Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Haul Stars
|

So Long, 2020! โœŒ๐ŸปโœŒ๐ŸฝโœŒ๐ŸฟSparkling Fresh Starts and New Beginnings January 2021 Hauls

I think everyone can agree that 2020 was a tough year for all and one to remember. We learned about what really matters in life and to cherish the people around us.  To appreciate and thank the frontline workers who risk their lives everyday for us.  As well as how to adapt to the new norm-working from home, virtual learning for our kids, and wearing a mask out. 

I think we all canโ€™t wait for a fresh start and new beginning for the New Year and a little escape from reality.  Please share your hauls for this month and what you look forward to this New Year!  

Happy Birthday month to all the January babies! @niki172 @quspork @ohheyitscindyk@skcfan  I canโ€™t wait to see and hear from everyone. As always please remember to stay safe!

BB6C9990-1C97-4A33-8DCB-4CA6987D2D8E.gif

0DF08E41-E42F-49B2-9043-5D0990965964.jpeg

Re: So Long, 2020! โœŒ๐ŸปโœŒ๐ŸฝโœŒ๐ŸฟSparkling Fresh Starts and New Beginnings January 2021 Hauls

@Shosh85, it was one I already had - one from Dermal. I also think that the Shangpree sheet masks have that as an ingredient, is that right? Or am I making it up? If it does, I have a couple of those sheet masks. Iโ€™ll wait to hear your thoughts on the salmon masks you picked up - I trust your take on these things. It also means that I stick to my sheet mask no/low buy for a little longer. Hahaha! I want to get through just a handful more sheet masks first. Okay, maybe thatโ€™s a large handful... ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

Re: So Long, 2020! โœŒ๐ŸปโœŒ๐ŸฝโœŒ๐ŸฟSparkling Fresh Starts and New Beginnings January 2021 Hauls

@itsfi  I'm not too familiar with the Shangpree brand, but the couple of masks I just looked up certainly had some unique ingredients I haven't seen before! I think I remember you posting a review on one of the Marine ones? 

@Shosh85, Iโ€™ve used their bubble mask (not knowing it was a bubble mask - what a surprise that was ๐Ÿ˜†) and some of their skincare. I have their marine sheet mask but havenโ€™t used it (or I donโ€™t recall). Maybe @WinglessOne used one from that line?

@itsfi @Shosh85  Yep, I reviewed one of the Shangpree Marine Jewel masks... the one I keep calling "the mermaid mask"... I think it's the Hydrating variety. I also have the other 2 varieties (Nourishing, and I think the other is Illuminating) but haven't reviewed them yet. I also have one of Shangpree's bubble masks, and this reminds me I haven't used it yet. 

Now that I think about it: itsfi, are you the one who wanted to know what I thought of the Shangpree Marine Hydrogel Mist once I'd used it a few times? It's quite hydrating and surprisingly not gloopy when sprayed. (I wasn't sure what to expect from a gel-textured mist.) It's also heavily fragranced. Some folks would call it a "fresh" aqua-type scent and might not be bothered by it, but to me it's overwhelming. I use it as a body mist now; can't put it on my face without having a sneezing fit. Works well on my body, though. 

@WinglessOne, the Shangpree bubble mask is a full face mask; I think itโ€™s called โ€œsparkling maskโ€ which should have tipped me off. ๐Ÿ™„ Iโ€™m sure itโ€™s lovely; Iโ€™m just not a huge fan of the bubble mask. 

Yes, I think I did ask about the Shangpree mist. Iโ€™m not familiar with gel mists, but the not gloopy part sounds good, though Iโ€™m not terribly sure about the scent - โ€œheavily fragrancedโ€ makes me grimace. Good call on repurposing it as a body mist. I have a few mists to get through and that sounds like a great way to get through some products and hydrate the skin. 

@itsfi  Yep, the Shangpree Sparkling Mask is the one I have. I thought they had other varieties of bubble masks, but now I think I confused that with their modeling rubber masks. ๐Ÿ˜„ The last bubble mask I used, I remember very little aboutโ€”not even the brand nameโ€”which says a lot about how impressive it was(n't). I have a whole box of Shangpree's, so hopefully I like it enough to use again. (If not, I can always give them away.) 

Now that I've shifted from AM to PM showers, mists are especially useful in the morning: I just mist any dry or "not moisturized quite enough to my liking" body skin, add more lotion, and I'm done. You can also use a facial mist on your scalp, depending on what's in it and how your scalp feels that day. Hope you can get through your mists! 

@WinglessOne, Iโ€™m finding that I reached for mists more frequently when I was at work - sitting in an heavily air conditioned office with the vent right underneath my desk (or very near it) does dry out the skin so mists helped a lot. They were also nice for traveling. Iโ€™ve been using any hyaluronic acid serum that is a โ€œmehโ€ on the drier parts of my body, before applying a moisturizer. Mists will make a good substitute. Thank you!

Oh yes, Shangpree has quite a few varietals of the modeling masks. I picked up quite a few myself and learned the very valuable (and common sense) lesson to just start with one first before buying packs of different ones. ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ™„ The siblings of a former coworker loved modeling rubber masks and when I heard that, I immediately brought them into work - โ€œTa da!!! Surprise! You just won the modeling mask lottery!โ€ ๐Ÿ˜‚ Iโ€™ve cleared out some space and they go to a home where they will be loved. Win-win! ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

@itsfi  Yup, that's where I saw it ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Recent Hauls,I didn't order either of the Guerlain spring lipstick cases since I have a Lunar New Year one coming from Sephora and I didn't think they were anything special.IMG_3565[1].JPG

IMG_3596[1].JPG

Lovely haul, @Seymore3!! Everything is so pretty!! Enjoy your goodies!!

Oh, @Seymore3 , those are so pretty!   You are a winner!

@Seymore3  Holy moly, what a gorgeous haul! 

This is a gorgeous haul, @Seymore3. That Chanel blush is too pretty! 

Everything looks fabulous!! @Seymore3 

@Seymore3 Great haul of goodies.   Love the brush. 

@Seymore3 I'm curious to know. What are the colorful balls and how to use them? ๐Ÿ˜Š

giphy (17).gif

@rosegoldlovelyThe colourful balls are Guerlain Meteorites,most of these can be used as an all over powder but some of the more vibrant ones are more suited as a blush.You just swirl your brush around in them to pick up the powder.

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/meteorites-illuminating-powder-pearls-P266308

Everything is gorgeous, @Seymore3! I love the brush, and the Chanel blush and highlighting duo is beautiful.

Gorgeous haul ๐Ÿ˜

Gorgeous haul @Seymore3!๐Ÿคฉ

Absolutely stunning @Seymore3! ๐Ÿ˜ Your Guerlain lippies and meterorites are gorgeous! โ™ฅ๏ธ 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos232
  • BB6C9990-1C97-4A33-8DCB-4CA6987D2D8E.gif
  • 0DF08E41-E42F-49B2-9043-5D0990965964.jpeg
  • ny-75
  • STS84000.jpg
  • giphy.gif
  • tenor (2).gif
  • EL_EiRUWwAAdSgX.jpg
  • dczpkc4-6d99ed31-1f24-4325-8424-22cee89750c5.png
  • tenor (30).gif