Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Sephora Savings Event 2023 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

Sephora Savings Event 2023Sephora Savings Event 2023

Fire up that Loves list, grab your beauty besties, and prepare to share all your product faves: the Sephora Savings Event is coming! Here in the Beauty Insider Community, we believe that it’s never too early to start building that basket, and if you’re looking for some shopping inspiration, you’ve come to the ultimate place! 🤩

You can think of this thread as your resource for getting – and giving! – unbiased shopping advice for shopping this epic event. Maybe you’re looking to scoop up a few skincare steals, need some new haircare recs, or want feedback on all the makeup must-haves that have been trending on social – it’s all fair game! Show off your shopping haul, get help making those hard purchase decisions… and don’t forget to come back to share all your unboxings, swatches, and more! 🛍

If you’re Rouge like us, you can shop in-store or online starting Friday, 4/14 with a 20% discount with the code SAVENOW. If you’re VIB, you get 15% off starting Tuesday, 4/18, and if you’re an Insider, you can get 10% off starting Tuesday, 4/18. And of course, don’t forget 30% off Sephora Collection all promo long, 4/14-4/24! Find out more about the Sephora Savings Event on our FAQ thread here:Sephora Savings Event 2023 FAQs 

Reply below and let us know: What products are you eyeing to buy during the Sephora Savings Event? Be sure to tag any products you mention using the “#” sign!

Re: Sephora Savings Event 2023 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

I have so much #Glow Recipe products and love almost everything they come out with. I also have a few #tatcha products and they've been working really well with my skin, especially the Tatcha Dewy Cleanse + Hydrate 

20230322_145633.jpg

20230322_145800.jpg

What beautiful collections @ShamicaSinclair ! It’s the best when you find a line that works so well for you! 💞

Oooooh I love it all @ShamicaSinclair 

Your collection is fabulous! 

Have you seen the Glow Recipie Skin Care Vault? I bought it last year, it was soooo awesome 👌😍 if your big into GR is defintley fun to look at 😉

Tatcha I've never tried but it's on my wants list for sure. It looks beautiful 💜🩵

These are fantastic skincare collections, @ShamicaSinclair!

You can't go wrong with Sol de Janeiro scents, @emmalols!

@emmalols definitely some cult classics there!

@emmalols  Both awesome choices!

I am definitely refilling my Summer Fridays Sheer Skin Tint with Hyaluronic Acid + Squalane Shade 2 now that I’ve discovered I do not actually like foundation.

I also hope to get another Hourglass Voyeur Waterproof Gel Eyeliner Solstice  (my 3rd!)

Looking for recommendations for a good shampoo & conditioner - only sulfate-free.  Anything worth the splurge?

Good to know on the SF Skintint @coop622 , I need to check that one out. I love love the HG liner in Solstice! Good list! 

@Sunnysmom , Angie from Hot & Flashy reviewed the SF Skin Tint and she could not get it to work for her no matter how she prepped her skin. I find her reviews very helpful.

Thanks @Loretta55 , I’ll have to check her out. I have to say I did feel it yesterday and it felt and looked really good. I find WA’s and some others to be a bit too much and this seemed to be a very pretty natural alternative! 

Her recommendations have been spot on for me @Sunnysmom . She got me to try Dior Dior Forever Matte Foundation SPF 15 and I just finished the bottle. I hope that it will be a repurchase in the future because I really want to use what I have in my stash even if I don’t like it as much.

I love that @Loretta55 ! It’s the best feeling to find products that work so well and to align so nicely with her recommendations too! 🥰

If you haven’t already tried; go with the BondiBoost Hair Thickening Therapy Volumizing Shampoo 16.9 oz / 500 mL. I’ve been using it for the last 4-5 months and my hair is soft, thick, voluminous. Plus it makes your hair grow a lot faster. Good price point too. Definitely worth a try! 

@coop622  The SF tint is also my fav and I will be grabbing a new bottle. I’m super curious about #Saie Glowy Super Skin Lightweight Hydrobounce™ Serum Foundation 17  but like you. I’m not into foundation anymore so I think a medium coverage would feel to much. 

For a shampoo that’s Sulphate free my fav is Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair!™ Super Moisture Shampoo for Damaged Hair 33.8 oz/ 1000 mL  there’s a whole line that’s amazing. It’s really helped my hair feel healthier and I’ve gotten more length now than I ever did before! 

@ather @coop622 inserting myself lightly here I hope! 🙃☺️) Same with me, can’t do anything even medium in weight. Have you seen the new tarte Maracuja Juicy Glow Skin Tint ?! It feels so nice and lightweight and the glow it gives seems so pretty. Swatched it in store yesterday and was really impressed! I need to try the SFriday you guys love. 

@Sunnysmom  Ooooo no I have not tried this one yet. I need too.  Do you have any favs that you can’t stop using?

@ather I do have a little list of favorites and I bet we share some of them. 😊 My favorite was this discontinued Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint w/ sunscreen and I bought a bunch at the end. Sigh. Loved it so much. Now I rotate between my other favs of Hermes Complexion Balm (it’s truly so good, slightly matte but just right) or Sisley Hydra Teint. I always mix with Supergoop! Glowscreen SPF 40 PA+++ , Wander Beauty Pack Up & Glow Priming Mineral SPF 40 1.69 oz / 50 mL or La Mer The Hydrating Illuminator 1.4 oz/ 41 mL tho I use these alone too. I also sometimes like Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter 3 - Fair and believe it or not Maybelline has this good little Perfector 4 in 1 Glow. It’s really nice! Oh, and Tower 28 Beauty SunnyDays SPF 30 Tinted Sunscreen Foundation is decent too but I never seem to reach for it these days. Do you? 

I have used Westman Atelier Vital Skincare Complexion Drops Dewy Skin Tint but I find it to be a little too much. Same with ILIA Super Serum Skin Tint SPF 40 Foundation Ora ST6 and Saie Slip Tint – Lightweight Tinted Moisturizer with Mineral Zinc SPF 35 and Hyaluronic Acid Three I think it is. Tricky. Lol 

I’m definitely going to try the Summer Fridays Sheer Skin Tint with Hyaluronic Acid + Squalane you guys love (it felt amazing yesterday!) and check out the new Saie Hydrobounce too.

Tell me your list please! 🥰

@Sunnysmom  That’s a great list!! I haven’t tried many of them. But I find getting things in Canada can be tricky! My list is Summer Fridays Sheer Skin Tint with Hyaluronic Acid + Squalane  it’s a great light sheet tint which is perfect for me! I also rotate between Tower 28 Beauty SunnyDays SPF 30 Tinted Sunscreen Foundation  and Saie Slip Tint Dewy Tinted Moisturizer Five  which I love. And Kosas Tinted Face Oil Comfy Skin Tint  another great sheer tint!

Oh rats @ather , I get that as sometimes we can’t get great stuff that you all can! I haven’t tried the Kosas yet, I need to.  Sheer tints are just the best idea for folks like us who don’t want too much coverage but need some. It’s all so tricky as of course it’s personal for what works for some and not others. I know I can mess mine up if I have another product under it that puts it over the top for too oily. Ugh.  I’m excited to try SF. Thank you! 💞

3 Replies
testing