Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Haul Stars

Post your recent hauls!

I know a lot of us made resolutions to stop buying new things, but did you really pass up some of the post-holiday sales and deals as well as newly released limited edition goods?  Confess!  Smiley Very Happy

My recent items are:

TARINA TARANTINO Sparklicity Pure Gold (so pretty!)
LORAC Tie Dye For Lip Gloss Collection (great value)
TARINA TARANTINO Supernova Nail Lacquer - Starchild (50% off)
SEPHORA COLLECTION Daily Brush Cleaner To Go (morning staple for lazy days when I haven't cleaned my brushes)
BOSCIA Peppermint Blotting Linens ($6Cdn @ 3x)
CLARINS Instant Sun Shimmer Blush in Light (50% off)
BY TERRY Rouge Delectation Lipstick in Vanilla Cinnamon (50% off)

500 Point Perk:  Benefit Coralista (full size) and Bad Gal Mascara (deluxe sample)

Non-Sephora items:

MAC Soiree Nail Polish from the Cham Pale Collection

MAC Dangerous Cuvee Paint Pot from the Cham Pale Collection

Re: Post your recent hauls!

I enjoy browsing the makeup at Walgreens and Walmart.  Walgreens sometimes has little testers, but not all the time.  I've even received samples from Walgreens in packets.  That's how I first tried the Neutrogena Shine Control makeup. 

I believe they have stepped up their game a lot.  I currently want to try the Maybelline Color Whisper lip products.  I love the Revlon lip butters, but I'm curious about Maybelline's take on them.  Neutrogena has some new products I want to try as well.  So far, I have been pleased with each Neutrogena products I've tried, and my skin has been happy with them. 

KIMMI---Drugstore wise, I like browsing at CVS and Target. No one bothers me there and CVS does have *some* testers out for certain items and sometimes they even have little sample packets that you can take home and try. But places (besides Sephora, ULTA and department stores) that I *really* love testing makeup out are natural health food stores like Whole Foods, Sprouts, Natural Grocers, and Central Market. They all have testers out, and whole foods especially has testing supplies on a table with chairs (alcohol, sponges--really NICE big thick triangle sponges btw, lip applicators, mascara wands, makeup removers, the WHOLE SHINDIG, I'm like a kid in a candy store in there! They even have this built in 2 sides mirror that you use standing up.) I'm a all natural gal when it comes to skincare, I dont really care about ingredients in makeup because it stays on top off your skin until you wash it off. Skincare gets absorbed into your bloodstream). But I am soooo *impressed* with the natural brands out there right now! Gabriel Cosmetics, GLOMINERALS, Zuzu luxe, Mineral Fusion, Dr Hauschka etc. I have a couple of Gabriel Cosmetics lipsticks that are CRAZY pigmented, such gorgeous color and they dont dry out my lips! I want to try the Zuzu liquid foundation (I think that L3, the lightest shade is my perfect match). I also have the Glominerals highlighter and its my number 1 luminizer!

I wish there was a Target in my town.  There are ones in the neighboring towns, but Walmart is a monopoly in my town.  An unorganized, messy one at that lol.  I was going through Target back in December, and I noticed they carry OPI polish!  I was amazed! lol.

When I went to Earth Fare last Friday, I skimmed through their makeup and skin care section to check out cuticle creams.  I never really noticed how much they carried, but I was impressed.  I didn't know anything about the brands, except for Burt's Bees, but it's awesome how natural stores carry those products.  I just don't know what to try first lol. 

Kimmi-----The Burts Bees brand is very dear to me because its the very first all natural brand that I got attached to, because of this brand I went online and did a lot of research on natural vs chemical skincare. To this day I still use a ton of their stuff and I would say that I tried 85-90% of the entire line so far. I know of a lot of their products that have been discontinued like their makeup line (such a shame, they had the most perfect TM). They make my absolute FAVE drugstore lipsticks right now, the lip shimmers, I have 4 in my everyday purse because I cant be without them ever lol. I love the formula, so creamy, moisturizing, slighty minty, and pigmented! It looks like a tiny little tube but it takes forever to use one up. And I always always rebuy whatever shade I ran out of even though I have a drawerful of high end lipsticks and glosses. That good. And they are affordable. The lip shimmers are 5 bucks each and last me just as long as any other drugstore lipstick. I have YET to find a better drugstore lipstick. If you dont have a Target near you, look for a TJ Maxx or Marshalls. They carry a TON of OPI, Sephora by OPI and Orly nailpolishes for $3.99 or less. They even have limited edition sets that come in packs of 2 by OPI and I think those are $5.99.

Hmm I msy need to try out Walgreens. There is one close to my house but I always go yo CVS instead and they dont have any teststers or sample packets (atbleast the ones by me)!

I also want to try the Maybelline Whispers.  I saw some at Walmart this weekend and resisted. I did pick up another Color Tattoo in Inked in Pink. I saw something online about jumbo lip pencils from Neutragena that seemed really good. I may check those out too. 

When you first go into Walgreens, pick up a coupon booklet.  There's usually some coupons on cosmetic products in them lol.  With some products, you can get a dollar or two off when you check out at the cosmetics register.  As a college kid, I love saving a buck or two lol.

Is the Inked in Pink as pretty as it is in pictures? It looks like a gorgeous pink for Spring.  I saw the Neutrogena lip pencils when I passed through Walgreens, and they remind me of the Clinique ones.  I've not tried the Clinique ones, but I'm willing to guess that Neutrogena could be considered the Clinique of the drugstore cosmetics. 

The Neutrogena products I've used and been happy with are two different concealers (one had an undereye cream in it and my correct one is brightening), Shine Control Makeup (light coverage and helps with the shine issue), Shine Control Primer (works, but I only use it during the summer), and the Healthy Skin Enhancer (kind of like a TM since it's sheer, has that retinol stuff, and SPF). 

Thanks for the coupon booklet tip! I will definitely do it! Smiley Happy

Yes! The Inked in Pink is gorgeous! I put it on for the first time today and it was too pretty to put shadows over! I have it on my lid alone with a little bit of a soft brown in my crease and some simple black liner and mascara. I love it....i think i discovered my V-day eye look! Simple, but pretty!

I have used a lot of the Neutragena skin care products but haven't really ventured into their makeup except for a mascara. their foundations always intrigue me as I know they should be good for my skin but I get so frustrated picking foundation shades whe I cant test them that I usually just walk away. Those Shine Control products sound nice...I will have to check them out at Wallgreens Smiley Happy

You're welcome! 

That sounds like a stunning look for Valentine's Day!  Sometimes it is hard to beat something simple and pretty. 

I have trouble trying to match shades, too.  I stare at the bottle, the little pull out thing that tries to help you match, and at my skin.  Luckily, Walgreens and CVS have return policies lol.

Very true! I bet drug stores would save money by having testers....that way people would be less likely to return! Oh well, i still love drug store makeup shopping! Smiley Wink

Is the Maybelline Color Tattoo super intense like a cream eyeliner? or can I have a sheer/med coverage by applying with a brush? Because all the pictures shown it being super intense, I have the bright orange one but haven't decide what to do with it yet.

Yes, they are very intense.  I haven't tried the Pomegranate one yet, but I have another champaigne color and it is bold (well, as bold as champaigne gets Smiley Wink ) - I have also seen swatches of the colors, and they are vibrant.  I think if you use your finger to apply and blend it well you may get a softer look.  I usually use with a brush and use the product as a base for shadow products or wear it alone with some liner and mascara. 

The selection of drug store products is pretty decent. I feel like I get lost in the make up section when I am at Target. I, too, wish there were testers, but thats ok Smiley Happy

I started my makeup collection with Sephora years ago and just now discovering some really good finds at the drugstore!  It's like a whole new playground.....

I agree.  I enjoy going drug store makeup shopping.  I find excuses now to stop at CVS, Rite Aid, etc.  Smiley Happy    My only gripe is the that there are no testers.  It would be nice to get to swatch some shadows/blushes before purchase and it makes it almost impossible to match foundation!!

I am still holding to my goal of not purchasing anything new - makeup, clothing, shoes, purses etc - and so far so good.

I did however organize my Sephora samples and Point Perks minis into categories so when I get an overwhelming urge to try something new, It's fast and easy...

That's really smart. I think I may try something like that soon because my beauty and skincare purchases are getting a little out of hand. 

From the drug store- 

Maybelline Color Tattoo in Inked in Pink, Pomegranate Punk, Bad to the Bronze, and Tough as Taupe

Maybelline Cleansing Lotion

Urban Decay Deluxe Shadow Box- 50% off

From & since Christmas at Sephora-

Sephora Lots of Lip

LORAC Pro Palette

Sephora Collection brushes- 28, 18 74, IT medium shader & cream blush

Stila In the Light Palette

Korres Cherry Full Color Gloss in 25 & 54

NARS Duo eyeshadow in Silk Road (which I ended up returning)

Urban Decay 24/7 Lip Pencil in Ozone

BI 500 point reward- Laura Mercier

Birthday gift from Benefit

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer

Shiseido The Makeup Dual Balancing Foundation (which I absolutely adore)

NARS Blush in Outlaw- wanted something with a little more flush than my Deep Throat

Peter Thomas Roth Glycolic Acid 10% Moisturizer

and last, LORAC Close Up Kit

Highlighted

Christmas shopping started an obsession Smiley Happy

:-) I picked up some gifts for my daughter plus a $10 size "they're real' for me.  

then bought the Nars mini's with plans as SS  kept 4 Gave 1 away.  Love the feel on my lips and nice neutral colors

Then wentlooking for a mask and launched into skincare overhaul:

Origins Start over

origins Night a mins

Cheeks and balancez -love hoeit smells

Ginzing sample - dont seeit did much for my dark circles

origins drink up mask

Then zhad my VIB makeover...JM Argan oil came home with me.

skin care event got samples of Perricone  pour minimizer and finishing cream -wow what a difference.  I bought  the finishing cream so far.  I have some reaction I think to the pour minimizer, but I put it near mouth So letting skin settle back down

Sephora is now so close to me..plaza I drop my daughteroff to work..its hard Not stopping in..

There was More..but thats for another post 

Since Christmas:

Fresh Sugar Lip Polish

Clinique BB Cream

Carols Daughter Monoi Hair Mask

Peter Thomas Roth Max Complexion Correction Pads

Origins Clear Improvement Charcoal Mask

Benefit Coralista

Makeup For Ever Pro Finish Powder Foudation

Sephora Collection Baked Eyeshadow Palatte- in the nude

Jack Black Lip Balm

YSL Stain

Smiley Happy

LOVE Jack Black Lip Balm!

I've been making purchases on sephora.com or at the store every week since December. lol I told myself I would just get a new mascara and a couple of different lip gloss colors and a new blush. RIGHT!!!! So I started off buying:

Light Blue Perfume

Philosophy Skincare Set

Philosophy Power C because i saw it advertised on a talk show.

Sephora Collection Concealer

Laura Mercier Finishing Powder

Then Im on line buying:

Sephora Collection nano eyeliner box set

Smashbox lip gloss set

Sephora Collection black eyeshadow

Perfume Sampler

Charlotte Ronson face and Body Glow in Amanda

Smashbox High Shine Lip Gloss in Va Va Violet

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer

Sephora Collection Felt Liner (which i dont care for)

Bliss Mistletoe Musts for Hands and Lips

Sephora Collection eyeshadow (in many colors)

Sephora Collection Ultra Vinyl Lip Pencil in 4 colors (really love this! I color in my lips with it and sometimes add lip gloss over but its not necessary!)

Bumble & Bumble Curl Conscious Creme (don't like this very much)

Buxom Lip Gloss (dont like the brush at all)

BTW- do you see the mascara in here yet? no? because it doesnt come until MUCH MUCH later! lol

and so on......... There were many more purchases!

This past weekend I finally bought new brushes. yayyyy

I kind of laughed when I read your post because I just order a few things online and a few days before that I had made an in-store purchase haha. I can't get enough of Sephora 

Since December I have purchased:

Origins Out of Trouble
Clinique Dramatically Different moisturizing lotion
Gucci Flora (original)
and the 500pt Argon Essentials

MAC brush cleansor
MAC minerlized skin finish natural 

I feel embarrassed because I'm at my local Sephora like twice a week and all the employees know me and I feel like they hate me for being in there so often, LOL. This is what I've gotten since Christmas:

Murad Clarifying Toner

Urban Decay De-Slick in a Tube

Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer Light

Lancome Mascara Deluxe Sample Trio (promo)

Dior Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara (100pt perk)

Algenist Firming and Lifting Cream (100pt perk)

Soap & Glory Butter Yourself Body Cream

Peter Thomas Roth Gentle Complexion Corrector Pads

Murad Smoothing Gel Cleanser

Murad Time Release Acne Cleanser

Benefit Cosmetics The Porefessional

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Oil-Free

Benefit Eye Bright

Benefit Ooh La Lift

Tarte BB Tinted Treatment (deluxe sample)

Korres Pomegranate Balancing Cream-Gel Moisturizer

Ole Henriksen The Naked Truth Kit

OPI Nail Polish in Mermaid to Order

Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid Liner in Perversion

OPI Blasted Nail Color in Gold

Korres Lip Butter Glaze in Raspberry

OPI Nail Polish in Hi Def

Skincare Sample Bag

Algenist Regenerative Anti-Aging Lotion (100pt perk)

Bliss The Youth As We Know It  Anti-Aging Moisture Cream (100pt perk)

Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid Liner in Bobby Dazzle

Amazing Cosmetics Amazing Concealer To Go

Sephora Pro Precision Concealer Brush

Ole Henriksen Truth Is in the Eyes

Yu-Be Foaming Skin Polish

Soap & Glory Hand Food deluxe sample

Fresh Soy Face Cleanser (100pt perk)

Fresh Sugar Lip Polish deluxe sample

Josie Maran Argan Oil

Fresh Soy Face Exfoliant

Glamglow Super Mud Clearing Treatment

MUFE Rouge Artist Natural in N4

Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips

Stila Smudge Pot in Kitten

Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid Liner in Smog

Clinique Chubby Stick in Mega Melon (100pt perk)

OPI Jewelry Top Coat in Indi-go with the Flow

OPI Nail Polish in A-ha! Moment

Clinique Airbrush Concealer

OPI Blasted Nail Color in Black

Sephora Daily Brush Cleaner

Tarte Deluxe Sample Trio

Tarte MultiplEYE Lash Enhancing Liquid Liner

Sephora X Shine Top Coat

Murad Skin Perfection Lotion for Oily/Blemish Prone Skin

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in El Dorado and Underground

Nars Blush in Orgasm

OPI Nail Polish in S-Age Is Just a Number

Phyto Anti Dandruff Shampoo

o m g that took so long. Most of this stuff is bought with gift cards and a lot of it was Christmas presents too.

OMG, I am, too! I work right near one and sometimes I stop by afterward, or at lunch just to look around. I never bother anyone and I almost always buy something, but I'm still embarrassed because I know some of the employees must recognize me and I have no idea what they're probably thinking -- haha. If I didn't work near the store, I wouldn't go that frequently, but there it is, just to tempt me! Smiley Happy