Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Shopping List - What are you getting for the Beauty Insider Appreciation Event 2018

With the upcoming Beauty Insider Appreciation Event 2018 what is everyone getting??? Show me your wish list!!!

Image result for shopping gif

Image result for shopping gif

Here's the Q&A page for those who are looking?:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Customer-Support/Beauty-Insider-Appreciation-Event-2018/m-p/4114846

Re: Shopping List - What are you getting for the Beauty Insider Appreciation Event 2018

7D3AE677-DCB5-4A16-8735-E51CF2A53E37.gif

@gingerleigh  @WinglessOne

Guys, what have you done to @eshoe?? 😂

I hear you, @eshoe 😊 Mainly because I’m absolutely terrible at depotting shadows of any kind. Even after watching tutorials, I’ve crumbled, bent, cracked, and scratched every one I’ve tried, so my depotting days are long behind me. I tip my hat to those who can do it well 🎩 

Re: Shopping List - What are you getting for the Beauty Insider Appreciation Event 2018

This is not a joke, @PinkEvergreen@gingerleigh@WinglessOne (special thanks to @SchylarR!!!)

I would be kicking myself if I failed at this, hence why I will keep my experimental projects geared toward skincare.

face-mask

It's been awhile, but I remember now having some success, and nice-looking results, taking empty pans and pressing them into eyeshadows I wanted to depot -- cookie-cutter style. Lifting them out afterward with one of those long slim depotting tools. Made it look like I'd hit pan really hard in the originals.

The problem with the empty pans I used was, they were too small, so they were slightly impractical for brush use. I wouldn't mind trying that method again, after locating some empty pans that will fit in as perfectly as possible, and doing some trial runs on some things I'm ready to declutter.

@eshoe   @PinkEvergreen  @WinglessOne

@PinkEvergreen  @gingerleigh  @eshoe 

😂 Oh, I’ve broken my fair share of pressed powders. Some plastic palettes are VERY hard to depot, which is one reason why I rarely buy them anymore. I bent several pans on a palette once. I was so ticked off, I don’t remember which palette it was. I’ve purged it from my memory banks. 

The Viseart plastic palette looks like it might not give me much trouble, especially since one pan already popped loose during shipping. Looks could be deceiving, of course. I do hope they redesign this palette in the near future: stronger (and more) glue, stronger lid... maybe even make the palette magnetic. The Nars single shadows come in magnetic single pots, presumably so you can easily pop them out and drop them in a magnetic palette. Surely Viseart can magnetize their 12-pan palettes. 

@WinglessOne Have you ever tried depotting an Urban Decay single? I honestly don’t know why they make it so difficult. Depotting a single is a pretty logical thing people may want to do. But UD wants you to use their own custom trays that are built to use the holder that goes around each UD single pan. Which means you can’t mix shadows from other brands into their trays 😐

@PinkEvergreen I think the palette I had so much trouble with was an Urban Decay palette. 😄 In fact, looking at the Electric and Full Spectrum palettes’ construction is bringing some of that memory back. I think the Electric palette would be quite hard to depot, and Full Spectrum wouldn’t be worth all the trouble—if it’s even possible to depot those pans without bending them, since the pans are sunken down into the palette. Good grief. Hmm... maybe it was a Naked palette I tried to depot. 

I don’t buy many UD shadows anymore... didn’t even know they have their own blank palette. I understand why they built it that way (more efficient depotting—well, semi-depotting—and less chance of damaging the shadow) but yeah, that’s very obnoxious. SugarPill’s cardboard magnetic palettes have predefined circular holes to fit their single pans, or similarly sized pans from other brands. That’s slightly less obnoxious but still bugs me. I wanna use ALL the blank palette real estate however I want, dang it. 

I made a depotting attempt with a palette that I didn't care about too much, and I ended up bending a few of the pans out of shape. It bugged me so much that they weren't nice and neat anymore. I had hoped to consolidate my eyeshadows in large, empty magnetic palettes, but it's not that easy to get the pans out of their packaging sometimes.

@eshoe @WinglessOne

I think Viseart may be re-releasing older palettes in better packaging. That might be why some of these are on sale, and maybe the others will go on sale in the near future.

Aha, @gingerleigh, that makes sense! A few months back I picked up the ND 28 green brown at a great price, but it’s not discontinued. I wondered why that would be, maybe that had to do with the packaging as well. 

@eshoe It’s definitely nerve wracking sometimes. I depot eyeshadows so I can customize my own palettes, especially for travel. I prefer to buy single shadows instead of pre-made palettes so I can choose just the shades I want. When I travel, I hate packing 2 or 3 big palettes: I like to travel light, plus I don’t wanna risk damage to multiple palettes. 

Shadows (and blushes, bronzers, highlighters) do sometimes break during depotting. This doesn’t render the shadow completely useless though. You can even try fixing it with rubbing alcohol... there are lots of tutorials out there on how to do that. If you look closely at my depotted Viseart pan (the one that game unglued during shipping, I assume), you’ll notice 2 corners are crumbled. I won’t bother trying to fix it since over 90% of the pan isn’t broken. Anyway, if a shadow breaks while you depot it, at least it’s not the end of the world: it’s fixable. It’s just kind of a hassle to take the extra steps to fix it. 

I have tried rubbing alcohol with one of my shadows, and it fought back. I let it win after 2 attempts to save it😠 oddly enough, the plastic insert has prevented a complete fall-out.Top left; the middle 2 are in a Panning ChallengeTop left; the middle 2 are in a Panning Challenge

Oh, me too. I'm so glad I didn't have to order shampoo bottles in the same order like some people, thanks to the one-time online code. Hope your eyeshadows arrive safely too, and thanks so much for the info @WinglessOne

@gingerleigh Yah, wish me luck with those shampoo bottles. In hindsight, I should have just waited to order them in November. I reeeally hope my Natasha Denona palettes survive, especially since they’re sold out. I’ve never had a problem with them being shipped before, but I’ve never had them sent with anything heavy before 😬

Maybe they won't be like Ulta and shove everything into one oversized box. I think the Denona palettes at least come in their own protective packaging within the Sephora shipping box. Fingers crossed the people at the warehouse have the sense to ship the items separately. I hope so! @PinkEvergreen

@gingerleigh @PinkEvergreen

Ugh, I hate the way Ulta ships things so much, I try not to order online from them anymore. There are 9 Ulta stores in my city, and I’ll visit all 9 to buy things (that aren’t “online only”) instead of order them, if I have to. 😄 So far, Sephora’s done a better packing job than Ulta, so there’s definitely hope! 

@gingerleigh We only have one warehouse in Canada and they usually do a great job with packaging. I have faith in them... just not a lot of faith once the parcel leaves their shipping dock 😅

It was really hard to narrow down which already-on-sale Viseart palettes to get, but I finally convinced myself to stick mostly to the available mattes.

seph1.png

seph2.png

Then I checked my loves list one more time and saw the mesh sponge case was back in stock, as well as Infinite Beige -- on sale to boot -- the one I have is 3 yrs old. Got 3 shades of Besame that I know I will love, to talk myself out of buying some new LE Givenchy and Guerlain lippies, even though I'd probably love those too.

I love your new Viseart palettes! @gingerleigh

Great haul @gingerleigh! It's nice to see you!!! 🙂

You too! thanks! @veronika23

Awesome list @gingerleigh, the Viseart palettes are pretty! ❤️

@gingerleigh Viseart Dark Mattes on double sale is an absolute steal! (That’s my favorite palette by any brand.) And you just reminded me to visit my local Sephora stores to buy a couple of containers/cases. I didn’t include any in my online order, aside from some magnetic palettes. Anyway, nice sale shopping there! 

743 Replies
testing