Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Haul Stars

Post your recent hauls!

I know a lot of us made resolutions to stop buying new things, but did you really pass up some of the post-holiday sales and deals as well as newly released limited edition goods?  Confess!  Smiley Very Happy

My recent items are:

TARINA TARANTINO Sparklicity Pure Gold (so pretty!)
LORAC Tie Dye For Lip Gloss Collection (great value)
TARINA TARANTINO Supernova Nail Lacquer - Starchild (50% off)
SEPHORA COLLECTION Daily Brush Cleaner To Go (morning staple for lazy days when I haven't cleaned my brushes)
BOSCIA Peppermint Blotting Linens ($6Cdn @ 3x)
CLARINS Instant Sun Shimmer Blush in Light (50% off)
BY TERRY Rouge Delectation Lipstick in Vanilla Cinnamon (50% off)

500 Point Perk:  Benefit Coralista (full size) and Bad Gal Mascara (deluxe sample)

Non-Sephora items:

MAC Soiree Nail Polish from the Cham Pale Collection

MAC Dangerous Cuvee Paint Pot from the Cham Pale Collection

Re: Post your recent hauls!

I also work a block away from a Sephora and it's torture.  There was a time when I was there nearly every day and the amount of things I accrued were at an insane level.  But after a season like that, you do get a "Sephora fatigue syndrome" and stop visiting for a while.  And then when you go back after having spent time away, you go nuts all over again.  It's a vicious cycle, ladies.  We may have to take drastic measures and cut up our Beauty Insider cards!  Smiley Wink

Online shopping is my downfall.  I rarely actually walk into a Sephora.  There's too much stuff for my kids to touch and it drives me insane - especially those little beads that fill the brush containers.  Those dang things just scream for my kids to dig their fingers in there!

But on the occassion that I do go in - I've never walked out without buying a least one thing I didn't plan on.

@Kalex: For some reason, I am much better with the online shopping. I hardly ever impulse buy online. But when you go to the store, there are all these lovely displays....... You can't HELP but look! And when you look, you may as well try, because you can't try before you buy online........It saves you having to return something in the mail when you buy online., Of course once you try and like, you end up buying because now that you know it's lovely, you have to have it........ >:/

yes, the stores are so good at displaying something so attractively that you have to go over and touch and feel and try ....  and then say..  "oh!  I can find a good use for this!"  and boom!  it is already in your basket and you have paid for it.. 

then I come home and I remind myself that I should spend less...  but that is not possible.  My main problem is like officegal.  I stay away for a while and control myself, then spend hundreds.  

Oh well!  It is all in the name of beauty.  Can't beat that!  Smiley Happy 

@ The ladies who work near a sephora, I have NO clue how you do it!  I would be there during every lunch break, tell myself that I'm exercising on the walk over Smiley Tongue

I have stuff that I've bought that is collecting dust because I keep buying stuff and not using them as often.  This is how I know it's getting really bad.  So I'm trying to REALLY control buying things I don't need or haven't extensively researched or sought after.  Next on my list is the UD Shadow Pencils, and I'm still going back/forth about the UD 24/7 liners.  I'm trying to wait until the next VIB perk!

I'm really hoping the TSB's will help curb the spending!!!

runy wrote:

@ The ladies who work near a sephora, I have NO clue how you do it!  I would be there during every lunch break, tell myself that I'm exercising on the walk over

Why, that is EXACTLY what I tell myself!!!  LOL

@runy: 

runy wrote:

@ The ladies who work near a sephora, I have NO clue how you do it!  I would be there during every lunch break, tell myself that I'm exercising on the walk over

Um, yep, that's pretty much it. I have no discipline! I'm weak! I stayed away for a few weeks (okay, maybe a week) when one sales associate was like, "Heh...you're back!" and I was embarrassed...but it's funny -- the things you don't think you "need" until you stop by...my thought process goes from "Oh, I'll just take a quick look; don't have a lot of time anyway!..." to "Well,this is kind of nice..." to "Wait, I REALLY like this..." to guilt: "Well, ______ is really similar, and you have that..." to rationalization and denial: "Nope, NO, it definitely is not...this one is DIFFERENT!" and: "But I NEED this, because..."

Hahaha...obviously I'm being *slightly* dramatic -- it's not as if I spend $500 a week -- but I seriously need to cut back.

Smiley Tongue

@katie1724 - Your story reminds me of the time I was constantly in and out of Sephora because I was doing the bridal party's makeup for my sister's wedding and one salesgirl was always asking me, "How's the wedding prep going?"   It's weird, the slight embarrassment that we feel for being caught at Sephora too often!  I did my best to keep things strictly related to wedding stuff but I'm sure a lot of my personal stash also grew during that phase, in the name of "experimenting" and "testing."  Ahhhh, good times.

So for this year I have been trying to cut back on my Sephora spending since my UPS guy automatically thinks there is a package for me when he sees a sephora box on his truck....I do live close to a store, but my store isn't too big, so I have to get a lot of things online (including the UD 24/7 15th anniversary set).  So far in 2011 I have gotten:

A train case

Urban Decay 24/7 15th anniversary eyeliner set

Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. 3

Bliss perfume/naked body butter set

Glee mini nail polish set (as a present for my niece)

Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner duo with sharpener in Whiskey and Flipside

I am trying to hold back haha!  I can't wait to see what Urban Decay's next anniversary item is going to be.....

I wonder what my UPS guy thinks. Especially when I get two Sephora boxes on the same day or two in a week!

Tags (1)

I gave in and bought the new Dior Gris Montaigne nail polish, which is absolutely gorgeous.  I also bought the Clinique Chubby Stick while I was at it.  I had been waiting for both eagerly, especially the nail polish.  Have a look!

img 016.jpg

img 013.jpg

OMG! I LOVE that. That looks so awesome! Smiley Happy

@officegal: That's gorgeous! I love the color : )

In terms of hauls, I *so* want a Clarisonic, so that might be my next big purchase...and, naturally, I fell in love with the NARS pink set (it totally grew on me!), but I did return the eye shadow, and I'm going to return a lipstick I got from Bobbi Brown...it's pretty, but it didn't "wow" me enough to justify it. I feel better about it because I never opened or swatched it -- I tried it on in the store, and when I saw it a little later, I didn't like it as much at all. Return! (I love returns almost as much as I love buying...)

: )

officegal - I love that nail polish! 

This weekend I picked up the new OPI "Black Shatter" top coat from the Katy Perry collection.  I'll attach a picture, but sorry it looks messy because I just painted over the polish I've been wearing for the past week (Zoya's "Pasha", which is sort of a putty/brownish/greyish color).  I think it would be interesting if they made it in other colors as well.  I'm not sure now I'm liking this black... I'll have to try it over other colors.

I also just ordered a Clarisonic Pro!  I originally wanted the grey one, but it was hard to find (hard enough trying to get the "pro" version), so I settled for white.  I'm still really excited about it, though... can't wait till it comes in the mail.  Smiley Happy

I have my eye on the new Stila blush with the heart pattern that's on the Sephora homepage too!  So cute!  I wonder if there will be a good VIB promo for February....

OPI Black Shatter

I LOVE that finish, Sarithor!

And ladies I bought a Clarisonic Mia laast year during the friends and family sale. BEST purchase I ever made. The first one I got was defective, so when I went to visit my parents for Thansgiving, I brought it with me and exchanged it in person ( I buy online99% of the time) because I didn't want to be without it for two weeks or more!

If you go to the Clarisonic website they have thme in laveder, white, aqua, white with pink hearts AND you can have them personalized!!!!

IF mine ever breaks I'm totally getting a personalized one in lavender......or aqua........ Smiley Very Happy

P.S. I should be getting my most recent haul tomorrow, so I'll post all about it once I've played with stuff!!!!

Hey, we should review our hauls here with each other! Then we can ask each other specific questions and get quick turnaround, unlike on the Sephora.com reviews.

@mermadelove, @serendipity01: I really want the yellow Mia -- the only thing that's keeping me from buying it is that it's only one speed, and my skin tends to be on the dry side and at times a little sensitive. For that reason, I wanted the Plus or the Pro...but I may not need more than one speed. I've read many reviews (for the Mia), and the vast majority of them are positive, including from people with dry and/or sensitive skin...so I think I'm leaning toward the Mia (and it comes in yellow!!!).

: )

@katie1724, that's so funny! I do that too (buy and return). It's a habit I'm trying to break, actually. I'll break down & buy stuff, then by the next day I realize I don't need it and I'll end up returning it. Returning things has saved me a lot of money, though. There's something satisfying about it...it feels like money in my pocket. I do keep a large portion of the things I buy, otherwise my makeup drawers wouldn't be bulging.

I've decided I'm getting the Clarasonic Mia. I feel like I should wait for some kind of discount though- 10% or 20% or whatever. On something that expensive it'll make a big difference.

@daisy346: I think I've decided on the Mia, too! Is it weird that I really want the yellow one (not sold at Sephora)? I don't want to sacrifice the points...and I do want to wait for a 10 or 20% off, but I want to buy it soon because I'm anxious to try it...hmmm...

I love doing returns, but they have to be items I've never touched. I feel too guilty to return things I've even swatched! I know Sephora's policy is to take back "gently used" items, but once when I was returning, the cashier made a face and was like, "You used this..." but I hadn't at all! I just said, "No, I didn't even open it..." and she was like, "Well, it sure looks like it, and when you use things, we have to throw them away..." (insert pointed look in my direction). Now, I completely understand that customers must abuse their policy all the time (meaning, trying to return half-used items that do not fall under the "gently used" category) so I *do* understand where she was coming from, but I was so embarrassed!

So sometimes I feel too guilty to return, thinking of that makeup going to waste (if they really do throw it out). It would be one thing if they made it into testers, but that was not the implication (and maybe they can't for hygiene reasons?). As a result, I *try* to be more discerning about what I buy. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't Smiley Tongue

Thanks, all!

@serendipity - I love your nails!  I'm fascinated by the shatter but it's not my style so I'm not going to buy it.  Looks great on others, though!

Re: returns - I don't like to return unless a product really lets me down.  One, cuz I'm lazy.  Two, I don't like dealing with judgy salespeople.  Like, what's it to them if someone returns something?  I realize it can turn into waste but it's not like the cost of the item is being deducted from their paycheck.  Once I kept a new blouse in the plastic bag for a long time before I took it back to return it, and the reason for returning it was that I didn't try it on at the store and I later discovered that my hand would NOT pass through the wrist opening of the blouse!  But the salesgirl was incredibly judgmental and practically snarled at me as to whether I had worn it.  I was like, "LOOK IT DOESN'T FIT, you snarky -beeeeeeeep."  Ugh.  I'd rather not buy something than deal with that.  And I never returned to that store again.

80 Replies