Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Share your October Fall Hauls (2020)

October is here and so is the holiday shopping season. Share all that you haul this month with us. 
I know October will start tomorrow but that’s my birthday month so I wanted to start the haul thread for it. Happy shopping my lovelies!

1C56F085-D2DA-4044-81C6-1E3082C445A4.gif

Re: Share your October Fall Hauls (2020)

@sydtomato  Yes that baby one palette so gorgeous 😍

@sydtomato  You just reminded me to add an ILIA lip oil to my holiday sale cart. Also, thanks for the mini review of the Lawless palette! A friend's looking for easy-to-use palettes to gift to a few teen relatives and I wondered about this one. Enjoy all your goodies! (Even the Bite balm, which hopefully you'll warm up to.) 

@WinglessOne  I have the mini one palette as well and it is such a great palette with more neutral colours! I pretty much use it daily! LAWLESS Mini The Little One Talc-Free Eyeshadow Palette judt in case you want to mix it up!

Thanks @ather , that's great to know! I'll pass that info along to my friend. 👍

Beautiful haul @sydtomato  

@sydtomato nice! sorry to hear the bite beauty was only average - I've been wondering about it!

Finally here!IMG_2890[1].JPG

122238516_10157468528336752_175804785721505408_o.jpg

@Seymore3 Enjoy your PMG palette.  

Yay, such a pretty palette, @Seymore3!

@Seymore3  So pretty!!!

@Seymore3  Yay! I hope you enjoy it! 

It is so pretty! I hardly reach for larger palettes it it’s just irresistible @Seymore3 

So so so pretty!! @Seymore3 

@Seymore3 @Great haul. Enjoy your PMG palette

Linda Hallberg direct: 

The fun thing about decluttering eyeliners is gaining room to add new (and hopefully better) ones.The fun thing about decluttering eyeliners is gaining room to add new (and hopefully better) ones.
Notes and swatches: 
Spoiler
These are LH’s Crayons from the Flash and Mood color ranges. I’ll use them primarily as eyeliners. These all felt very creamy on my hand, even the yellow one. Do you know how near-impossible it is to find a yellow eyeliner that performs well? My decades-long search might finally be over. 

Also, I’m loving the subtly sparkly olive-mossy Vega shade. I don’t have anything exactly like it, so I’ll be happy to test it soon. 

37E232B9-030A-4E95-A8D1-6D35B40FC23B_1_201_a.jpeg
Catkin, because I got a little carried away on Prime Day: 

Satin bullets, a matte bullet, and glosses.Satin bullets, a matte bullet, and glosses.
Notes and swatches: 
Spoiler
Okay so, I’ve stalked Catkin’s lipsticks (via their site and, more recently, Amazon) for a loooong time. All those times I’ve said “pretty packaging doesn’t make me buy things” are moot when it comes to Catkin. I mean: 

Just... look at it. (This is a Summer Palace bullet. The other bullets are also carved, except the shimmery Rouge Matte one.)Just... look at it. (This is a Summer Palace bullet. The other bullets are also carved, except the shimmery Rouge Matte one.)
While browsing Prime Day deals, I saw some Dreamworld Carving satin lipsticks on sale; those are the bullets in the white cases. I added 3 to cart. Then I noticed some glosses on sale, so I grabbed those, too. Then I picked one Rouge Matte bullet in a subtly sparkly shade. Aaaand while I was at it, I dropped the the Summer Palace lipstick trio to my cart. It comes in a beautiful gift box: 

I'll find another use for this box.I'll find another use for this box.
I have never worn a Catkin lipstick before. Well, aside from a quick one-hour test of one of the Summer Palace shades (the one in the yellow case), which is exactly the kind of warm brick red I swoon for. Felt very comfy, too, like a demi-matte. 

E75A68E0-546E-404F-8F28-1DFEA412A948_1_201_a.jpeg

Arm swatches: 

Eh, maybe I'll come back later and label all the shade names. But I lined up the bullets in swatch order. Glosses are also in swatch order (the first column of swatches).Eh, maybe I'll come back later and label all the shade names. But I lined up the bullets in swatch order. Glosses are also in swatch order (the first column of swatches).
Ulta: 
Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer. I shall name him Calcifer.Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer. I shall name him Calcifer.
"But you hate hair dryers!" Well... 
Spoiler
True, I don’t normally use hair dryers for various reasons. But also, I don’t wanna go out in the cold with wet hair this fall and winter. I’ve used someone else’s Supersonic before, so I’m familiar with how it works and how quickly it gets the job done. That’s why I decided to gift one last year and finally get myself one this year. 

Actually I was gonna wait til December to buy this for myself, so I could get my bonus birthday month points. But I wasn’t sure if there’d be another Dyson-eligible 20% coupon by then. Besides, I planned to redeem the max amount of points possible in a single transaction for this purchase. So I wound up getting quite the deal on this. Not as good a deal as I got when I bought one for a relative last December (bonus points + 20% off + Rakuten cash back + an Ulta points multiplier + using some of my banked points = dang, that transaction should’ve been illegal 🤣), but still very nice! 

Oh, and this one came with a very soft velour storage bag for attachments, oh la la: 

And of course I didn't brush all the lint off it before taking this photo, because that would be sensible.And of course I didn't brush all the lint off it before taking this photo, because that would be sensible.

Calcifer is home now, together with some pretty lippies! Nice haul @WinglessOne😁

Thanks @itsfi !

Hey @WinglessOne and anyone, did you get this Catkin promo? 

5D7C18FE-1B23-4277-8D02-740D19F703EE.jpeg

Know we just purchased but for any next wanted stuff maybe . Lol. 

@Sunnysmom  No, but I'm back at their site now! 🤣 This may come in handy for gift shopping, and I do kinda wanna try one of their brow pencils... the one that actually looks soft charcoal instead of dark brown. Kimiko is my gold standard for brow pencils, but I wanna see how Catkin measures up. 

Also, this reminds me that Catkin's "new arrivals" and "best sellers" promo photos are slightly frustrating and rather misleading, since nothing in their collection looks like the makeup in those photos. WHERE IS THE PURPLE LIPSTICK, CATKIN. 🤦‍♀️ Their aesthetic is softer than those photos depict. Colorful, sure, but in a much softer way, which isn't a bad thing and I wish Catkin would be more consistent about representing their line. 

Oh no @WinglessOne ! I was curious about the blush highlighter thing! Lol let me know if you try eyebrow , that color is prob what I need also. Great. Now I have to look at Kimiko 🤣. You are absolutely right about the pics! What in the world. 😖 I did ask her in an email, when I had a damaged lipstick to deal with, about wanting other shades etc and she didn’t answer me on that specific question ! Shocker. I find the website to be a pain personally. Lol. Can only imagine your feelings bec you live it daily right?! So do we also love their ingredients btw?! They r all ok? 😳🤓 So hope so at this point with all we have! 🤦🏻‍♀️

@Sunnysmom  Oh man, Catkin's site drives me nuts. Makes me want to completely redesign it for them—at the very least, redo their info hierarchy and nav scheme so folks can easily find all their products after leaving the homepage. Argh. It's easier for me to shop from Amazon. 🤦‍♀️ Anyway, I don't have a major problem with the ingredients as listed at Amazon (Catkin doesn't list any at their own site)—though the contents of the jelly gloss are a mystery: can't find those ingredients. As long as it doesn't smell like a mint, camphor, or cinnamon bomb, or something rancid, it's probably fine. 😂 

I'm not surprised you got no answer about other lipstick shades, but I hope something less classic/conventional gets released someday! I mean, purple's not that unconventional... they could do fuchsia or a grape jam color, or an "orchid" purple shade. Eh, a girl can dream! 

Oh, and about Kimiko: that brow pencil's drier than most on the market, so some folks might not like it. It's not impossible to work with—in fact, it's perfect for the way I fill my brows (I don't outline my brows first; actually I don't outline them at all). But it's not as creamy soft as, say, Benefit Precisely My Brow Pencil. And the shade Black Tea is my perfect brow color match. I restock that pencil 2 or 3 at a time. 

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos463
  • 1C56F085-D2DA-4044-81C6-1E3082C445A4.gif
  • 360964-October-Gif-Leaves
  • A85AFCC0-FFF4-4D86-8B0C-B761E555E08B.gif
  • 2DCB6C0A-7D6A-4F0D-955B-40D1E33F90F2.jpeg
  • greeneyedgirl107_0-1601512238129.jpeg
  • greeneyedgirl107_1-1601512266165.jpeg
  • greeneyedgirl107_2-1601512329868.jpeg
  • greeneyedgirl107_3-1601512413466.jpeg
  • C36D76C0-CD2F-4F2F-9CF3-CE1057E9637B.gif