Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Haul Stars

Post your recent hauls!

I know a lot of us made resolutions to stop buying new things, but did you really pass up some of the post-holiday sales and deals as well as newly released limited edition goods?  Confess!  Smiley Very Happy

My recent items are:

TARINA TARANTINO Sparklicity Pure Gold (so pretty!)
LORAC Tie Dye For Lip Gloss Collection (great value)
TARINA TARANTINO Supernova Nail Lacquer - Starchild (50% off)
SEPHORA COLLECTION Daily Brush Cleaner To Go (morning staple for lazy days when I haven't cleaned my brushes)
BOSCIA Peppermint Blotting Linens ($6Cdn @ 3x)
CLARINS Instant Sun Shimmer Blush in Light (50% off)
BY TERRY Rouge Delectation Lipstick in Vanilla Cinnamon (50% off)

500 Point Perk:  Benefit Coralista (full size) and Bad Gal Mascara (deluxe sample)

Non-Sephora items:

MAC Soiree Nail Polish from the Cham Pale Collection

MAC Dangerous Cuvee Paint Pot from the Cham Pale Collection

Re: Post your recent hauls!

@katie1742: I think that if you are worried about sensitive skin, just get the "delicate" brush heads for your replacement heads. They have the regular that it comes with, sensitve, and delicate, delicate being the most gentle. I got those thinking that the regular would be too harsh, but honestly I use the regular head , er, regularly EVEN WITH exfoliating cleansers with jojoba beads and I haven't had any problems.

@everyone: Salespeople have no right to be judgemental-- like you said, it's not like it's coming out of their paycheck! I RARELY return. I read reviews religiously and only return something if it's broken or REALLY sucks. But the whole point of high prices of "designer" and non drug store makeup is that you should be able to return it if it doesn't work for you! Of course I'm not condoning returning things you've used for like three months!! That's just cheesey. Smiley Very Happy

mermadelove wrote:
But the whole point of high prices of "designer" and non drug store makeup is that you should be able to return it if it doesn't work for you! Of course I'm not condoning returning things you've used for like three months!! That's just cheesey. Smiley Very Happy

Which is funny because the super luxe designer department store in Canada (Holt Renfrew) won't let you return things if you've used them despite paying an arm and a leg.  I have a full bottle of an Armani foundation that doesn't match my face that I can't return because I stupidly used it a few times without realizing it oxidizes on my face.

But on the other hand, they won't let you walk out of the store with damaged/tainted goods either.  Yesterday I was trying to buy a pair of sunglasses (I lost my Michael Kors Smiley Sad) and there were only two remaining of the one I wanted in the store at the moment.  One was display, which I didn't want.  The second was fine but the saleswoman dropped it and gave it a scratch after I had already paid for it.  It was a tiny scratch but I didn't want to walk out with something that was damaged and she was super apologetic about it.  They're the same way when it comes to bags and purses, too... unlike some other places where the sales staff pretend like they don't see the damage mark on the item and treat you like you're delusional.

Not to get us totally back on topic of recent hauls, but I got the first of two expected packages today. Smiley Happy

As you may know, I have been experimenting with False eyelashes lately and so I started doing some research. Islandqt had suggested Ardell for a great drugstore brand of lashes, so I tied them out. Those were a win. I also tried NYC drugstore brand. Those were a TOTAL FAIL!!! So in googling across the web, I found that Ardell had a line called invisiband, which are supposed to have an invisible band once you put them on, so they are easier to put on without having to worry as much about masking the line, blah, blah. I haven't used them yet, but considering they came exactly as advertised, with free shipping, great turnaround time and were cheaper than what I pay at the drugstore, I'm happy with what I got in the mail!
THe invisibands ones that I got were as follows:

These are sterilized human hair

Lacies: really long, lush and full

Whispies: long criscross hairs

Fairies: short to medium to long alternating  length, tapered hairs

Scanties: tapered short to long clusters

Hotties: really long, tapered, alternating length hairs

These were clearly the special party time ones, synthetic hair, I think :

Sophisticated: long criss cross hairs with fine silver micro glitter

Romantic: long , dense criss cross hairs with dots of chunky irridescent glitter

@mermadelove - I've heard good things about the Sonia Kashuk Full Glam lashes from Target... have you tried those?  I've never tried false lashes before, but they look nice when I see them on other people and in photos.  I'm going to be a bridesmaid in a wedding in July and I'm thinking of wearing them for that, but I should probably try wearing some before then.  Smiley Happy 

serendipity01 wrote:

@mermadelove - I've heard good things about the Sonia Kashuk Full Glam lashes from Target... have you tried those?  I've never tried false lashes before, but they look nice when I see them on other people and in photos.  I'm going to be a bridesmaid in a wedding in July and I'm thinking of wearing them for that, but I should probably try wearing some before then.  Smiley Happy 

Unfortunately I live in rural VT and there isn't a Tar-ghay in this STATE!!!!! I know-- woe is me! But the next time I go I'll be sure to check them out. I hear good things about alot of that line!

And I do recommend practicing before the wedding! islandqt recommended some videos and they were great. If you just search on youtube for false eyelashes, you'll find a number of ways to put them on. Try them all until you find a way that works for you!

Hooooray -- I got my Clarisonic in the mail today!  Now to wait 24 hours for it to charge....... 

btw, did anyone try the Clarisonic brand cleansers that it comes with?  If so, what did you think of it?

Clarisonic, yay!

Just got the nars front row set, it contains:

- 0.14 oz Nouveau Monde Duo Eyeshadow (silver lilac/ rich olive gold)
- 0.02 oz Eyeliner Stylo in Nuits Blanches (shiny black)
- 0.28 oz Lip Gloss in Orgasm (sheer warm pink with golden shimmer)
- 0.14 oz Mini Multiple in Palm Springs (golden beige)

The eye shadow, lip gloss and multiple are stunning.  The only other Nars product I have used is lipstick so I'm excited to try these. 

I tried it. It's Ok, I packed it with my travel cleansers but Iwouldn't buy it again on it's own. I like using my favorites.

serendipity01 wrote:

Hooooray -- I got my Clarisonic in the mail today!  Now to wait 24 hours for it to charge....... 

btw, did anyone try the Clarisonic brand cleansers that it comes with?  If so, what did you think of it?

Clarisonic, yay!

*stares lustfully at the Clarisonic*  Smiley Happy

Today I caved and got the new Smashbox In Bloom shadow palette. 

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P277600&categoryId=C10905

But I got it from Shoppers Drug Mart where they were giving out a $10 giftcard with purchases above $50 (this palette is Cdn$55).  Soooo... not as bad as could have been?  Anyway, it's SO PRETTY!!!

@officegal: I'm staring lustfully at that Clarisonic, too!

*one day! (and preferably sooner, rather than later)*

@anaa: I recently bought a NARS collection, too! This one was called Tainted Love, and it had an Angelika Multiple and gloss, and Schiap nail polish. All are hot pink, but the gloss and the multiple both can look natural on. Schiap looks like true HOT pink -- circa Crayola Fluorescent Crayons circa 1987. Love!

: )

FINALLY got my latest haul from Sephora. It was delayed due to the massive snow storm! So far I've used 2 of the 4 UD shadow pencils I finally settled on (Delinquent and Morphine) , the new Tarte Amazoniam clay blush in Blissful, Tarte LipSurgence Stain in Enchanted, anf the UD All Nighter Spray. I'll rport back later on how everything held up today! I can already tell you that I love the colors on everything. I was a little worried about the Tarte blush because I got the dark peach one instead of the coral one. Ithought it would be too intense. Fortunately, like most Tarte products, it has buildable coverage so it didn't end up looking silly. Smiley Happy

@katie - I have the Schiapp polish and love it in the summer.  Smiley Happy

@mermade - Do review for us!  I'm so curious about the Tarte clay blush.  I hated their clay eyeliner which dried and shrivelled up in the pot within weeks after being opened.  :/

Ok so it is now 9 hours later and my makeup still looks great. I attribute this at least partially to the fact that I finished off with my brand new UD All Nighter Makeup setting spray. Usually I find that the Tarte cheek stain I use vanishes after about 5 hours. I like a very natural look so I only put on three relatively thin layers, so that may be why. Today I used the new Tarte Amazonian Clay blush and it looks as good now as when I put it on. IT's supposed to be a 12 hour blush, but like I said, I used the UDAN spray as well.

I really like my makeup look today. It's a composite of new haul, TSB 1 products I swapped and shop your own stash products.

I used UDPP in Greed ( shimmering gold) as a base and highlight at the browbone and under my eyes, tokikdoki dark gold and copper from the robbery palette that I haven't used in a few months on my lower lid and upper lashline respectively, brand spanking new UD 24/7 eye pencils in delinquent ( outer upper and lower lash line) and morphine upper inner lashline. Absolutely love this look, especially with the dark and light purple blending into one another for upper lid eyeliner over the copper and gold. So wish I had a higher resolution camera so that I could share this look with you!
On my lips I used Tarte lip stain in Enchanted. The color lasted through breakfast without moving, which impressed me. , I found that the stain lasted about 4-6 hours before I had to reapply it. Once it was off my lips were a little dry, but when I reapplied, they got moisturized again. This also happens for me with Korres lip butters. So far, the only lip glosses I have found that leave my lips better than they started are UD pocket Rocket and Buxom.

After the Tarte Lip stain came off the second time, I used a coppery Laura Mercier gloss I hauled from TSB one.

I'll let you know how that wore!

Smiley Happy

@mermadelove: I've been curious about the clay blush! It just got a good write up in a magazine (I forget which one...Allure? Marie Claire?). I love the Tarte lip stains, but so far I don't own any.

: )

This is all so interesting! I've had my eye on that Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush. I don't know how long I can hold off on buying it....aaghhhh. I'm trying to cut out small purchases & get the Clarisonic. Seeing that pic made me want it even more! Let us know how it works, serendipity.

I'm a little late, but re: returns- do you think that's true, that they have to throw out opened products? I always imagined they can use them for testers. I've never returned an opened product...the only time I've returned is when I bought something I didn't really need & had buyer's remorse. However, I like knowing I have the option of returning an opened product if it breaks me out or looks really bad on. I think there are a lot of people who abuse the system though.

I used the Clarisonic for the first time last night.  I normally use Philosophy's Purity, followed by Philosophy's Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash every night, and that leaves my skin feeling smooth.  So, when reading through all the Clarisonic reviews that said that the brush made their skin feel so smooth, I was thinking - well, so does my exfoliator.  Anyway, I got it anyway and last night I planned on using the Clarisonic on "low" and only using Purity.  First of all, I kinda screwed up on the whole timer/beeping thing.  I knew that I was going to do my forehead (20 seconds) first, but then I couldn't remember if that was followed by the 10 seconds for each cheek or the 20 second nose/chin.  I had a 50/50 chance of guessing correctly, but luck was not in my favor and I did it wrong.  Not a big deal.  After using purity, I was not all that impressed by the way that my skin felt, so I used it again, this time with the microdelivery exfoliating wash (and I got the beeping/timer thing right the 2nd time.  haha).  After using the Clarisonic w/ the exfoliator, then my skin definitely felt smoother when I use my hands. 

I'll need to experiment with it for a while.  I'm not sure what I like better... trying to distribute the facial clenser on my face using my hands first, or putting the cleanser directly on the Clarisonic brush.  Over time, I'll probably experiment with the diferent speeds and maybe try the "normal" brush head too (mine came with "sensitive").  Also, I felt like I kept getting soap in my eyes, since I was doing the forehead first, the suds were dribbling down into my eyes the whole time.  If anybody has tips, please share!

By the way, when you register your Clairsonic online, they'll email a coupon for $25 off $50 at their site... I'm going to use it on getting replacement brush heads.  Smiley Happy

serendipity01 wrote:

I used the Clarisonic for the first time last night.  I normally use Philosophy's Purity, followed by Philosophy's Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash every night, and that leaves my skin feeling smooth.  So, when reading through all the Clarisonic reviews that said that the brush made their skin feel so smooth, I was thinking - well, so does my exfoliator.  Anyway, I got it anyway and last night I planned on using the Clarisonic on "low" and only using Purity.  First of all, I kinda screwed up on the whole timer/beeping thing.  I knew that I was going to do my forehead (20 seconds) first, but then I couldn't remember if that was followed by the 10 seconds for each cheek or the 20 second nose/chin.  I had a 50/50 chance of guessing correctly, but luck was not in my favor and I did it wrong.  Not a big deal.  After using purity, I was not all that impressed by the way that my skin felt, so I used it again, this time with the microdelivery exfoliating wash (and I got the beeping/timer thing right the 2nd time.  haha).  After using the Clarisonic w/ the exfoliator, then my skin definitely felt smoother when I use my hands. 

I'll need to experiment with it for a while.  I'm not sure what I like better... trying to distribute the facial clenser on my face using my hands first, or putting the cleanser directly on the Clarisonic brush.  Over time, I'll probably experiment with the diferent speeds and maybe try the "normal" brush head too (mine came with "sensitive").  Also, I felt like I kept getting soap in my eyes, since I was doing the forehead first, the suds were dribbling down into my eyes the whole time.  If anybody has tips, please share!

By the way, when you register your Clairsonic online, they'll email a coupon for $25 off $50 at their site... I'm going to use it on getting replacement brush heads.  Smiley Happy

I prefer using the cleanser on the brush. You might do better with the regular head than the sensitive head. I thought the regular head would be too harsh because they had the option for sensitive and delicate, but I've found that the regular head is DEFINITELY gentle enough to use with an exfoliator. I only exfoliate with microbeads, not shells or husks or anything with jagged edges, because I find that very harsh and potentially damaging. I didn't think the Purity was foamy. Were the suds from the microdelivery wash? I have the mia, so it doesn't beep or have adjustable settings. I just start out doing my cheeks and work my nose, forehead, neck  and chin into it as I see fit. I don't count or anything. I use Korres 3-in-1 Milk Proteins Cleansing Emulsion alternately with Neutrogena Naturals Pore Purifying Scrub with my Mia.

Neutrogena Naturals Pore Purifying Scrub?? I like the sounds of that! I'll have to run to a store & look at it. Just as if I NEED something new...

@daisy346: At least it won't break the bank at $7.99 for a 4oz tube. It smells fresh, but not overpowering and it's really gentle, but really works. I actually love it and will probably not replace it with something more expensive unless they change the formula. It's nice to get something that really works and that isn't bad for you at the drugstore!

Last week it took me three different stores to find a paraben and mineral oil free hand salve or cream. (I was getting 'nurse in the winter' hands)I finally ended up with Burt's Bees. It works really well and smells great!

I'm sold! I have to try the Neutrogena! I love Burts Bees products....in particular the lip balm. I used to always have terribly chapped lips in the winter time...then I'd chew them....it was bad. I tried all kinds of different things, both expensive & non, but nothing worked until my bf got me a tube of Burt's Bees lip balm. It's annoying when a man who has no interest in beauty products & hardly uses any himself, can solve a beauty problem that I can't! And me a VIB! How humilating. But I'm very grateful because a year later, still no chapped lips.

@daisy346 - My bf thinks that I shop at Sephora too much.  Smiley Sad  But I bought him Anthony Logistics shaving cream and the Matte For Men lip balm and he loves them both!  (I tried that shaving cream on my legs by the way, and it's awesome)  When I told him about the Clarisonic, he said that he wanted to see a "peer reviewed journal" with a studying showing why it was better.  So I told him that I'd look for something online.  And he said that I shouldn't trust what was online and so he looked in some database of journals (he's a doctor) and only one result came up and it was written by someone from the Clarisonic company, so he still didn't trust it.  Oh well, I bought it anyway, but I haven't told him yet.  LOL. 

73 Replies