Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Satisfying September Hauls 2021

I cannot believe it’s already September.  Where did the time go?

This is the month we have been waiting for. Sephoria takes place virtually on Saturday September 18th from 10 am to 1 pm pst. I cannot wait to experience this with everyone who signed up for it. 

Happy Birthday month to all the September babies, including my daughter who will be turning 2 this month!  

Please share your hauls this month for everyone to enjoy. 

6955D000-F17B-48A5-B450-BA284441C9FD.jpeg

A0344D3D-4092-40BB-9D42-6BF08E77DCF6.jpeg

911373FB-85D2-4601-8B9E-77E9649A809F.jpeg

Re: Satisfying September Hauls 2021

Ooooh so pretty @blackkitty2014 

@blackkitty2014 Thank you for the picture and swatches.

I'm woefully behind on posting hauls - eek! 😬 This is a mix of a few of the goodies I hauled in July and August, as well as during a couple of the Labor Day sales earlier this month. 

Sephora - Nordstrom - Peace Out - Base Blue Cosmetics - YesStyle
9.20.2021 Hauls (Mix).jpg

Spoiler
Top Row
54 Thrones Body Butters are divine. 💖 I picked up a mini sampler set for myself from Nordstrom in early July and then another couple of sets last month for gifts. These are now available online at Sephora, but not this particular set - the ones online here are the 5 set of mini's. Sephora has the same "flavors" as here but in a tin can (54 Thrones African Beauty Butter Collection Deluxe Tin) and also a smaller set with 3 mini butters.

Picked up 2 sets of the 40 dots from Peace Out Salicylic Acid Acne Healing Dots 40 Acne Healing Dots  direct during their Labor Day sale. I wish I didn't have to use these, but I do. I've tried a host of similar products, from US and Korean brands; for me, these are the best acne dots / pimple patches on the market.

One of the many candles I've hauled over the last few months is the NEST New York Mini Autumn Plum Candle 2 oz/ 70 g 1-wick candle - this is a wonderful fall scent - slightly sweet, fresh, spicy, warm, woodsy. I don't pick up the plum, more of a faint apple scent but that could just be me. The cinnamon and woodsy scents come through but not in an overwhelming way. It has both a crisp and warm feel to it, and burns evenly. The glass is beautiful too - a pretty plummy purple. 

Bottom Row:
How cute is this makeup sponge from Base Blue Cosmetics? This cute little ghost makeup sponge is perfect for Halloween, or as a gift to yourself or to someone else. 👻

Skinfood seems to be revamping its collection of masks, including their wash off masks. I'm hoping they don't do away with all the current / previous offerings. While I wait to see if that will be the case, I decided to pick up this Skinfood Food Mask Trial Kit of the new, possibly reformulated, wash off masks.

Ellis Brooklyn SUPER AMBER Eau de Parfum Travel Spray 0.33 oz/ 10 mL  is lighter than I expected. I do pick up some vanilla and woodsy scents but both are very faint. 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Jelly Melt Glossy Lip Tint Mambo - these jelly stains have a wonderful consistency that works all year round but are especially nice in the summer-to-fall transition, as is the brown-red tint of this Mambo shade; leaves a pretty stain on the lips too. 👄 
Thank you to @RGbrown for sharing about the BOGO Morgan Taylor polish sale at Ulta:
9.20.2021 Haul - nails up close.jpg

Swatches:
Spoiler
54 Thrones Swatch.jpg9.20.21 Haul - Sephora Collection Mambo.jpg9.20.2021 Hauls nail swatches.jpg9.20.21 Haul - Blue Base.jpg

Great hauls, @itsfi!! That Sponge is so cute!! 👻 Enjoy your goodies!!  

@haleyvvvv, thank you! Isn't the ghost sponge adorable? It's made for a fun add-on to a couple of care packages, and a cheery decor on my countertop. 😍

It’s all so good @itsfi ! Enjoy it all! Love the pastel colors and your fun nails! 🥰

@Sunnysmom, thank you! The sparkly polishes are fun! 💅😁

Great haul! @itsfi 

@idanyd, thank you! I've had fun playing with the beauties and have discovered some great items along the way! 

Nice haul!

The food mask trial kit looks so good! I love sets like that.

@StyleLynn, thank you! Yes, 100% agree! Mini sets are great for trying out products. These have a generous amount too! 😃 

Just echoing the little mask haul gratitude, @itsfi @StyleLynn. The Apricot and Mint sound especially soothing!

Super fabulous haul! I might add those nail swatches are gorgeous @itsfi 

Aww, thank you @lmaster! 🥰 Before this year I had zero polishes from this brand. Now, I have … a lot more than zero. 😝 Sparkly polishes are fun! 💅🏼 

@itsfi ,

Very nice hauls!  I totally agree with you about the Peace Out Acne Spots.  The little ghost makeup sponge from Base Blue Cosmetics! 

To die for!  I didn't know that Sephora now carries 54 Thrones African Beauty Butter!  Good to know!  I only have the unscented one so far.

Thank you @tsavorite! ☺️ The ghost makeup sponge is just so cute! 🥰 

How are you liking the 54 Thrones African Beauty Butter? 

@itsfi ,

I have used the unscented version.  No problem with the faint natural scent, it disappears.  I have only used it on my hands and wrists, but the texture is wonderful.  It feels rich and moisturized.  You couldn't put this on and complain about dry skin.  I think that I may try the Vanilla and Honey scent next, since you say the the scent is subtle.  I can see myself trying other scents in the line as well.

That ghost sponge is so cute, @itsfi!  I think that I even heard that it glows in the dark?

@CookieGirl1, I completely forgot about the glow in the dark claims until your post. Just went to check and the top half of the box lights up, not the bright neon green in some photos online. The sponge itself didn’t glow, or at least not the one I have. I couldn’t take a pic of the box to show the glow-in-the-dark feature of the top part. 

Excellent haul @itsfi! I really like the 54 Thrones body butter❤️

Thank you @faeriegirl! 😁 Aren't the 54 Thrones body butters great? 💗 They're keeping my hands soft and moisturized! Do you have a preference for any particular scent(s)?

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos138
  • 6955D000-F17B-48A5-B450-BA284441C9FD.jpeg
  • 911373FB-85D2-4601-8B9E-77E9649A809F.jpeg
  • A0344D3D-4092-40BB-9D42-6BF08E77DCF6.jpeg
  • F292A4D7-8475-41F9-8B76-110D647DE819.jpeg
  • 0030D101-26F4-41B7-8313-347569E3394A.jpeg
  • 47157796-F059-4715-90B2-06D56931CF04.jpeg
  • A1E67F36-F593-4942-A6B3-32FEB6814C20.jpeg
  • hourglass palette.jpg
  • ud lipstick.jpg
  • ud indoor lip swatch.jpg
  • Shades Air, Alt, and Ice- outdoor light.  They are very, very light; not intensely pigmented.  Not a criticism because I prefer that sometimes.  They applied smoothly, but Air seems to emphasize the pores on my hand.  Not sure if that will matter on my eyelid.  Ice does emphasize eye wrinkles.
  • Ash, Yet- these are incorrectly labeled on the Hourglass site.  Ash was the shade I had the most trouble applying; it's not very smooth.  Yet, a navy, is beautiful and applies very well.
  • Quick look- no primer.  Air all over, Alt on lid to crease, Ash in crease and outer corner, Yet on outermost corner. Ice on middle of lid over all.
  • 1B87FE6F-C622-4BA9-888D-F6873BAC04F7.gif
  • 4A49F8A2-69AA-467F-8FC5-5A80151F0B4B.jpeg
testing