Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Share your October Fall Hauls (2020)

October is here and so is the holiday shopping season. Share all that you haul this month with us. 
I know October will start tomorrow but that’s my birthday month so I wanted to start the haul thread for it. Happy shopping my lovelies!

1C56F085-D2DA-4044-81C6-1E3082C445A4.gif

Re: Share your October Fall Hauls (2020)

@tsavorite @danielledanielle  okay I’ve never mastered these close up shots but here’s one eye with and one without the mascara.  It of course looks better when wearing makeup;) 

73ADF7F4-64A2-420B-9D4A-9CAA7F2A9E8E.jpeg

@heartsmyface ,

I can see why you are impressed with this mascara!

@heartsmyface Welp, now I have to look for that mascara. 😄 Though if it's very stinky, that could mean it's one of the kabillion mascaras that irritate the heck outta my eyeballs. (Heh, you're not the only one who sniffs mascara.) 

@WinglessOne  Ahh yeah I can’t make any promises there.  I HOPE it doesn’t but if you’re super sensitive to multiple formulas eeeeeeee... Irritated eyes doesn’t sound like a fun time. I’d be scared to try anything new.   If it doesn’t work out it’s only in the $10 price range on Amazon and hopefully not too troublesome 😬

And haha, It's somewhat comforting to know that sniffing things is completely common.  

@heartsmyface , 😆 at your comment about the mascara The things we do for beauty 🤷🏽‍♀️😄

@danielledanielle Seriously though.  😂.  I was thinking maybe I’m odd for sniffing my mascara (And makeup in general) when I open it.  haha, it’s stinkier than most.  

Sephora F&F order: 

I even got both samples I requested this time.I even got both samples I requested this time.
Details & swatches: 
Spoiler
The Inkey List Niacinamide - my bottle of Paula’s Choice 10% Niacinamide is almost empty, so I’m trying this as a less expensive substitute. Normally my biggest daily dose of niacinamide comes from e.l.f. Hydrating Water Essence, which I use as an AM hydrating toner. But sometimes I like to add an extra shot of niacinamde at night, without using the e.l.f. toner. Looking forward to trying this one. 

The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% - I’ve been retesting the Paula’s Choice 10% Azelaic Acid Booster for about a month. It contains a bit of BHA, something I don’t like to use more than 3 times a week. The Ordinary’s azelaic acid serum contains no BHA, so I’ll start testing this next month, if my skin’s calmed down enough by then. 

Hourglass: 
  • Retractable Foundation Brush - a continuation of my “someday I’ll travel again” optimism. It has a smaller diameter than I expected, and the brush head seems pretty floppy. I need to test it with a tinted moisturizer (the reason I bought this brush) to see how it performs. 
  • Vanish Airbrush Concealer - back in the pre-pandemic time, I swatched this concealer in-store and it never dried down. I worried it’d end up sliding on my skin, even under my rockstar setting powder, so I didn’t buy it then. But for 20% off I figured eh, why not give it a shot now. I’m not sure Teak is the best shade for me and the way I use concealer. I’ll find out when my undereye skin has finished healing. 
Sephora Collection Wild Wishes Multi-Use Powders - such a cute little stack! The middle powder is very creamy, and the other 2 felt nice on my arm, though the first one felt drier than the others. These powders are safe for eyes, lips, rest of face, and body. Thanks again to @Sunnysmom  for swatching these last month! If not for her swatches, I’d never have bought this. 

Rare Beauty Lip & Cheek Set - I was going to buy a full size blush until I found this set of minis. Haven’t tried any of these on my face yet, but the cream demi-matte lipstick looked and felt nice on my arm. The balm swatch felt comfy but I’m not sold on this particular shade. The liquid blushes are… interesting. I finger-blotted half of each blush swatch and both these shades will work for me, but I’m iffy on the finish. One’s supposed to be matte and the other’s dewy, but they both feel matte to me. I’m not sure they’ll blend out as well as I’d like. I’ll find out sometime next month. 

Swatches of Rare Beauty and Sephora Wild Wishes powders.Swatches of Rare Beauty and Sephora Wild Wishes powders.
Byredo direct: 

They tossed in 2 fragrance samples, yay!They tossed in 2 fragrance samples, yay!
Details & swatches: 
Spoiler
Colour Stick in shades La Scene, Kumato, and Sauce - I know, I didn’t buy one of the blue shades, how shocking! 😄 I’m always hunting for a good bronze/copper stick that actually shows up on my eyes, so La Scene seemed like a good test candidate. The other 2 shades must’ve leapt into my cart on their own and I didn’t have the heart to kick ‘em out. Kumato will be fun to play with, especially since these are lip-safe. 

Lipstick in shades Semi-Formal and Subtropical - sure, I probably have several dupes of Semi-Formal (haha, “probably”), and Subtropical is not a shade I'd typically buy (those dang cool toned corals). I tried on Subtropical and you know what, I’m not mad at this coral. It’d be fantastic as an ombré with a darker shade at the corners of my lips. This shade's formula, though… it’s very streaky upon application, and within 10 minutes it settles hard into my lip lines. And I mean hard, like it chisels my lines. I’ll have to test it over a lip primer. I haven’t tried Semi-Formal yet, but I hope it performs better. 

3 Colour Sticks on top, 2 Lipsticks on bottom.3 Colour Sticks on top, 2 Lipsticks on bottom.

Ahhh, what a lovely Byredo haul @WinglessOne! 😍  I’ll be interested to hear how you find the staying power of the color sticks on the eyes. I’ve hesitated on picking one up because I’m not sure they’ll play nice on my lids. 🤔 

Thanks @itsfi ! Based on my hand swatches, I'm pretty sure I'll need a primer under those Colour Sticks to prevent transfer on my hooded eyes. The NARS primer might work fine; might not need something as grippy as the Smashbox 24 Hour primer, but that's my usual go-to nowadays. I'll tag you when I try these on my lids. 🙂

Oh great selections @WinglessOne ! Lovely!  We surely do enable one another don’t we?! In a good way 🤗🥰. Are your Byredo lips matte or satin? I like the satin better. My matte is def firmer tho I love the color so I’m letting it go. The multi sticks are interesting too aren’t they?! I don’t they’ll last too long but I do like colors. At least mine doesn’t on its own. What you think of the Rare B balm stick. I can not handle the taste/ smell! Just me? I had to return it even it bugged me so much. Maybe my sniffer is wonky. ( Having same issue w new Ilia eyeshadow creme. Love look not smell! Wondered if you’d gotten or smelled them!) 

@Sunnysmom Hooray for great enabling! ❤️ 

Both my Byredo lipsticks are satins. I'm wearing Semi-Formal now and it performs much better: no streaks, easy opaque coverage, and no line chiseling. Semi-Formal's not as emollient as Subtropical, but it's nowhere near uncomfy. It does have a smell-taste... kinda citrusy. It's not strong but it did interfere with the first cup of coffee I drank while wearing this lipstick. Still not as bad or obnoxious a smaste as the typical YSL lipstick, so I can deal with it. 😂 

I have to wait for my skin to finish healing before I can try the Colour Sticks on my eyes. I want to try them with and without a primer. And yeah, the Rare Beauty balm does have a stronger scent than I expected! I haven't tried it on my lips yet. I wasn't even interested in the balms: I just wanted to try to blushes and liquid/cream/mousse/whatever lipstick, so the balm in this mini kit was a bonus. If the balm's smaste was bad enough for you to return, that does not bode well for me. I'll have to try it on sometime this week. 

Smaste @WinglessOne! That’s awesome never heard that! It can be so off putting grr. 
Isn’t the Byredo an interesting one? It doesn’t bug me too badly so far unlike so many others that’s for sure. I’m sure you have the old first line Gucci lipsticks? They were just awful to me! Like nasty chocolate spoiled and lord knows I love chocolate 😂. And I still have some. Oh well. I love love the new ones tho. These babies are pigmented. Do you have them also did you say? My favs are Louisa, Myra, Maggie and Madge. Good girl reds. Lol. But all blue deep ones. U prob like Goldie etc more if warmer unless u have her. Sad YSL ones. I always want to love them but don’t. Used to not mind. 
I hope you can do the multi sticks! I’ll have to try a primer also if it doesn’t change it too much. Tricky. Oof that balm. I just can’t. It may not bug you. You have to let me know once you do wear it more. I do love the satin blush tho. Haven’t tried matte. I need a dot of healthy shimmer in these old cheeks anymore. Lol. The Illuminating primer is lovely tho! Nice smell and so pretty! Was that in your kit too? Hope so! Let me know if you try the Ilia new tube shadow- colors so nice, but that original smell...😕😖

@WinglessOne As always, great haul!  Exquisite taste and I love the lip color.  Gorgeous colors.

Thank you @tjffc !

Loving the subtropical shade! Great haul @WinglessOne 

Thanks @lmaster ! 

@WinglessOne  Ahhh oh no.  Sorry that lippy is misbehaving on you!  It could have had so much potential!  I’m wondering how well it mixes with gloss and if it would still settle with a little moisture added- cause I’m stubborn and need things to work.  It’s extra frustrating cause they’re in such beautiful packaging with the little sachets yet they don’t perform perfectly on their own.  

@heartsmyface  Right? I want that shade to look as good on my lips as it does in its packaging, dang it! Thanks for reminding me to try it with gloss. Fenty Gloss Bomb is my usual "if this doesn't fix it, nothing will" solution for misbehaving lipsticks. 😄 We'll see what happens! 

These are some great shades from Byredo, @WinglessOne. Kumato looks gorgeous. 

Thank you @quspork !

The Byredo colors are stunning, @WinglessOne! Sorry to hear that one is so dry, though. I'm going to buy some Concealer next sale because my masks draw attention to the dark circles I have under my eyes. I also hate buying without being able to swatch. I hope the Hourglass color works for you.

Conversation Stats
Photos463
  • 1C56F085-D2DA-4044-81C6-1E3082C445A4.gif
  • 360964-October-Gif-Leaves
  • A85AFCC0-FFF4-4D86-8B0C-B761E555E08B.gif
  • 2DCB6C0A-7D6A-4F0D-955B-40D1E33F90F2.jpeg
  • greeneyedgirl107_0-1601512238129.jpeg
  • greeneyedgirl107_1-1601512266165.jpeg
  • greeneyedgirl107_2-1601512329868.jpeg
  • greeneyedgirl107_3-1601512413466.jpeg
  • C36D76C0-CD2F-4F2F-9CF3-CE1057E9637B.gif
  • B462EC3A-2312-4B68-9740-73FB894751B4.gif