Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Haul Stars

Post your recent hauls!

I know a lot of us made resolutions to stop buying new things, but did you really pass up some of the post-holiday sales and deals as well as newly released limited edition goods?  Confess!  Smiley Very Happy

My recent items are:

TARINA TARANTINO Sparklicity Pure Gold (so pretty!)
LORAC Tie Dye For Lip Gloss Collection (great value)
TARINA TARANTINO Supernova Nail Lacquer - Starchild (50% off)
SEPHORA COLLECTION Daily Brush Cleaner To Go (morning staple for lazy days when I haven't cleaned my brushes)
BOSCIA Peppermint Blotting Linens ($6Cdn @ 3x)
CLARINS Instant Sun Shimmer Blush in Light (50% off)
BY TERRY Rouge Delectation Lipstick in Vanilla Cinnamon (50% off)

500 Point Perk:  Benefit Coralista (full size) and Bad Gal Mascara (deluxe sample)

Non-Sephora items:

MAC Soiree Nail Polish from the Cham Pale Collection

MAC Dangerous Cuvee Paint Pot from the Cham Pale Collection

Re: Post your recent hauls!

@daisy346: At least it won't break the bank at $7.99 for a 4oz tube. It smells fresh, but not overpowering and it's really gentle, but really works. I actually love it and will probably not replace it with something more expensive unless they change the formula. It's nice to get something that really works and that isn't bad for you at the drugstore!

Last week it took me three different stores to find a paraben and mineral oil free hand salve or cream. (I was getting 'nurse in the winter' hands)I finally ended up with Burt's Bees. It works really well and smells great!

I'm sold! I have to try the Neutrogena! I love Burts Bees products....in particular the lip balm. I used to always have terribly chapped lips in the winter time...then I'd chew them....it was bad. I tried all kinds of different things, both expensive & non, but nothing worked until my bf got me a tube of Burt's Bees lip balm. It's annoying when a man who has no interest in beauty products & hardly uses any himself, can solve a beauty problem that I can't! And me a VIB! How humilating. But I'm very grateful because a year later, still no chapped lips.

@daisy346 - My bf thinks that I shop at Sephora too much.  Smiley Sad  But I bought him Anthony Logistics shaving cream and the Matte For Men lip balm and he loves them both!  (I tried that shaving cream on my legs by the way, and it's awesome)  When I told him about the Clarisonic, he said that he wanted to see a "peer reviewed journal" with a studying showing why it was better.  So I told him that I'd look for something online.  And he said that I shouldn't trust what was online and so he looked in some database of journals (he's a doctor) and only one result came up and it was written by someone from the Clarisonic company, so he still didn't trust it.  Oh well, I bought it anyway, but I haven't told him yet.  LOL. 

@mermade - Thanks for the lowdown!  Tarte clay blush doesn't sound convincing at all!

Re: returns - I thought that all this time that if the product was in good shape, they were used as testers.  I don't see why they should throw something out when the test products on the floor are probably in a much worse shape than the stuff that are returned (unless something is really wrong with the product).

Oh, and since this is the confession thread: I finally caved and got the Naked Palette today. 

officegal wrote:

@mermade - Thanks for the lowdown!  Tarte clay blush doesn't sound convincing at all!

Oh, and since this is the confession thread: I finally caved and got the Naked Palette today. 

Oh! I hope I didn't make it sound bad! I actually like it better than the Tarte Cheek stain because it's easier to apply! Also, it's not scented, which might help some. I love that the Tarte cheek stain is scented, but some people hated it for that reason!

and  LOL!!! Did you get Naked at Sephora? ( here come the naked jokes again!)

I've never been aboard with the Tarte cheek stains, though I like the concept.  I don't like the sticky texture and the colour seems too sheer to me.  I guess I'll have to try the clay blush myself at some point and see.  Smiley Happy

@officegal: YOu will probably like the blush. It has deeper color saturation with less application. I like the cheek stain because I have combo skin: oily T/dry cheeks, and it works for that. Hopefully with the UD All Nighter Spray, it'll have more staying power.

Some of you asked for reviews of what I bought most recently, and I have some feedback.

UD All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray:

It lives up to the hype! This stuff REALLY keeps your makeup on. When I went to the spa yesterday, I of course put makeup on ( silly, I know). The first thing I did was go into the steam room. We are talking can almost not see the person across from me and my skin turned red in two minutes steam heat and humidity. Although all of my makeup didn't stay on perfectly, it was literally so hot and humid in the steam room that it was raining in there. I had to use soap and water to remove my makeup after that.

UD 24/7 Shadow Pencils:

Even AFTER I used soap and water to take off my makeup, the shadow pencil I used as eyeliner STAYED ON. So when they say this stuff is waterproof, they aren't kidding!

I have 4 colors and have decided to get more of them-- maybe even all of them. But as they aren't LTD edition, I'll take my time!

Thanks for the review! I'm interested in the setting spray. Having oily skin makes my makeup not stay on, no matter what primer I use.

daisy346 wrote:

Thanks for the review! I'm interested in the setting spray. Having oily skin makes my makeup not stay on, no matter what primer I use.

It won't make you not be shiny, but the makeup DEFINITELY stays put! They do have the De SLick make up setting spray, but it didn't get the 100% glowing reviews that the all nighter did, so that's why I got that one (I have combo/oily skin). Tenngal suggested using a mattifying primer with the regular spray to combat oil. I just figure, whatever I'll blot as needed. I think the oily skin keeps it looking younger for longer!

967 Replies