Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Sephora Savings Event 2023 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

Sephora Savings Event 2023Sephora Savings Event 2023

Fire up that Loves list, grab your beauty besties, and prepare to share all your product faves: the Sephora Savings Event is coming! Here in the Beauty Insider Community, we believe that it’s never too early to start building that basket, and if you’re looking for some shopping inspiration, you’ve come to the ultimate place! 🤩

You can think of this thread as your resource for getting – and giving! – unbiased shopping advice for shopping this epic event. Maybe you’re looking to scoop up a few skincare steals, need some new haircare recs, or want feedback on all the makeup must-haves that have been trending on social – it’s all fair game! Show off your shopping haul, get help making those hard purchase decisions… and don’t forget to come back to share all your unboxings, swatches, and more! 🛍

If you’re Rouge like us, you can shop in-store or online starting Friday, 4/14 with a 20% discount with the code SAVENOW. If you’re VIB, you get 15% off starting Tuesday, 4/18, and if you’re an Insider, you can get 10% off starting Tuesday, 4/18. And of course, don’t forget 30% off Sephora Collection all promo long, 4/14-4/24! Find out more about the Sephora Savings Event on our FAQ thread here:Sephora Savings Event 2023 FAQs 

Reply below and let us know: What products are you eyeing to buy during the Sephora Savings Event? Be sure to tag any products you mention using the “#” sign!

Re: Sephora Savings Event 2023 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

@danielledanielle Ok a budget you say, I like the energy and wish you well on your…oohhh look new things to add to your basket 😜 That OUAI Hydrating Scalp Serum for Healthy, Fuller Looking Hair 2 oz / 60 mL has been a game changer! I love it. My whole family loves it. I need to add that to my list too. 

It's going to be a challenge @Mcakes , but if I fail, I just end up with more pretties.  But, I'm going to try.

Yes, the OUAI Hydrating Scalp Serum for Healthy, Fuller Looking Hair 2 oz / 60 mL has been great, it's lightweight and does keep my scalp hydrated.  Haven't noticed thicker hair, but I've gone through half the bottle, so clearly I like it.  Thank you @TeamBIC for the gratis, especially on this one!

@danielledanielle Everything looks fabulous. The lip gloss shades are so pretty.

@danielledanielle I love all of your blushes! Those shades will look fab on you. 

Paint it Up and 1998 look soo good in the promo photos @danielledanielle crease proof too, wow! Nice looking list here 👌fabulous choices 😄

DM Blurring Balm is pretty great, I'm very tempted to try the cheek/lip this sale but then there is the dewy palette, decisions are hard lol

@CynthieLu  Was that Dewy Pallet you were mentioning D Merrick (I'm having a 

hard time spelling her first name Sorry).

I've always been so tempted to try her Eye Foils- I think that's what they're called.  They're in a metal(?) tube & you squeeze a dab out on to a SS make up pallet & use either a brush or your finger I'm guessing.  The colours look so Beautiful, Vibrant and Bold which is what's stopped me I'm not Bold except maybe in an eyeliner when I'm taking a walk on the wild side for me. Pathetic I know. 

So when I heard you say Dewy Pallet I was super excited.

I do really want to try those foils though, I worry I'm too old & will look like someone who's desperately clinging to their youth.

I don't have a problem being 50, I just don't want too look like I'm pretending I'm still 30-35, since people think I'm in my late teens to early to mid twenties depending on my pain.

I just want too look good for my age not fight it if that makes sense.

I know this is all over the place I've had a # of Strokes & my thoughts jump all over and I just follow them. Sorry.

Thank You

@Needsmoremakeup

@NeedMRMakeup 

Danessa Myricks.

If there is a store near you, you could always see if there are in store events with the brand.  Sometimes, there's a rep there who can answer questions and make you feel more comfortable with using the product.

I know what you mean @NeedMRMakeup I love all the bright colors too but wearing them is tricky. I usually go for little bit of colour to add some fun to my looks, a nice pop of colour can be easier to wear that a whole big look (thou I like those too ‌😀‌) Awwww, don't let anything hold you back from what you want to do 🥰 age is just a number. And life is too short not to do what makes you happy 🌈

I'm not very familiar with eye products in liquids, gels or creams. Powders are in my wheel house, I've been curious about Danessa Myricks other items but I've never tried them either ‌😅

I like the idea of the Dewy Cheek and Lip Palette and her Highlighting Palette. Her blurring balm is really nice to and now it has a blush formula 🤩 there's too much goodness going on lol

@danielledanielle Okay, those blushes you've selected look absolutely gorgeous. I'm so tempted.

I know @PrettyPaint !  I got to swatch some of the Danessa ones the other day.  The one I want the most was missing, but I liked the pigment, the blending capacity and the texture.

hello

@jackefwef Hi! Welcome! 

okk

This is looking chaotic but hear me out…I think I'm limiting myself to two palettes (which is already 2 more than i need but sale on sale? i'm in!), and max 2 fragrances. I purchased a spring/summer fragrance that i'm not crazy about, so I'm looking to add another to the rotation. I also am having a hard time getting my hands on KILIAN Paris Princess Eau de Parfum 1.70 oz / 50 mL eau de parfum spray in the travel size and mine is almost out, so i'm looking to try another sweet gourmand before caving and purchasing a FS. My only issue is that all of these on my list would be blind buys, so I'm trying to be smart about what i select, because I'm not one to buy 10 with the intention of returning 8 of them. I am reaaaaaally stocked up for pretty much everything, so i should actually be able to hold off until the next sale for justifiable restocks.

Edit - tags instead of a million photos!

Restocks/Definite Buys

On The Fence (Leaning Towards Yes)

Thinking About (Advice Welcome)

Get the Kayali love fest burning cherry. It smells sooo good and I get so many compliments! Skip the Kayali royale sugared patchouli. It leans super masculine in a bad way.

My favorite picks! Definitely adding those cotton pads to cart 🙂

So many choices but great options on your list! I am sooo curious about the KAYALI YUM PISTACHIO GELATO 33 EDP INTENSE 3.4 oz / 100 mL eau de parfum spray but trying not to get my hopes up about that one, I haven’t been super impressed by the Kayali so far. I did get KAYALI Vanilla Royale Sugared Patchouli | 64 Eau de Parfum Intense Travel Spray .34 oz / 10 mL when it first came out and I do like it a lot but didn’t LOVE it as much as I’d hoped. I just got a bit more amber than patchouli and wanted more sugary sweetness. I need to find it and spray it again - I did leave a review a while back. Of course, fragrance is so personal, so reviews are all over the place.

I love the Kilian’s and you can’t go wrong with Kilian, imo. @cianni 

@cianni If this is chaos at least it s a beautiful well organized chaos! You have wonderful options you’re thinking about, but if you’re only getting 2 of the palettes on that list I would suggest getting the Natasha Denona Glam Eyeshadow Palette and the PAT McGRATH LABS MTHRSHP MEGA: Celestial Nirvana . The Glam palette is one of my go-to palettes for everyday and travel, it just does the job. All the jobs! And the Celestial Nirvana, I see nothing wrong with a palette holding sentimental value and serving inspiration. Even if you don’t use it everyday, it will always make you happy. 

@cianni So many good choices! I really like the Retro Glam palette by ND. Even though I have only used it a couple of times. It blends really well and goes on smoothly. I chose it because I don't have many of the shades in the palette, and I like the soft shades. Happy Shopping!

I really like my #Natasha Denona Retro Glam Eyeshadow Palette and #Natasha Denona Retro Eyeshadow Palette @cianni and they are both so different. I love wearing the pastel green and light green shimmer most of all from the Retro Glam and the purples from the other bring out my eyes and are just everything I wanted in a purple/ berry Palette. ( they both fill holes in my palette collection, I had nothing like them) Any chance you swatching them in store to see if anything just speaks too you more? 

I'm very am happy with the quality of both 😁

The current sale on some ND palettes had me break my current no spend. I wish I'd moved faster before some mini's I wanted had sold out

@CynthieLu oooo okay good to get your input! i really love purples, so the Retro would be complementary to other purpley palettes i have in my collection. although i will say the purples i do have are definitely different (Huda Desert Dusk, Anastasia Beverly Hills Norvina® Pro Pigment Palette Vol. 1 for Face & Body , Anastasia Beverly Hills Norvina® Mini Pro Pigment Palette Vol. 1 for Face & Body , HUDA BEAUTY Nude Obsessions Eyeshadow Palette Nude Light etc). i have nothing like the Retro Glam, and honestly only a few greens in my collection at all, although something about greens with brown eyes is appealing to me lately.... i guess im trying to figure out if ill really get use out of the Retro because i have other purples, or if its a different enough take on a color story i know i love and wear

3 Replies
testing