Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Sephora Savings Event 2023 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

Sephora Savings Event 2023Sephora Savings Event 2023

Fire up that Loves list, grab your beauty besties, and prepare to share all your product faves: the Sephora Savings Event is coming! Here in the Beauty Insider Community, we believe that it’s never too early to start building that basket, and if you’re looking for some shopping inspiration, you’ve come to the ultimate place! 🤩

You can think of this thread as your resource for getting – and giving! – unbiased shopping advice for shopping this epic event. Maybe you’re looking to scoop up a few skincare steals, need some new haircare recs, or want feedback on all the makeup must-haves that have been trending on social – it’s all fair game! Show off your shopping haul, get help making those hard purchase decisions… and don’t forget to come back to share all your unboxings, swatches, and more! 🛍

If you’re Rouge like us, you can shop in-store or online starting Friday, 4/14 with a 20% discount with the code SAVENOW. If you’re VIB, you get 15% off starting Tuesday, 4/18, and if you’re an Insider, you can get 10% off starting Tuesday, 4/18. And of course, don’t forget 30% off Sephora Collection all promo long, 4/14-4/24! Find out more about the Sephora Savings Event on our FAQ thread here:Sephora Savings Event 2023 FAQs 

Reply below and let us know: What products are you eyeing to buy during the Sephora Savings Event? Be sure to tag any products you mention using the “#” sign!

Re: Sephora Savings Event 2023 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

@wildkat95 @CookieGirl1  I haven’t tried them either.  I wonder if they’re more buttery oily or serumy… The curiosity gets to me which is why I keep buying lip products. 

@heartsmyface @wildkat95 I've actually tried one and I think I'm in the minority but I don't really like them.  I prefer a slightly thicker balm because I have dry lips and I like my lip products to stick around for a bit.  The Summer Fridays formula is a little thinner and not quite hydrating enough for my personal preference.

How is this such a great sale when I’m only getting 10% off as an insider? That is a mediocre sale.. other brands offer 10% off all of the time. 

it’s because you ARE an insider. you barely need any points to be an insider so it’s not fair to them to give you such a great sale, when you’ve barely spent any money there. once you rack up your points, you’ll get better offers. you need 1000 points to be rogue, and i think 500 for VIB. anything below is an insider im pretty sure, which is less than $500, since you get 1 point for every dollar you spend. 

fr

In my basket:

Fenty Lipstick -The MVP

Olaplex Lash Serum

Marroccanoil Hand-lotion 

cant wait!

@Steffit26  Oh I didn’t know olaplex had a lash serum.  Off now to investigate the ingredients:) 

its because it just cane out last Friday 

Please don’t buy Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Fenty Icon Velvet Liquid Lipstick  version @Steffit26. It smeared badly on me.

@Loretta55  Thanks:). That packaging reminds me of the old urban decay lip glosses. 

I need to restock on my skincare…even though lately they’ve been out of stock of my Fenty Skin. I’m hearing Rare Beauty Lip Oil is 🔥 so I need try it out!! 💜 When I have said a thousand one times I don’t need anymore lippies. 😂 Oh well! Hell to LipsForeverEva!!! #fentyskin #rarebeauty #lipoil

I have the same problem @ShayGemini. I recommend Clarins Lip Comfort Hydrating Oil . I find it more pigmented than Christian Dior which you did not mention.

I have the Clarins Lip Comfort Hydrating Oil Cherry on my wish list, @Loretta55! Still deciding on it for the sale only because I have so many items on my wish list.

I really like it @curlychiquita . If you decide to purchase it, I am sure that you will like it.

@Loretta55  The clarins lip oils are awesome!  agreed they’re better tinters than the Dior.  (And they taste better too). 

Love your selections @Cocodogsmom 

Augustinus Bader The Cream with TFC8® Face Moisturizer sounds excellent 👌 and this sale is great opportunity to get it for a fab deal 😉

Can anyone recommend the best shampoo and conditioner for thin fine straight hair?

I love Ouai myself...they have a shampoo and conditioner for thin and medium hair. I use the detox shampoo and medium hair conditioner myself. 

@UpRhyzen im in the thin & fine hair club with you. I’ve had great results with Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Shampoo 32 oz / 1 L  & Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Conditioner 32 oz / 1 L  I wash my hair every other day. 🙂 if you have points there’s a great sample set that lets you try all the products (that was my gateway) Good luck w/ your hair.  

Hi, @UpRhyzen !  I love Verb Ghost Weightless Shampoo and Verb Ghost Weightless Conditioner for my fine, thin hair.  If you live near a Sephora or Sephora inside Kohl's, stop by for samples before the sale to see if you like the products. 💖💖💖

1,120 Replies
testing