose version. 

Soft Focus Hydrate + Set Powder, Tan - itโ€™s a setting powder, but I bought it to test against another By Terry product I love, the Terrybly Densiliss Compact which is a powder foundation. My comparison swatches surprised me: in the pan, this Jouer powder looks warmer and deeper than the By Terry powder, but it doesnโ€™t look that way on my arm. (Arm swatches are in the blush swatch photo further down.) 

hauls2021-jan21-3.jpegI'm surprised Amber Beige looks so light by comparison.I'm surprised Amber Beige looks so light by comparison.
I buffed it on my whole face with a powder brush for a quick complexion test. As I expected, itโ€™s not as pigmented as the By Terry powder foundation. But I could tell it was on my face: it got slightly white-casty on my large hyperpigmented areas. 5 minutes later, it had melted into my skin and adapted better to my skin tones. I need to try it again in daylight but, for now, I think this will be a very nice brightening powder. It didnโ€™t cake on me at all. It feels buttery, almost like a creamy powder eyeshadow, in the pan. Buffing and blending it onto my skin was very easy. And it blurred the large pores in my oily zone. 

Essential High Coverage Concealer Pen, Rich Ginger - this is the 3rd shade of this concealer Iโ€™ve tried. ๐Ÿ˜„ Ginger wound up being too light and pink-toned a shade. Rich Ginger is described as gold undertoned, which normally wouldnโ€™t work on me but might just be the best complimentary brightening shade for Dark Ochre. We shall see! 

Blush Bouquet Dual Blush Palette, Passion - these 2 shades are gorgeous. I wonder how theyโ€™ll perform compared to my favorite powder blushes. I hope they do well, because the orange shimmer shade is fantastic. For comparison's sake, I pulled out NARS Taj Mahal, another orange shimmer powder blush. 

Top: NARS Taj Mahal. Bottom: Jouer Cherish Me and Treasure Me.Top: NARS Taj Mahal. Bottom: Jouer Cherish Me and Treasure Me.This photo does a bad job of showing off the Jouer blush duo layered as a single swatch. Also, the By Terry powder foundation is such a good match for me, you can barely see it on my arm. :DThis photo does a bad job of showing off the Jouer blush duo layered as a single swatch. Also, the By Terry powder foundation is such a good match for me, you can barely see it on my arm. ๐Ÿ˜„
Samples - hand sanitizer wipe and concealer pen sampler. 

@WinglessOne  Wow that packaging is gorgeous!! I love the colours of the blush too!

Thank you @ather !

I love Jouer @WinglessOne , your haul is beautiful ! Enjoy ! 

Thanks @keana1 !

Awesome haul @WinglessOne .

Thanks @Loretta55 !

Hmmmm @WinglessOne the Soft Focus sounds like something I might need to try. Reminds me (in theory) of Beccaโ€™s Hydrating Mist. Interesting how it seemed to disappear into your skin after the initial spotty white cast. 

@eshoe  You mean BECCA Cosmetics Hydra-Mist Set & Refresh Powder ? I used to like that one, until I discovered firsthand that it loses its "hydra-mist" effect after a few months. The Jouer translucent and tinted powders and By Terry pressed and loose powders all contain hyaluronic acid (sodium hyaluronate). The Jouer powders also contain vitamin E and allantoin, and their translucent powder contains extra goodies like green tea, ferulic acid, and licorice root. I doubt skin really gets much benefit from good ingredients included in makeup, (except for hyaluronic acid in makeup, which does seem to make a difference on my skin), but I'm impressed by Jouer's translucent powder ingredients list. 

If you try one of the Jouer powders, I hope it works for you! As an added incentive, Jouer direct offers 20% off your first order with them if you sign up for their mailing list. 

@WinglessOne @eshoe  is the becca the one that felt almost wet when you applied it to your face? I remember using a powder in the early 2000 and it was a loose powder but felt wet when applied. I also remember my nephew dumping my whole container on the floor. Lol

When I first ripened it, it did @ather! Canโ€™t remember how long it lasted, but the cooling sensation seemed to disappear much soon than I would have expected. 

Oh noooooo, also! You poor thing, I might have cried ๐Ÿ˜ญ On the plus side, I bet he had a ball....all of that powder flying everywhere!

Yes I noticed that about the Becca, @WinglessOne - which is why I didnโ€™t buy a FS after finishing my DS. Probably not the best reason, but it was one of the reasons I really like it! I might try the Jouer, the ingredients sound good and yes to more HA on my skin! Also, thank you for the tip about signing up;)

Great haul @WinglessOne , I love Jouer also. So silky. (They used to have best tinted moisturizer, wish they still did!) Bet blush is so nice on you. 

That packaging is beautiful @WinglessOne!

The colors in the blush palette are gorgeous, @WinglessOne!

Beautiful hauls, @WinglessOne !! That blush duo (especially treasure me) is SO pretty!! Enjoy!!

@WinglessOne I love Jouer's packaging!  And that blush duo is going to look fabulous on you with your skintone :).

Conversation Stats
Photos232
  • BB6C9990-1C97-4A33-8DCB-4CA6987D2D8E.gif
  • 0DF08E41-E42F-49B2-9043-5D0990965964.jpeg
  • ny-75
  • STS84000.jpg
  • giphy.gif
  • tenor (2).gif
  • EL_EiRUWwAAdSgX.jpg
  • dczpkc4-6d99ed31-1f24-4325-8424-22cee89750c5.png
  • tenor (30).gif
  • bday-541