Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Satisfying September Hauls 2021

I cannot believe it’s already September.  Where did the time go?

This is the month we have been waiting for. Sephoria takes place virtually on Saturday September 18th from 10 am to 1 pm pst. I cannot wait to experience this with everyone who signed up for it. 

Happy Birthday month to all the September babies, including my daughter who will be turning 2 this month!  

Please share your hauls this month for everyone to enjoy. 

6955D000-F17B-48A5-B450-BA284441C9FD.jpeg

A0344D3D-4092-40BB-9D42-6BF08E77DCF6.jpeg

911373FB-85D2-4601-8B9E-77E9649A809F.jpeg

Re: Satisfying September Hauls 2021

I have a little bit of a backlog, just one full sized. But I was going to buy the apple balm, so I rationalized that the oil and ceramide cream plus the other bits were worth the little bit more it would be for the box, @Loretta55.

It’s a very great haul!!! Are those glitter palettes? Look beautiful! @haleyvvvv 

Thank you, @idanyd!!

They're all pressed pigments, no glitters. 

I got these last week but just got time to post now.Chantecaille fall lipsticks 

755AC353-C23D-40DF-A47D-EA0969DE92B8.jpeg

73EA2164-D1DD-440F-B512-E44B5456D8EA.jpeg

Those are all stunning, @Seymore3. Not sure I could pick a favorite ❤️ 

Those are beautiful for fall @Seymore3 and look so moisturizing too. Love their lippies! 

@Seymore3 Nice fall shades!

@Seymore3 ,

Those Chantecaille Fall lipstick shades are gorgeous!  I'm jealous!  😍  Such pretty lipstick cases, too!

Gorgeous @Seymore3! 😍 The shades you picked up are pretty and the packaging is chic. Seeing your photos reminds me that I need to open up (and use) mine. 

@Seymore3 They're beautiful!  I know you'll love them! 

@Seymore3  They are breathtaking!  I hope there's a sale soon on these. 🙂

@Ispend2much6I'm not sure where you are located but these are $48cad on Nordstrom.ca compared $64cad to everywhere else.I'm not sure why since they don't seem to be marked as on sale but I grabbed the ones I wanted quick in case the price goes up.

@Seymore3  That's really unusual!  Chantecaille direct had two nice sales in the past two months; here's hoping for another one. 🙂

Those are some awesome lippies @Seymore3.

Gorgeous lip products!! @Seymore3 

Nice haul, @Seymore3!! Beautiful lippie!! Enjoy your goodies!!

@Seymore3  Great fall colours!

Nice lippie haul @Seymore3!

@Seymore3 Gorgeous lippie haul!

All beautiful shades! @Seymore3 

Rephr, Uoma by Sharon C (via Walmart), MAC (via Belk), and Bobbi Brown direct: 

Everything closed...Everything closed......and (almost) everything open....and (almost) everything open.
Details & swatches: 
Spoiler
Rephr brushes: 

• No. 20 Fan - This is just the 3rd fan brush I own, and the other 2 (a MAC and a Sonia G. Lotus) are much thicker/denser. I know how most folks use this thin wispy type of fan brush but, eh... I’ll have to play with the 20 to discover how it’ll best work for me. 
  • No. 24 Cheek - I’d say “I really had to talk myself into this one to meet the $50 minimum for the free brush soap” but let’s be honest: I’m kinda addicted to cheek brushes. The 24 would’ve eventually wound up in my collection anyway. 😄 It’s quite dense, so it might work well for skin tint, tinted moisturizer, and powder foundation. 
  • GWP: Brush soap - I did Rephr's design survey for this soap, and I’m thrilled to see no essential oils or other added fragrance on the INCI list. Hooray! (I begged Rephr not to use any essential oils in this stuff.) It’s bigger than I expected, which is another plus. It doesn’t come with a container, but I’ve got one handy. I haven’t unwrapped it yet, so I don’t know how it smells. But I’ll use it soon on a variety of brush hair types. I'll drop the ingredients in a spoiler tag since they're missing from the product page: 
    Spoiler
    hauls2021-Sept-15-3-soapINCI.jpeg
Uoma by Sharon C Lips Don’t Lie Matte Lipstick, shades Brilliant and Unapologetic - This is Uoma Beauty’s new sister brand that’s eco-friendly, 100% vegan, cruelty-free, and low priced. (And also clean/all-natural, but yall know my thoughts on that.) These lipsticks aren't currently available at the brand’s direct site, so I ordered 2 shades from Walmart for around USD $7.50 each. I havent tried them on my lips yet, but on my arm they feel and look semi-matte. Oh, and theyre not fragranced. 

Bobbi Brown: 

• Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick, shade Nude Beach - I’ve always avoided this shade because it didn’t appeal to me in BB’s product photos. But seeing other people's real swatches on a variety of deep skin tones convinced me that Nude Beach might be a matte (or near-matte) version of Golden Pink on me. I was right! I think BB claims this shade has a hint of shimmer but, um, I don’t see it—and I’m fine with that. 
  • Mini Highlighting Powder, shade Pink Glow (Ulta Johnson Collection) - I bought this for travel purposes, so Im bummed that the entire highlighter had come loose from its pan during transit (or maybe during long storage). Im amazed it didnt crack badly in transit, and that I was quick enough to catch it right after opening the compact. I'd complain to BB but the mini's already OOS in both the normal and Ulla Johnson packaging, so Im not sure Id get a replacement. Meanwhile, it swatches beautifully: very soft and fairly natural looking. Ill try it with my new Rephr fan brush, among others. 
  • Dual-Ended Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick in Sun Pearl + Soft Bronze (Ulta Johnson Collection) - At BB’s site, I see another customer’s already complained that Sun Pearl isn’t pink/mauve at all, despite the brand's photos. That’s par for the course with these cream shadow sticks, so I’ve learned not to trust any of those product photos. I didn’t choose the other available dual-ended shade combo because I wanted 2 new-to-me shades. But I’m very happy with this one and will definitely travel with it (when it’s safe for me to travel again). 
  • GWP: Mini Luxe Lip Color Duo, shades Hibiscus and Neutral Rose - I already have a Hibiscus mini but don’t mind having a second one. Someday I should just buy a full size of this shade… I’m shocked I haven’t yet. 

Swatches of Bobbi Brown and Uoma by Sharon C products.Swatches of Bobbi Brown and Uoma by Sharon C products.
MAC Patent Paint Lip Lacquer, shade Shellac Shocked: Finally bought it to try. Id held off because of reviewers comparisons to the OG Lip Glass, aka Lip Glue. Those reviews were 100% on point: holy heck is this stuff sticky. I wore it for just 20 minutes before wiping it off. Ill have to use powder to reduce the tack from now on. I LOVE the color, though. In cool lighting, itcobalt; in warm lighting, it’s closer to blue violet. 

hauls2021-Sept-15-5-MACliplacquer-swatch.jpeg
993 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos138
  • 6955D000-F17B-48A5-B450-BA284441C9FD.jpeg
  • 911373FB-85D2-4601-8B9E-77E9649A809F.jpeg
  • A0344D3D-4092-40BB-9D42-6BF08E77DCF6.jpeg
  • F292A4D7-8475-41F9-8B76-110D647DE819.jpeg
  • 0030D101-26F4-41B7-8313-347569E3394A.jpeg
  • 47157796-F059-4715-90B2-06D56931CF04.jpeg
  • A1E67F36-F593-4942-A6B3-32FEB6814C20.jpeg
  • hourglass palette.jpg
  • ud lipstick.jpg
  • ud indoor lip swatch.jpg
  • Shades Air, Alt, and Ice- outdoor light.  They are very, very light; not intensely pigmented.  Not a criticism because I prefer that sometimes.  They applied smoothly, but Air seems to emphasize the pores on my hand.  Not sure if that will matter on my eyelid.  Ice does emphasize eye wrinkles.
  • Ash, Yet- these are incorrectly labeled on the Hourglass site.  Ash was the shade I had the most trouble applying; it's not very smooth.  Yet, a navy, is beautiful and applies very well.
  • Quick look- no primer.  Air all over, Alt on lid to crease, Ash in crease and outer corner, Yet on outermost corner. Ice on middle of lid over all.
  • 1B87FE6F-C622-4BA9-888D-F6873BAC04F7.gif
  • 4A49F8A2-69AA-467F-8FC5-5A80151F0B4B.jpeg
testing