Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Haul Stars

Post your recent hauls!

I know a lot of us made resolutions to stop buying new things, but did you really pass up some of the post-holiday sales and deals as well as newly released limited edition goods?  Confess!  Smiley Very Happy

My recent items are:

TARINA TARANTINO Sparklicity Pure Gold (so pretty!)
LORAC Tie Dye For Lip Gloss Collection (great value)
TARINA TARANTINO Supernova Nail Lacquer - Starchild (50% off)
SEPHORA COLLECTION Daily Brush Cleaner To Go (morning staple for lazy days when I haven't cleaned my brushes)
BOSCIA Peppermint Blotting Linens ($6Cdn @ 3x)
CLARINS Instant Sun Shimmer Blush in Light (50% off)
BY TERRY Rouge Delectation Lipstick in Vanilla Cinnamon (50% off)

500 Point Perk:  Benefit Coralista (full size) and Bad Gal Mascara (deluxe sample)

Non-Sephora items:

MAC Soiree Nail Polish from the Cham Pale Collection

MAC Dangerous Cuvee Paint Pot from the Cham Pale Collection

Re: Post your recent hauls!

*stares lustfully at the Clarisonic*  Smiley Happy

Today I caved and got the new Smashbox In Bloom shadow palette. 

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P277600&categoryId=C10905

But I got it from Shoppers Drug Mart where they were giving out a $10 giftcard with purchases above $50 (this palette is Cdn$55).  Soooo... not as bad as could have been?  Anyway, it's SO PRETTY!!!

@officegal: I'm staring lustfully at that Clarisonic, too!

*one day! (and preferably sooner, rather than later)*

@anaa: I recently bought a NARS collection, too! This one was called Tainted Love, and it had an Angelika Multiple and gloss, and Schiap nail polish. All are hot pink, but the gloss and the multiple both can look natural on. Schiap looks like true HOT pink -- circa Crayola Fluorescent Crayons circa 1987. Love!

: )

FINALLY got my latest haul from Sephora. It was delayed due to the massive snow storm! So far I've used 2 of the 4 UD shadow pencils I finally settled on (Delinquent and Morphine) , the new Tarte Amazoniam clay blush in Blissful, Tarte LipSurgence Stain in Enchanted, anf the UD All Nighter Spray. I'll rport back later on how everything held up today! I can already tell you that I love the colors on everything. I was a little worried about the Tarte blush because I got the dark peach one instead of the coral one. Ithought it would be too intense. Fortunately, like most Tarte products, it has buildable coverage so it didn't end up looking silly. Smiley Happy

@katie - I have the Schiapp polish and love it in the summer.  Smiley Happy

@mermade - Do review for us!  I'm so curious about the Tarte clay blush.  I hated their clay eyeliner which dried and shrivelled up in the pot within weeks after being opened.  :/

Ok so it is now 9 hours later and my makeup still looks great. I attribute this at least partially to the fact that I finished off with my brand new UD All Nighter Makeup setting spray. Usually I find that the Tarte cheek stain I use vanishes after about 5 hours. I like a very natural look so I only put on three relatively thin layers, so that may be why. Today I used the new Tarte Amazonian Clay blush and it looks as good now as when I put it on. IT's supposed to be a 12 hour blush, but like I said, I used the UDAN spray as well.

I really like my makeup look today. It's a composite of new haul, TSB 1 products I swapped and shop your own stash products.

I used UDPP in Greed ( shimmering gold) as a base and highlight at the browbone and under my eyes, tokikdoki dark gold and copper from the robbery palette that I haven't used in a few months on my lower lid and upper lashline respectively, brand spanking new UD 24/7 eye pencils in delinquent ( outer upper and lower lash line) and morphine upper inner lashline. Absolutely love this look, especially with the dark and light purple blending into one another for upper lid eyeliner over the copper and gold. So wish I had a higher resolution camera so that I could share this look with you!
On my lips I used Tarte lip stain in Enchanted. The color lasted through breakfast without moving, which impressed me. , I found that the stain lasted about 4-6 hours before I had to reapply it. Once it was off my lips were a little dry, but when I reapplied, they got moisturized again. This also happens for me with Korres lip butters. So far, the only lip glosses I have found that leave my lips better than they started are UD pocket Rocket and Buxom.

After the Tarte Lip stain came off the second time, I used a coppery Laura Mercier gloss I hauled from TSB one.

I'll let you know how that wore!

Smiley Happy

@mermadelove: I've been curious about the clay blush! It just got a good write up in a magazine (I forget which one...Allure? Marie Claire?). I love the Tarte lip stains, but so far I don't own any.

: )

This is all so interesting! I've had my eye on that Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush. I don't know how long I can hold off on buying it....aaghhhh. I'm trying to cut out small purchases & get the Clarisonic. Seeing that pic made me want it even more! Let us know how it works, serendipity.

I'm a little late, but re: returns- do you think that's true, that they have to throw out opened products? I always imagined they can use them for testers. I've never returned an opened product...the only time I've returned is when I bought something I didn't really need & had buyer's remorse. However, I like knowing I have the option of returning an opened product if it breaks me out or looks really bad on. I think there are a lot of people who abuse the system though.

I used the Clarisonic for the first time last night.  I normally use Philosophy's Purity, followed by Philosophy's Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash every night, and that leaves my skin feeling smooth.  So, when reading through all the Clarisonic reviews that said that the brush made their skin feel so smooth, I was thinking - well, so does my exfoliator.  Anyway, I got it anyway and last night I planned on using the Clarisonic on "low" and only using Purity.  First of all, I kinda screwed up on the whole timer/beeping thing.  I knew that I was going to do my forehead (20 seconds) first, but then I couldn't remember if that was followed by the 10 seconds for each cheek or the 20 second nose/chin.  I had a 50/50 chance of guessing correctly, but luck was not in my favor and I did it wrong.  Not a big deal.  After using purity, I was not all that impressed by the way that my skin felt, so I used it again, this time with the microdelivery exfoliating wash (and I got the beeping/timer thing right the 2nd time.  haha).  After using the Clarisonic w/ the exfoliator, then my skin definitely felt smoother when I use my hands. 

I'll need to experiment with it for a while.  I'm not sure what I like better... trying to distribute the facial clenser on my face using my hands first, or putting the cleanser directly on the Clarisonic brush.  Over time, I'll probably experiment with the diferent speeds and maybe try the "normal" brush head too (mine came with "sensitive").  Also, I felt like I kept getting soap in my eyes, since I was doing the forehead first, the suds were dribbling down into my eyes the whole time.  If anybody has tips, please share!

By the way, when you register your Clairsonic online, they'll email a coupon for $25 off $50 at their site... I'm going to use it on getting replacement brush heads.  Smiley Happy

serendipity01 wrote:

I used the Clarisonic for the first time last night.  I normally use Philosophy's Purity, followed by Philosophy's Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash every night, and that leaves my skin feeling smooth.  So, when reading through all the Clarisonic reviews that said that the brush made their skin feel so smooth, I was thinking - well, so does my exfoliator.  Anyway, I got it anyway and last night I planned on using the Clarisonic on "low" and only using Purity.  First of all, I kinda screwed up on the whole timer/beeping thing.  I knew that I was going to do my forehead (20 seconds) first, but then I couldn't remember if that was followed by the 10 seconds for each cheek or the 20 second nose/chin.  I had a 50/50 chance of guessing correctly, but luck was not in my favor and I did it wrong.  Not a big deal.  After using purity, I was not all that impressed by the way that my skin felt, so I used it again, this time with the microdelivery exfoliating wash (and I got the beeping/timer thing right the 2nd time.  haha).  After using the Clarisonic w/ the exfoliator, then my skin definitely felt smoother when I use my hands. 

I'll need to experiment with it for a while.  I'm not sure what I like better... trying to distribute the facial clenser on my face using my hands first, or putting the cleanser directly on the Clarisonic brush.  Over time, I'll probably experiment with the diferent speeds and maybe try the "normal" brush head too (mine came with "sensitive").  Also, I felt like I kept getting soap in my eyes, since I was doing the forehead first, the suds were dribbling down into my eyes the whole time.  If anybody has tips, please share!

By the way, when you register your Clairsonic online, they'll email a coupon for $25 off $50 at their site... I'm going to use it on getting replacement brush heads.  Smiley Happy

I prefer using the cleanser on the brush. You might do better with the regular head than the sensitive head. I thought the regular head would be too harsh because they had the option for sensitive and delicate, but I've found that the regular head is DEFINITELY gentle enough to use with an exfoliator. I only exfoliate with microbeads, not shells or husks or anything with jagged edges, because I find that very harsh and potentially damaging. I didn't think the Purity was foamy. Were the suds from the microdelivery wash? I have the mia, so it doesn't beep or have adjustable settings. I just start out doing my cheeks and work my nose, forehead, neck  and chin into it as I see fit. I don't count or anything. I use Korres 3-in-1 Milk Proteins Cleansing Emulsion alternately with Neutrogena Naturals Pore Purifying Scrub with my Mia.

Neutrogena Naturals Pore Purifying Scrub?? I like the sounds of that! I'll have to run to a store & look at it. Just as if I NEED something new...

@daisy346: At least it won't break the bank at $7.99 for a 4oz tube. It smells fresh, but not overpowering and it's really gentle, but really works. I actually love it and will probably not replace it with something more expensive unless they change the formula. It's nice to get something that really works and that isn't bad for you at the drugstore!

Last week it took me three different stores to find a paraben and mineral oil free hand salve or cream. (I was getting 'nurse in the winter' hands)I finally ended up with Burt's Bees. It works really well and smells great!

I'm sold! I have to try the Neutrogena! I love Burts Bees products....in particular the lip balm. I used to always have terribly chapped lips in the winter time...then I'd chew them....it was bad. I tried all kinds of different things, both expensive & non, but nothing worked until my bf got me a tube of Burt's Bees lip balm. It's annoying when a man who has no interest in beauty products & hardly uses any himself, can solve a beauty problem that I can't! And me a VIB! How humilating. But I'm very grateful because a year later, still no chapped lips.

@daisy346 - My bf thinks that I shop at Sephora too much.  Smiley Sad  But I bought him Anthony Logistics shaving cream and the Matte For Men lip balm and he loves them both!  (I tried that shaving cream on my legs by the way, and it's awesome)  When I told him about the Clarisonic, he said that he wanted to see a "peer reviewed journal" with a studying showing why it was better.  So I told him that I'd look for something online.  And he said that I shouldn't trust what was online and so he looked in some database of journals (he's a doctor) and only one result came up and it was written by someone from the Clarisonic company, so he still didn't trust it.  Oh well, I bought it anyway, but I haven't told him yet.  LOL. 

@mermade - Thanks for the lowdown!  Tarte clay blush doesn't sound convincing at all!

Re: returns - I thought that all this time that if the product was in good shape, they were used as testers.  I don't see why they should throw something out when the test products on the floor are probably in a much worse shape than the stuff that are returned (unless something is really wrong with the product).

Oh, and since this is the confession thread: I finally caved and got the Naked Palette today. 

officegal wrote:

@mermade - Thanks for the lowdown!  Tarte clay blush doesn't sound convincing at all!

Oh, and since this is the confession thread: I finally caved and got the Naked Palette today. 

Oh! I hope I didn't make it sound bad! I actually like it better than the Tarte Cheek stain because it's easier to apply! Also, it's not scented, which might help some. I love that the Tarte cheek stain is scented, but some people hated it for that reason!

and  LOL!!! Did you get Naked at Sephora? ( here come the naked jokes again!)

I've never been aboard with the Tarte cheek stains, though I like the concept.  I don't like the sticky texture and the colour seems too sheer to me.  I guess I'll have to try the clay blush myself at some point and see.  Smiley Happy

Highlighted

@officegal: YOu will probably like the blush. It has deeper color saturation with less application. I like the cheek stain because I have combo skin: oily T/dry cheeks, and it works for that. Hopefully with the UD All Nighter Spray, it'll have more staying power.

Some of you asked for reviews of what I bought most recently, and I have some feedback.

UD All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray:

It lives up to the hype! This stuff REALLY keeps your makeup on. When I went to the spa yesterday, I of course put makeup on ( silly, I know). The first thing I did was go into the steam room. We are talking can almost not see the person across from me and my skin turned red in two minutes steam heat and humidity. Although all of my makeup didn't stay on perfectly, it was literally so hot and humid in the steam room that it was raining in there. I had to use soap and water to remove my makeup after that.

UD 24/7 Shadow Pencils:

Even AFTER I used soap and water to take off my makeup, the shadow pencil I used as eyeliner STAYED ON. So when they say this stuff is waterproof, they aren't kidding!

I have 4 colors and have decided to get more of them-- maybe even all of them. But as they aren't LTD edition, I'll take my time!

Thanks for the review! I'm interested in the setting spray. Having oily skin makes my makeup not stay on, no matter what primer I use.

daisy346 wrote:

Thanks for the review! I'm interested in the setting spray. Having oily skin makes my makeup not stay on, no matter what primer I use.

It won't make you not be shiny, but the makeup DEFINITELY stays put! They do have the De SLick make up setting spray, but it didn't get the 100% glowing reviews that the all nighter did, so that's why I got that one (I have combo/oily skin). Tenngal suggested using a mattifying primer with the regular spray to combat oil. I just figure, whatever I'll blot as needed. I think the oily skin keeps it looking younger for longer!

Even with a mattifying primer, I do need to blot several times throughout the day. But, like you said, the plus side is less wrinkles when I get older :-) I do want to try one of the setting sprays with my next order (which I'm being really good about delaying!)

Valentines day hauls, anyone?  Smiley Happy

I has happy to find the Stila Make Me Blush set (http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P280463&categoryId=C10463) at my local Sephora store, since it's sold out online.  The blush is super cute, but I haven't used it yet, because I'm afraid to mess it up.  haha. 

I also got my clarisonic order of brush heads... I got a body brush, a "normal" brush, and another "sensitive" brush.  The limited edition pink brushes are really cute. 

Also, my bf sent me a box for vday (our relationship is long distance right now) and it included a Sephora by OPI nail polish in Mermaid to Order.  Smiley Happy

Go serendipity01! What  a great haul!

I just stopped in my Sephora to return the Stila Make Me Blush set!  I bought it and then talked myself out of it.  I realized that I didn't actually want it and would rarely use it - I only wanted it because it was a fabulous deal.  All the ladies at the store thought I was nuts, I could hear them, "Ooh this is so cute!  Who was crazy enough to return this?!!"  LOL!  I got the new Airbrush Concealer brush instead and that was it!  Not much of a haul... but the stuff in my cart is expanding by the day so it's just a matter of time.

@kalex: Oh, that is tooo funny! I caved today, too. I ordered from UD. This is the first time in a LONG TIME since I've ordered something NOT from Sephora! I just couldn't wait anymore, pluse they sent me a great deal with the purchase of a new product that I "need!!"

I got the FUN palette and the new false eyelash mascara. I ended up with free shipping and a set of false eyelashes. The only 'bad' thing is that I didn't get to pick which lashes I wanted! At best it'll be something new to try, at worst it'll end up in a swap if I would never wear them! Smiley Very Happy