Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Shopping List - What are you getting for the Beauty Insider Appreciation Event 2018

With the upcoming Beauty Insider Appreciation Event 2018 what is everyone getting??? Show me your wish list!!!

Image result for shopping gif

Image result for shopping gif

Here's the Q&A page for those who are looking?:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Customer-Support/Beauty-Insider-Appreciation-Event-2018/m-p/4114846

Re: Shopping List - What are you getting for the Beauty Insider Appreciation Event 2018

Yes, it is nice and it has a keychain with it so I can hang it too when there is no space. I  hope the UD perfume remains on sale in Nov.:) There is also some other stuff I saw on sale that weren't there on Fri. I guess I should have waited a few days before ordering 😞

Re: Shopping List - What are you getting for the Beauty Insider Appreciation Event 2018

i would be so curious to know the numbers after this sale is in the books. i know i would always put in about three or four orders, especially as others shared what they bought and gave reviews as the orders started coming in. if something got a rave from someone who had similar taste to me or it was a product i hadn't seen before i'd often give it a try based on their good word. and this time around i can't. i'd love for sephora to share their reasoning with us on this. (fat chance, i know.)

I’m scared to go back in store because I went right at opening on Friday and it was a madhouse. Preteens & teenagers everywhere (hasn’t school started yet and how can they afford to be Rouge lol) Compaing Sephora to Ulta, when Ulta releases a 20% coupon they are always one time use (I know you can “cheat” and use them once online first and then once in store). Sephora probably still wants to retain its air of luxury and keep their brands happy. It got to the point with Ulta that I rarely shopped without a coupon because they were so frequent. Additionally, because the sales last so long, online order processing slows to a snail’s pace with people placing baby orders all day. I do the same thing.

Allowing the code to be used multiple times on “online only” products would be a nice compromise...I’m waiting for one “online only” product to come back in stock, while simultaneously hoping the other one in my cart doesn’t sell out! I actually purchased less because I didn’t want to mindlessly use the one-time code like I normally do. 

Agreed @starsandbucks about seeing others list/purchases....

Agreed @starsandbucks about seeing others list/purchases. I've added aquis hair towels to my loves list due to seeing it here, in fact.😉 I'm lucky: I have 3 chances (i have 2 daughters who are both rouge) to get my list right. Already used 2 : 1. my own account for all my skincare needs. then totally forgot about pat McGrath needs (& I don't have luxury brands in- store in a 100 mile radius). my 3rd. I'm waiting for the 31st when the ND sunset comes out. Yea, Sephora missed out on ALOT of money. I'm really tempted to make the hubs get a account😋

@starsandbucks  I asked them (I think at least twice) when the BI team had the chat on BIC and they avoided my question. Probably to drive in-stores sales... Except some people don't/can't access a store. So basically they are saying that they value more in-store shoppers since they are giving them unlimited access. I don't care what they say, that's how I see it. Even though it's a sale I think they'd make more money with unlimited use online. Like you said you see what others buy or forgot something, you'll place another order... there's no incentive to do that now.

I think they are trying to clear out a lot of inventory to make room for the holiday stuff. 

I think it's a terrible idea as well-- in addition to being unfair for people who don't have access to a store or a well-stocked store, it just seems like a counter-intuitive idea as far as profits go. In the past, I'd often make several purchases throughout the sale period, including some ill-advised impulse buys. With the new rule, I thought long and hard and pared my wishlist down so that my sale haul total was within reasonable limits; Sephora won't be getting any money from me for the rest of the sale period, unlike in the past. 

@veronika23@starsandbucks, in my humble opinion, whoever decided one time online use only is an idiot. I don’t care if it is for store driven. I hate to beg to spend my money. Sephora basically just told me to take my money and spend it elsewhere. 

@blackkitty2014exactly.

Photos aren’t uploading properly. I have some serious culling to do, but if I bought everything I want:

-Becca Anti-Fatigue Under Eye Primer

-BELIF Aqua Bomb Sleeping Mask

-Bite Beauty French Press Lip Gloss in Salted Caramel and French Press

-Blithe Vital Treatment Essence for Hydrating

-Briogeo Superfoods Hair Pack

-Drunk Elephant C-Tango Eye Cream

-Fresh Seaberry Face Oil

-Hourglass Caution Mascara

-MUFE Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation

-REN Evercalm Ultra Comforting Rescue Mask

-TF Born This Way Sculpting Concealer

I've always wanted to try the Fresh Seaberry oil.  If you get it, please let us know how it is! @tastelikewater

You have a lot of great skincare and beauty items on your list @tastelikewater! Good luck narrowing the list! 

RE: Re: Shopping List - What are you getting for the Beauty Insider Appreciation Event 2018

I decided to split my skincare list in half. I have mild rosacea and sensitivity, so I shouldn’t try several new products at once. Definitely want to try the Blithe essence and Ole toner, the MUFE foundation, and the Bite glosses because they’re LE. Everything else is in my Loves list for the next sale in a few months so I don’t forget!

Great list @tastelikewater! Those Bite glosses are tempting 😄

Placed my order about 30 minutes before the discount code was supposed to be active. I’d have kept adding things to my cart if the code wasn’t active early. Even though I had a gift card to soften the total financial blow, I’m kinda glad about the one-time online discount. It’ll help curb my spending. 😄 

Final cart: 

Spoiler
3686F9A9-D858-4B77-8C9F-512D9C0AC49A.jpeg106CA04A-CC3C-4ACD-8173-D3B4572472FE.jpeg
I’m proud of myself for removing lots of lipsticks from my order, and sticking with just 2 for myself. The Pat McGrath LuxeTrance in Wrecked is a birthday gift for someone who asks “what lipstick is that” each time I wear it. 

MUFE eyeshadow in ME-216 is a backup/restock. I know I’ll hit pan on the one I already own, and probably sooner than I think. I wish Viseart Editorial Brights was on double sale, but I don’t feel bad about getting just 20% off—especially if it performs as well as Dark Mattes. I almost added Boheme to my order, but what I really need most are great-performing mattes. And I ordered 3 more of those MUFE magnetic palettes because they’re very sturdy and perfect for travel, and I can probably get all my Viseart pans into 2 of them. I prefer to buy single shadows and customize my own palettes, though I do own several brand palettes (that I’ll probably depot at some point). 
Now I’m trying not to frequently visit my 4 local Sephora stores during this sale. I’m doing one store run to grab a few things I intentionally left off my online order, and that’s it. I hope. 

Those are some beautiful shadows for transitioning into the fall season 🍁Excellent haul, @WinglessOne

This is an amazing haul! @WinglessOne

@WinglessOne  I love the shades you chose!

@WinglessOne wrote: I almost added Boheme to my order, but what I really need most are great-performing mattes. And I ordered 3 more of those MUFE magnetic palettes because they’re very sturdy and perfect for travel, and I can probably get all my Viseart pans into 2 of them.

Me too on the Boheme, word for word.

How do the Visearts fit in the MUFE palettes, do you have to depot them? Or can you just remove the plastic lid and set them in there?

@gingerleigh You have to depot the Viseart pans. I keep putting it off because depotting palettes isn’t my favorite task, but the plastic Viseart palette’s not sturdy enough (for me) to travel with. In fact, my Dark Mattes arrived with one of the pans completely unglued from the palette, so technically one pan’s already depotted. It probably won’t take much effort to pop the other 11 out. 

The MUFE XL palette will hold 6 MUFE single pans. I dropped my loose Viseart pan into one of the MUFE palettes and it looks like I can only get 8 Viseart pans in there. I really wish MUFE hadn’t redesigned their “Pro” magnetic palettes (the really big ones), otherwise I’d buy one of those for all the Viseart pans. I’m still going to depot these though. I should also see if I can find the old version of the big MUFE pro palettes anywhere else online. 

And I hope your Viseart palettes arrive intact! 🙂

69FE841E-B129-49FD-80C8-8AECF33DDBEE.jpeg

I guess I am the weird one here, but I cannot imagine depotting a new shadow palette😳 What if it breaks/crumbles/shatters? I only recently discovered this is pretty common and am floored. It sounds great but taking the first step seems terrifying to me, @WinglessOne. Is portability really the primary reason for this?

743 Replies
testing