Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Haul Stars

Post your recent hauls!

I know a lot of us made resolutions to stop buying new things, but did you really pass up some of the post-holiday sales and deals as well as newly released limited edition goods?  Confess!  Smiley Very Happy

My recent items are:

TARINA TARANTINO Sparklicity Pure Gold (so pretty!)
LORAC Tie Dye For Lip Gloss Collection (great value)
TARINA TARANTINO Supernova Nail Lacquer - Starchild (50% off)
SEPHORA COLLECTION Daily Brush Cleaner To Go (morning staple for lazy days when I haven't cleaned my brushes)
BOSCIA Peppermint Blotting Linens ($6Cdn @ 3x)
CLARINS Instant Sun Shimmer Blush in Light (50% off)
BY TERRY Rouge Delectation Lipstick in Vanilla Cinnamon (50% off)

500 Point Perk:  Benefit Coralista (full size) and Bad Gal Mascara (deluxe sample)

Non-Sephora items:

MAC Soiree Nail Polish from the Cham Pale Collection

MAC Dangerous Cuvee Paint Pot from the Cham Pale Collection

Re: Post your recent hauls!

@Katimae - Ulta is sort of like a Sephora/drugstore/salon.  They carry skincare, makeup, perfume, etc and have drugstore brands, their own brand, prestige brands, and most have a hair salon as well.  They have a website and offer free shipping and samples and such just like Sephora does.

@daisy - This is going to be a must-have product for me from now on!!! And you're right, spot treatments NEVER work.  Well, the only one that sort of did was an Aveda one that I had to throw out due to being too old.  I might get that again.

@tenngal - HOLY MOLY, lady.  I want to go shopping with you!!!  And I wish Ulta was in Canada!

You don't have Ulta there? You need to move to the US Smiley Happy I do much prefer Sephora over Ulta, but Ulta carries some brands Sephora doesn't (like China Glaze) and they have good deals sometimes.

@kati: There is an ULTA in Reading PA, if you're interested. As Kalex said, it is a combo beauty/drug store/salon and some have a Benefit Brow Bar where you can get your brows done (though the Reading one doesn't have a Brow Bar). They have a huge fragrance section and a big skincare and prestige makeup section, with a smaller house brand area. They run a lot of specials each month and give free samples. 

@tenngal: Wow, that's a mighty fine haul!  Be sure and tell us how you like your new purchases!

I really don’t know why I bought The Naked Palette other than the fact that there was only one in the store and I kept hearing a little voice saying “buy it, buy it…” because I don’t wear neutrals except on my brow bone and sometimes the inner corner of my lid.  I already owned individuals of the neutrals Smog, Sin, Half Baked and Toasted that I rarely ever wear.  I like the colors in the palette, but they don’t like me.  I decided to wear four colors from the palette yesterday and a couple of people asked me if I was tired.  I knew it was the makeup, dang it!  Smiley Mad But I pretended that, yeah, I was kind of tired.  Better than saying "No, I'm not tired it's my new Naked Palette"--ha, ha.  Anyway, I knew I should have been listening to the other little voice saying “you know you don’t look good in those colors…don’t buy it, don’t buy it."  Oh well, too late now. Smiley Happy  It's situations like this why we need to get that swap board up and running!  Smiley Happy

@tenngal: Nice haul! I know what you mean -- I hate when I try something different and someone says, "Ohhh, are you okay?" THANKS. You're right; this is *exactly* why we need that swap board! Just think of all of the potential swaps between all of our stashes -- I'm sure I have something that I don't use that someone wants, and vice versa...

8) <----- eyes spin, imagining the possibilities

Smiley Very Happy

I'm jealous of everybody's hauls!  Especially everyone who has been picking up those UD eye shadow pencil thingys.  Smiley Happy  I told myself that I'd stay away from spending a lot of money lately since I decided to make a donation to the red cross for Japan aid instead (plus, my employer is matching donations that we're making which is really great).  But I've been tempted by those UD shadow pencils and I also saw this Loccitane Immortelle set that I want to try.  I feel like I have so many moisturizers though (shiseido, korres, first aid beauty, peter thomas roth, murad, clinique)... so I don't NEED another one... but this loccitane one seems to have such great reviews!  Sigh...

serendipity01 wrote:

I'm jealous of everybody's hauls!  Especially everyone who has been picking up those UD eye shadow pencil thingys.  Smiley Happy  I told myself that I'd stay away from spending a lot of money lately since I decided to make a donation to the red cross for Japan aid instead (plus, my employer is matching donations that we're making which is really great).  But I've been tempted by those UD shadow pencils and I also saw this Loccitane Immortelle set that I want to try.  I feel like I have so many moisturizers though (shiseido, korres, first aid beauty, peter thomas roth, murad, clinique)... so I don't NEED another one... but this loccitane one seems to have such great reviews!  Sigh...

I think that's great what you're doing, and I felt similarly about a L'Occitane scrub & body butter that I had been eyeing for ages. I'll keep it on the backburner for a future shopping spree when I'm a little more flush. Serendipity, I challenge you to finish one of those moisturizers and then report back to us! Maybe you can go shopping after that. Smiley Wink

@serendipity01:  You've got to buy at least one of the UD 24/7 Glide-On Shadow Pencils.  Seriously, they are like nothing else!  I also bought the UD 24/7 Glide-On Shadow Smudge Brush because, well, because it was right there beside the pencils Smiley Happy and I'm glad I did because it really does work better on those pencils than any of my other smudge brushes.  So I'd pick up one of those, too.  They are about $16 I think. Smiley Happy

@officegal:  I'm glad I'm not the only person in the world who couldn't use The Naked Palette.  I mean I'm sorry it didn't work out for you, but I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one.  The colors are beautiful, but I knew from having the individual colors that I couldn't pull off a total nude eye.  But, on the bright side, I can probably get away with using a different shade each day with brighter colors and still make use of it. Smiley Happy

@katie1724:  I would love to go through your stash!  I hope we get the swap board going.  I'll bet you've got all kinds of goodies in your stash that others would love to have. Smiley Happy

Yesterday I went to the mall to exchange a shirt that I realized was the wrong size when I got home... I "happened" to pass by the Sephora store and just had to go in. Of coarse keep in mind I just purchased an order from Sephora, which I literally just got about 10 minutes ago. GO FIGURE!

So what I purchased yesterday (in store):

-Dr. Brandt No More Pores Pore Refiner... (Forgot to order this online! Love this stuff)

-Tarte Natural Lip Stain (Bought: Lust & Moody)

-Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Shadow pencil's (Bought: Delinquent and Morphine)

-Benefit High Brow 

-Buxom Stay There Eyeshadows... absolutely LOVE these shadows (I bought: Cocker Spaniel & Black Lab) 

-Harajuku Lovers Cosmetic Case

-Hello Kitty Nail Polish in Blueberry

-Smashbox The Nude LipLiner in Fair

-Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder 

-Makeup Forever Eyeshadow in Purple #92 (probably my all time FAVORITE color to use, I use this shade ALL the time) Lavendar #9, Dark Red #131, Pink Brown #137

My Online Order:

-Harajuku Lovers G of The Sea (I love these perfumes and collect the bottles)

-Josie Maran Argan Oil Hair Serum

-2 Brush Heads for my Clarisonic 

-Urban Decay Show Pony Shadow Box (couldn't pass it up for $16!) 

-Toki Doki Siberia Blush Brush (SO cute)

I went way to overboard in the store! 

@j12003:  Very impressive haul, girl!  I'm sooooooo jealous! Smiley Happy

@Tenngal 

Thank you! I'm loving everything I got but my bank account sure doesn't! Also I read in your post yesterday (when you posted your recent haul) that you cant find the crackle polish from China Glaze, have you tried Sally Beauty Stores? I'm not sure if Sally beauty is found all over or only in California? But that is where I bought my China Glaze Crackle polish. Maybe you can find it there also! 

@j12003 FYI  Sally's is a large national chain.  We even have one in my small town in the middle of nowhere (about 8,000 or less!)  Not easy to go from Raleigh and SF back to this, thank God for the computer (and you guys!)

tenngal wrote:

@officegal:  I'm glad I'm not the only person in the world who couldn't use The Naked Palette.  I mean I'm sorry it didn't work out for you, but I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one.  The colors are beautiful, but I knew from having the individual colors that I couldn't pull off a total nude eye.  But, on the bright side, I can probably get away with using a different shade each day with brighter colors and still make use of it. Smiley Happy

You're the only other person I've come across who has admitted they're not wild about the Naked Palette.  I've gotten rid of mine all together, it was such a burden upon my makeup-loving soul to see it go to waste in my possession, LOL.  My issue with it was that it was actually TOO pigmented and many of the shades were too dark to give me the natural look.  I much prefer the super subtle softer palettes released by Bobbi Brown.  I'm sorry it didn't work out for you as well, tenngal, but I'm sure there are a tonne of people out there who'd gladly take it off your hands!

@officegal - I will definitely try to finish one of my moisturizers!  haha!  I realized today that I actually have a full-sized DDF moisturizer as well, but that one is not my fault, because it was my skincare challenge freebie.  Smiley Wink

@tenngal - I haven't seen the UD shadow pencils in person yet, but I'll make sure to check them out next time I'm at Sephora.  I've also been eye-ing some of the Benefit creaseless cream shadows, MUFE aqua creams, and the Buxom Stay There eye shadows... I just haven't been able to decide which ones I like best.  Smiley Tongue

Tags (1)

@serendipity:  I find that the UD shadow pencils stay on better than the Benefit Creaseless Cream, if that helps you with your decision. I have Lit and Mercury and they are just great! Though I wish they came in more brown/gold/copper colors!

@j12003:  Thanks for the tip on where to find China Glaze.  There is a Sally's Beauty Supply in my hometown but I seldom go there since I gave up trying to highlight my own hair after the great hair disaster of 1999 (I think that was the year) lol.  Anyway, I know where I'm going today! Smiley Wink

@officegal:  I actually think the colors in The Naked Palette are beautiful, but they make me look totally washed out.  I really do look sick or tired when I wear only those colors.  That's why I'm hyped about blue eyeshadow week! Smiley Very Happy

@tenngal: I did notice that the shade "Buck" clashes terribly with my skin. It seems to have a yellowish base, and being so light, it just makes me look washed out and ill. I much prefer the other end of the palette -- Darkhorse, Toasted, Hustle...even Gunmetal!

Smiley Happy

@katie: That's funny you say that about buck because the fact that it's yellow based and a shade or two darker than my skin makes it the PERFECT naked for me. It's one of my favorite shades in the bunch!

I got my order og China Glaze polishes. YAY! I just got rid og 7 10 year old nail polishes to make room for them. LOL! Going to do a manicure. Will post pics later!

Smiley Happy

@mermade: I'm glad Buck works for you! I wish it worked for me, too, but sadly, it has the opposite effect Smiley Happy

I just got rid of expired nail polishes, too! The only bottle I couldn't part with is Vamp. Even though it's separating and long expired, I couldn't bring myself to toss it. I could just order a new bottle, but I can't bring myself to pay $25 for nail polish.

: )

967 Replies