Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Haul Stars

Post your recent hauls!

I know a lot of us made resolutions to stop buying new things, but did you really pass up some of the post-holiday sales and deals as well as newly released limited edition goods?  Confess!  Smiley Very Happy

My recent items are:

TARINA TARANTINO Sparklicity Pure Gold (so pretty!)
LORAC Tie Dye For Lip Gloss Collection (great value)
TARINA TARANTINO Supernova Nail Lacquer - Starchild (50% off)
SEPHORA COLLECTION Daily Brush Cleaner To Go (morning staple for lazy days when I haven't cleaned my brushes)
BOSCIA Peppermint Blotting Linens ($6Cdn @ 3x)
CLARINS Instant Sun Shimmer Blush in Light (50% off)
BY TERRY Rouge Delectation Lipstick in Vanilla Cinnamon (50% off)

500 Point Perk:  Benefit Coralista (full size) and Bad Gal Mascara (deluxe sample)

Non-Sephora items:

MAC Soiree Nail Polish from the Cham Pale Collection

MAC Dangerous Cuvee Paint Pot from the Cham Pale Collection

Re: Post your recent hauls!

@ran8, @marina: There's nothing quite like a NARS haul Smiley Wink

@kalex: I feel the same way! You should never add color to your legs with anything made of nylon! I don't mind tights, or **very sheer** stockings (like spanx!) but I can't stand those "nude" colored pantyhose (that are definitely nowhere near nude on me).

@katie- Yeah, those nude pantyhose, I don't think anyone is that color of nude! I like leggings, they hide shin scars and come in great colors too! Plus they don't look like you are actually trying to give the appearance of a tan, they just look like fancy hose, only they don't get runners as easily.

I got to use my Mia for the first time yesterday and I have a question for you ladies.  How long does it take to get used to it?  I felt like I was going to sneeze every time I even got close to my nose with it!  The vibrations tickle someting fierce and I don't know if I can handle this every day!

I haven't had a sneezing issue with my Clarisonic, but it did take a few days to get used to the vibration it has. Maybe you can try that trick that I use to stop my eyes from watering, it is supposed to act on facial nerves, maybe it will calm your sneeze reaction. 

Anyways, try gently squeezing the bridge of your nose, up near where it meets your eyes. Worth a try.

@prettyinpa: Exactly! Leggings are far better Smiley Happy

@kalex: It was a different sensation at first, but I got used to the tickling. It still tickles around my nose, but it's bearable.

: )

Hey, ladies!  I haven't been on Beauty Talk much for the last few days and I only have a moment now to pop in and see what everybody's up to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@kalex & katie1724:  I got my order with the Fusion Beauty FlowFusion Micro-Nutrient Face & Body Natural Protein Tan self-tanner in it and used it and LOVE it.  It is the only self-tanner I've ever used that didn't turn me automatically too dark and it didn't streak at all.  It has NO stinky smell at all.  Seriously, it has no smell period, which I love and it doesn't leave that kind of "sticky" feeling.  It dries completely and doesn't stink so I was able to apply it during the day and go out and do errands without feeling like a stinky, sticky mess.  One coat gave me just enough color that I don't look like whipped cream and I wore a pair of shorts yesterday without fear of blinding people.  You really should try it.  It's supposed to last up to two weeks, but I can't say whether it lasts that long or not yet so I'll have to keep you posted on that one. Smiley Happy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I ordered from Urban Decay last week after realizing that the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Genie Bottles are being discontinued for the tubes.  I personally love the genie bottles with the padded doe's foot applicator because it makes it easy for me to line my eyes all the way around and I like the way it smoothes it out on my lid.  I know a lot of people prefer the tube, but I'm old-fashioned and still like the genie bottle, ha ha.  Anyway, the genie bottle is still available "as long as stock holds out" on UD's website so I ordered:

2 Original Formula UDPP Genie Bottles
2 Sin Formula UDPP Genie Bottles

Gotta run now, this has been a busy week and today we are going to a dinner in honor of my brother-in-law's birthday which is 2+ hours away so I've got to get ready.  The brightest side to it is that I'll get to stop by Sephora because there's one where he lives (ha, ha)!  Check in with you gals later...Smiley Happy

@tenngal-I've used the GlowFusion for ages, it really is the best self-tanner I've tried and I've tried a lot. I liked last year when they offered a bottle of Light tanner + a bottle of tan extender which is a light moisturizer that dries very quickly and has no smell, also. I was disappointed when Sephora stopped carrying this set, you got the 2 bottles for the price of the tanner alone. A tan lasts me 1 1/2 weeks if I have to shower/clean up a lot due to hot weather or running when the sun is up (slugabed!) 2 weeks if I am not doing much, just work and puttering around the house. A bottle lasts all season for me so even though it is a bit pricey, you get your money's worth. I think you will love it!

Just when I thought I was giving up on any kind of tanning this year, I read this and now I'm interested again! I'll see how it goes. I think it would be kind of nice to take a break from it this year, embrace my paleness, and just not worry about it. But I could change my mind yet....it's still early.

@tenngal: I like the genie bottles, too!! I suppose once they run out we could always keep a wand or two and transfer some of the potion in the tubes to MAC style fluid liner pots and keep using the doe feet!

My recent haul was a REscue Beauty Lounge haul. Someone on MUA told me about this boutique in Texas that had some hard to find colors left so I called them and ordered a bunch that I had been lusting after!!

I got 5 bottles in all. All but one of them was permanently discontinued. This is my mani with one of my faves from this haul:

RBL's Frugalista:

frugalista.JPG

@mermade - With all your raving about RBL polishes I want some so bad!  I've messaged a couple of gals on MUA about swapping for an RBL but apparently I don't have anything they want because I never heard back.  That's got to my biggest peeve - not hearing back even if the answer is "no."

Just returned from Sephora (with a 10% off coupon good for the next month!). I finally splurged on Laura Mercier's custom pallette (6). I got four eyeshadows & two blush (not a great variety of colors for blush IMHO):

CHEEK: Plum Radiance & Lotus Pink

EYE: Topaz, Plum Smoke, African Violet, & Stellar

The 100 point bonus I got was two Clinique Eye Surge

mermade: love love love that purply nail color!

@mermadelove:  I love your Frugalista mani--beautiful color!!! Smiley Happy  I thought the same thing about hanging onto one or two of the UDPP genie bottle applicators when I run out of genie bottles.  Of course that'll be a while seeing how I've bought so many backup bottles that I've had to store them under my bed, ha ha! Smiley Happy

@katie:

Exactly! Smiley Very Happy

@ran8:

Coincidence -  Smiley Wink Happy Days is the lipgloss pencil I have too! I love it! The other two colors look super pretty!

You definitely deserve that haul! 9/7 years! HOW DO YOU DO THAT? Smiley Surprised

@Tenngal 

I'm sorry Sally's Beauty was out! OPI came out with a "shatter" nail polish by Katy Perry (just like the China Glaze crackle polish) and I went into ULTA today and they had the OPI Katy Perry Shatter nail polish in black (which I think is the only color they offer in the "shatter" polish?). But if you are wanting the Crackle Polish in Black from China Glaze maybe you can find OPI Shatter polish which is literally identical! Hope this helps! 

@Katimae

Good to know! I had a feeling they weren't just in California... but I wasn't sure! Thank you!

I'm ignoring that Benefit deal but happy shopping to everybody else!

Re: crackle polishes - OPI is coming out with a few new crackle shades with their Pirates of the Caribbean collection, so keep your eyes peeled for those. They're either out now or about to hit the shelves any day.

I had a bit of March madness this week and ordered from both Sephora and Ulta. I got Kinerase C8 Peptide Eye (30% off sale, YAY!), UD shadow pencil in Mercury, Peter Thomas Roth Unwrinkle Kit and UD shadow primer in Sin.  Then to top it off, Ulta had a one day sale on Kinerase, so I splurged and got the C* deep wrinkle serum.  Since Sephora isn't carrying Kinerase any moreSmiley Sad I figured I better stock up even though my current bottles still have a ways to go. Oh well, my wrinkles will be less, along with my wallet!

Nice haul, prettyinpa! I'm using a sample of Kinerase C8 Peptide treatment and it's kind of amazing how it works. The Sephora I go to still stocks it but I noticed that it's sold at my awesome drugstore as well, so I know where to go if my Sephora phases it out as well.

I treated myself to some birthday goodies.  UNBELIEVABLE deals on By Terry (mostly at a discount store called Winners in Canada).  The foundation and blush are amazing - I'm sad Sephora is no longer carrying this brand even though it's too expensive for me on a regular basis.  I got:

By Terry Ultra-Correcting Liquid Foundation in 6 Sunny Beige:
Original price $110
Purchased for $24.99

By Terry Velvet Cream Blush in 2 Peach Nude:
Original price $45
Purchased for $9.99

By Terry Ultra-Fine Eye Shadow in 15 Pearly Flannel:
Original price $44
Purchased for $9.99

By Terry Tinted Replenishing Lip Care in 6 Devil Rose:
Original price $52
Purchased for $12.99

By Terry Intense Hydra Plump Lipstick in 6 Vanilla Cinnamon:
Original price $50-something
Purchased for $20-something

katie1724 wrote:

8) <----- eyes spin, imagining the possibilities

LOL Katie, you make me laugh. Smiley Very Happy

@tenngal - I had my Naked Palette for a few weeks, barely touched it 3 times, then sold it to someone. I got sucked into the hype when I darn well should have known better. I didn't think the shadows looked so good on me, either, even though I love neutrals. Maybe our expectations were too high.

Nice haul! You make me want to go shopping! I've been in a walking boot for a while and cannot drive. So if I want to go to a store I have to get someone to take me. Everyone has been so busy lately...if only there was an Apple store in the same mall as Sephora. I could get my husband to take me and I'd have hours! Smiley Happy

@tenngal: I was just at UD's site looking at the matte shadows and I was able to add Revolver to my cart. Maybe they found some more?  (In case you want to stock up).

967 Replies