Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Satisfying September Hauls 2021

I cannot believe it’s already September.  Where did the time go?

This is the month we have been waiting for. Sephoria takes place virtually on Saturday September 18th from 10 am to 1 pm pst. I cannot wait to experience this with everyone who signed up for it. 

Happy Birthday month to all the September babies, including my daughter who will be turning 2 this month!  

Please share your hauls this month for everyone to enjoy. 

6955D000-F17B-48A5-B450-BA284441C9FD.jpeg

A0344D3D-4092-40BB-9D42-6BF08E77DCF6.jpeg

911373FB-85D2-4601-8B9E-77E9649A809F.jpeg

Re: Satisfying September Hauls 2021

@Ispend2much6 ,

These look like pretty shades!

@tsavorite. I think BB's lip products are their best offering.

@Ispend2much6 ,

Have you looked at Jones Road Beauty, headed by Bobbi Brown, present day?

@tsavoriteNo, I don't want to open that Pandora's box. lol  How about you?

@Ispend2much6 ,

I just started looking into Jones Road Beauty.  I haven't tried any products yet.  It's very different from the products on Bobbi Brown that is owned by Estee Lauder now.  I don't think you are necessarily in danger of being drawn into Jones Road.  It might not be your thing at all, but it's interesting to see what Bobbi Brown is up to now. 

Did you try some @tsavorite ? What do you think?  I have a few things and it’s a very subtle look I think. I like the shadows best so far I think. Balm and gloss are ok but not remarkable imh. 🙂 @Ispend2much6 

@Sunnysmom ,

I'll let you know when and if I try some of the Jones Road products.  I'm considering them.   I don't think that I'm excited to try the Balm, at least not in the large size.  I guess the draw to her new line is that it's Clean Makeup, and her charisma, that she is really behind this line now.  I'm glad to know what you think of the products.

Yup I agree @tsavorite , I really like her as a person and mentor to so many. 😊 I have some pics on here somewhere if not I can PM you too 🙂 I did pick up the little rosey trio recently.  I do want to try a lip and cheek stick as I was hoping she would do more of a true lipstick. These old lips need a little more oomph than gloss darn it. Lol. 

Rest of LAYS-bor day and more 21 DoB

Rephr, Peace Out direct, Beautylish, Ulta

PXL_20210915_025313868.jpg

I ordered a few concealers, because at 30% and it's new price increase ($24 vs $22), it's a deal.  Giving the dark spot patches a go, everything else is a repurchase except for the peddipebble.

PXL_20210917_033413677.jpg

Can't really wear lipstick, but again, fell for the sale.  Finally trying out rephr.  They are soft, 🥰, but stiffer than what I would have guessed.  Not a deal breaker considering the cost, but I like my face brushes to splay a little bit.  When they are stiff and I use them for powders, I feel like application is patchy.

Also, that's the same peddipebble, I needed a space filler and forgot I took a pic already 🤣

@danielledanielle bummer the brushes are a bit stiffer than you anticipated. Sounds like they might make great blending brushes, though!

Nice haul! @danielledanielle 

Thanks everyone ☺️

Great hauls, @danielledanielle!! Those lippies shades look pretty!! Enjoy your goodies!! 

Very nice haul!! @danielledanielle 

@danielledanielle Very nice haul!

@danielledanielle There’s no Ulta in Canada so I’m wondering, what is a pedipebble? Is that a cleansing bar for when you get a pedicure? Also which shades of Smashbox lippies did you get? Totally eyeing those! 👀 

@SportyGirly125  is right, it's an exfoliating bar, it's got coconut oil and shea butter.

Y'know I love those bolds @Guessgal 

Smashbox Always On Longwear Matte Liquid Lipstick Miss Conduct 

Smashbox Always On Longwear Matte Liquid Lipstick Thrill Seeker 

And a back up of Smashbox Always On Longwear Matte Liquid Lipstick Girl Gang 

@Guessgal The pedi pebble is a foot exfoliator 

Excellent haul @danielledanielle

@danielledanielle Some Rephr brushes feel and perform better after their first washing, when they've fluffed up to their full potential. But yeah, generally speaking, these brushes are on the more controlled side of densely soft. I'm still not in love with the angled face brush, and I've washed it 3 times already. That brush is too dense for its own good. Doesn't help that I have the Sonia G.'s magical Lotus angled brush to compare it to. 

Anyway... I hope you still enjoy using the brushes, and the rest of your goodies! 

@WinglessOne , I'll keep that in mind.  I definitely went straight to use and didn't wash 😂🤣 I felt it was more of how they are bristled - how they are sitting in the handle.  I feel like that's what causes the stiffness.  Again, not a deal breaker, but for the powder brush (25), it doesn't really flex like other natural hair brushes I have.  It behaves more like a synthetic brush.

Conversation Stats
Photos138
  • 6955D000-F17B-48A5-B450-BA284441C9FD.jpeg
  • 911373FB-85D2-4601-8B9E-77E9649A809F.jpeg
  • A0344D3D-4092-40BB-9D42-6BF08E77DCF6.jpeg
  • F292A4D7-8475-41F9-8B76-110D647DE819.jpeg
  • 0030D101-26F4-41B7-8313-347569E3394A.jpeg
  • 47157796-F059-4715-90B2-06D56931CF04.jpeg
  • A1E67F36-F593-4942-A6B3-32FEB6814C20.jpeg
  • hourglass palette.jpg
  • ud lipstick.jpg
  • ud indoor lip swatch.jpg
  • Shades Air, Alt, and Ice- outdoor light.  They are very, very light; not intensely pigmented.  Not a criticism because I prefer that sometimes.  They applied smoothly, but Air seems to emphasize the pores on my hand.  Not sure if that will matter on my eyelid.  Ice does emphasize eye wrinkles.
  • Ash, Yet- these are incorrectly labeled on the Hourglass site.  Ash was the shade I had the most trouble applying; it's not very smooth.  Yet, a navy, is beautiful and applies very well.
  • Quick look- no primer.  Air all over, Alt on lid to crease, Ash in crease and outer corner, Yet on outermost corner. Ice on middle of lid over all.
  • 1B87FE6F-C622-4BA9-888D-F6873BAC04F7.gif
  • 4A49F8A2-69AA-467F-8FC5-5A80151F0B4B.jpeg
testing