Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Haul Stars

Post your recent hauls!

I know a lot of us made resolutions to stop buying new things, but did you really pass up some of the post-holiday sales and deals as well as newly released limited edition goods?  Confess!  Smiley Very Happy

My recent items are:

TARINA TARANTINO Sparklicity Pure Gold (so pretty!)
LORAC Tie Dye For Lip Gloss Collection (great value)
TARINA TARANTINO Supernova Nail Lacquer - Starchild (50% off)
SEPHORA COLLECTION Daily Brush Cleaner To Go (morning staple for lazy days when I haven't cleaned my brushes)
BOSCIA Peppermint Blotting Linens ($6Cdn @ 3x)
CLARINS Instant Sun Shimmer Blush in Light (50% off)
BY TERRY Rouge Delectation Lipstick in Vanilla Cinnamon (50% off)

500 Point Perk:  Benefit Coralista (full size) and Bad Gal Mascara (deluxe sample)

Non-Sephora items:

MAC Soiree Nail Polish from the Cham Pale Collection

MAC Dangerous Cuvee Paint Pot from the Cham Pale Collection

Re: Post your recent hauls!

When I went to Sephora yesterday, I don't recall seeing any Dior fragances.  I was thinking they had them, but I think I somehow got that mixed up with DKNY.  My college fried mind just saw something that started with a D with four letters lol.  I'd like to test sniff J'adore.  I've smelled Chanel Number 5 and I didn't care for it even though it's been around for a long time.  Come to think of it, that is the only Chanel product I've seen in person.  Belk didn't have anything else from that brand. 

I dont like Chanel N.5 either. They do make lighter, more citrusy fresh or citrucy sweet fragrances, but they cost way too much and since they are eu de toilettes they have no staying power.

This is the kit I was talking about. And they look 1000X bigger in the picture, in person its nothing.

@sephoramusthave-  I totally agree with you on those sampler kits!  I sometimes get one as a gift from relatives who don't know what to get me and they are always a disappointment. Mostly because the fragrances in the kit aren't something I would like, so I don't get the full size, what's the use.

That Dior kit does look skimpy, why not just get a sample to take home of the few that you would actually wear (determined by in-store testing). Then just buy the full size bottle, gulp, at the high price. Speaking of high price, why do Dior things cost so much, anyways?  Are they made with special ingredients or is it just hype?

Their skincare and fragrance is just hype. The ingredients suck and its all brand name.

But their makeup ROCKS. Love it, and its worth every penney.

Going by the picture, it looks like the box has more substance than the bottles combined.  Maybe some day companies will not do that as much.  Maybe.

I wear Dune sometimes and my daughter loves Addict.  The Dior fragrances are pricy but well worth it.  I used to wear Chanel No. 5 in the eighties all the time, but tried it a few years back and didn't like the way it reacted with my chemistry.  I was disappointed because I really liked it.

@sephoramusthave yay for dior! I'm glad you got those (and liked them in store!) I got the lashstash last year too and mine was not great either. I think by last holiday the boxes were a few months old and the one i had picked up was the last one in my store (maybe in january or whatever) so i returned it.

ALSO i think some chanel makeup is overhyped... I've tried a few of their lipsticks and they are nice and pigmented. rouge coco shine was a bit drying for me so that was a bummer. (but my lips are very prone to being dry, so it may just be me) I think most of their shades are dupe-able, plus i've never been a big lipstick person, so spending $30something after tax is just too much for me. If they were priced around Nars lipstick at most then i think i'd buy. Their foundations don't work for me at all (they highlight pores and bumps that arent' there without makeup for some reason) and i know a few people who feel the same way. I used to be OBSESSED with chanel eyeshadow, liner, etc, and i would say they are on par with dior and other top eyeshadow brands but do have some great shades. Liner & mascara i think you can find similar elsewhere these days.

The big thing with chanel color products is that there often aren't comparable dupes bc their color complexities are just amazing. this is especially true of their nail polishes which are always hyped and from my experience the formula is lower quality than the big names in nails (OPI, Essie, Nails inc, butter london, rescue beauty & deborah lippman)  

i think the chanel illusion d'ombre is awesome (from what i've seen of the testers) and it is also supposed to be like armani eyes to kill (which i thought was more sparkly than the chanel when i swatched it at a counter) loreal finally came out with their infallible eyeshadows which are supposed to be similar quality according to what the blogs are saying right now. (I want to try it out so if i do i'll definitely let all of you know!) 

@kimmi yay biology book! I always love when that stuff works out. weird that you could use the gift card again? But cool if you got to! (or if anyone got to) 

i also hate those perfume sets.. and i feel like so often the perfumes don't even have spray tops and it just makes no sense to me. but then again i'm also incredibly picky/sensitive to scents on me. 

don't think i posted my haul from the gift card? I got:

- Bobbi brown dual eyeliner in jet/chrome (swatched it in store and it was amazing! also got amazing reviews on temptalia)

- nars blush in douceur

was bummed that the samples were kind of lame and there weren't any deluxe samples/freebies that i wanted either. can't even remember what i picked. 

Thank you for sharing what you know about Chanel. So far my favorite luxe brand is Dior. I want a red lipstick from YSL. I tried 3 in store last time I went and I honestly had a hard time choosing which one I like more. And the formula is like no other.

I didnt play around with the Dior Holiday Eye Palette tester all that much, I just swatched the formulas on my hands. I had eye makeup on already (I was messing around with Benefit first) and I didnt feel like taking a bunch of those cotton pads and removing everything. That swatch I posted here is EXACTLY how the colors really are. The third eyeshadow, the lightest color is completely different in texture then the first two. Its frosty which I didnt expect but its shimmery and gorgeous, very holiday. The other shadows are very soft and creamy and pigmented and the liner is super black (especially on my fair winter skin).

I'm a big lipstick person. I dont own very many (lol) but I much prefer them to lipgloss. I've tried hundreds of glosses and honestly only have 2 that I like (Dior Ultra Gloss and TheBalm Balmshelter SPF 17 Tinted Gloss). Everything else is sticky, too shear or leaves that gross ring around my lips 20 minutes after applying. I've never used up a gloss, no matter how many I've bought over the years, but I have used up plenty of lipsticks. I typically dont have more than a handful of lip products at once so I dont mind spending a little more on something that I know I will use up completely. (But $32 is my limit on lipstick, I am not paying more for fancy packaging).

When I went to Sephora they didnt have ANY 100pt perks. Guess they were out of stock. 

Then you should try Chane lipsticksl! To me they are just super luxurious and everyonr deserves one (at least) if they can afford it lol. Maybe even if they cant lol! In any event they do have some gorgeous shades & you can always purchase at Nordstrom for their return policy just in case Smiley Happy also the ysl lipsticks I've tried were nice & super pigmented! I got one in a holiday gift set last year but I knew my best friend would love it more so I included it in her box of goodies for Christmas. Sometimes I wish I kept it but that's only lately as I'm exploring lipstick again.

Oh I picked up a loreal infallible cream shadow and based on the swatch it seemed pretty on par with many cream shadows out there. I picked iced latte, a shimmery champagne shade. The pigment was great with just a light dab, maybe I'll wear it tomorrow and let you know what I think. I don't have as much experience with cream shadows as you do but it doesn't hurt to try it for about $9 right?

Thanks for the tips prettyinpa! I'll try them out this weekend!

I've heard of B2M and I already have one product ready for it, a mascara I finished a while ago. The next to go will be a Dazzleglass on my 10 Pan list.

I still haven't spent my $20 VIB giftcard and it expires tomorrow! AH! So Scared! I think I'll go to Sephora after school tomorrow or order online if I can't go but my wishlist is so long I'm not sure what to get. I'm thinking of just getting two blushes that I've been wanting, NARS Sin and Tarte Natural Beauty. But I also really want the Urban Decay Naked Eye Pencil Set...Should I get one blush and that set? It would be a bit more money but I'm OK with that. If I did do that I think I'd go with Sin as the blush as thats more of a winter blush. However I do already have one NARS Blush and I've been really wanting to try out the Tarte blushes....

@isha85 this weekend was freeeeeeeeezing in southern cali!!!!! today was a bit warmer, but now its freezing again!!!

interesting, i should check out the smashbox pencils! i dont find myself getting quite a crisp line with the UD 24/7s. and @jxw200, i agree... i dont think theyre AMAZING... i'd still use them though. it smudges onto my eye lid after about an hour. if i use it on my waterline, it disappears in a few hours and collects into the outer corner of my eye... annoying!!

i bought my boss the Hypnose Doll Lash set from Lancome today (it was so hard to find, i found it at the 3rd sephora i tried!!!) and i'm really interested in a lash primer!! i have medium-length, black asian lashes and i think a primer that'll make my mascara look thicker would be nice!

i have a Kat Von D eye shadow palette and its great quality! I have it in Ludwig, but i have to admit that it's been hiding in the back of my organizer =D

i noticed the sephora give me some lip is very small!! i saw it in the store today and i was shocked. great products, though... the smashbox color is beautiful!! i bought it online for my friend for xmas =)

i haven't snuck any purchases for myself =( instead, i stocked up on samples! today i got a sample of Josie Maran's argan oil =) and then i found myself in forever 21 and went a tiny bit crazy =X

@ry22... nice purchases! the wait is always dreadful =( i wish i lived in Manhattan so i could get same-day delivery!!! hehe Smiley Happy

@Katie Mac has out some pretty sweet holiday deals on lip sets. I picked up the Sultry Lipbag that actually is more nude then anything else, but it works. I have the same problem with most nudes, because my lips are really pigmented, most nudes look crappy on me. (Like the "i slapped foundation on my lips effect lol" This set has a lipstick called  I Love Winter. It is the perfect combo of nude with a slight touch of pink and the creme sheen gloss it comes with Deelight is the perfect complement to it. (Although the lipstick actually looks really good on it's own too!) I never actually had a nude set work! Although there name of Sultry is kinda weird for the colors. Maybe Bare woulda been better.

@Kimmi I never tried BE blushes, but I sooo understand about the mess! I love the Mineral Veil powder, but have just been living off of my mini ones from random samples and kits, because I can't commit to something I can't tote around without making a total mess! lol But I seen in the catalogue/ad they sent regular mail that it does exist! It just isn't sold online or at my local Sephora yet. I bet they will be making blushes like this real soon!

@kimmi1115... Thx!! I kno what u mean about the Covergirl shadows all the 1's I had are all in the trash... It could just be me but I think the quality over the years has diminshed.... As for UD.. IM IN LOVE... Lol... I absolutely love their products and Im so happy with the quality of them and happy that I started buying them... I bought the Mariposa pallette last night I havent used it yet but I plan to very soon... It was such a struggle between the Marisposa and the 15th Anni pallette but I recently picked the the Tarte Starlet Limited Edition Vanity and it almost has the same colors with the exception of " Deep End"  .... So I think my next purchase from UD will be the Naked Pallette that everyone is so in love with.... As the for the singles I hope that they will be releasing them soon so u dont have to buy a new pallette again if your just running out of 1 or 2 colors that would be a waste of $$$.. One of the reps at my store told me that UD is working on releasing a Holiday Pallette but shes not too sure right now its just rumor so if I hear more and validate that they are I'll definitely post and let u know....

As for the cream blushes, the 1`s from MAC are great I had 1 a couple years ago and I loved it I think besides the Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Color that I bought recently which is my new fav, it was 1 of my fav blushes.... Its very easy to work with and its blends very easily....

@Katie723.... I spent $200 @ Sephora last night Smiley Surprised but I dont regret it.....

My Haul Includes:

UD Pallette in Mariposa

Smashbox Life Is Your Set Eye Liners (great colors for fall and amazing quality)

Smashbox Snap You're Fab Lip Gloss Set ... I ended up getting this set because my store was all out of the Give Me Some Lip Vol.1 they will be getting some in soon so I still plan on purchasing it.... I tried on the colors like u suggested and they were very pretty and didnt have a smell to them at all.... Maybe u got a bad batch last year or they were sitting on the shelf for too long if u happen to be in Sephora soon stop by there stand and check out this holiday set maybe this time around it will be different at least Im hoping it is for u cause the colors are wonderful....

I also got another UD Lip Liner in Wallflower

I also picked up 3 Sephora brushes 2 of the SEPHORA COLLECTION Classic All Over Shadow Brush - Small #22 and SEPHORA COLLECTION Classic Pointed Liner/Eyeliner Brush #17 which is my new fav tool for applying eyeliner I tested it out last night with my MAC Fluidline Gel Liner and it went on super thin and perfect something I could never do with my angel brush... after this haul I think I am officially done purhasing make-up for the rest of year... theres only 2 months left I think I can manage... I`ll just have to stay away from Sephora for the next 2 months cause with the Holiday Season approaching I know theres gonna be alot of Holiday Sets Im gonna wanna purchase.. i dont know if I`ll be able to do it Smiley Sad

@ Kimmi I totally understand about the Covergirl foundation! I tried so hard with so many drugstore brands to match myself, or find one that works with my skin and it just was futile. Foundation is something worth spurging on just to get it right. And when used with a brush, you really do use alot less. My current foundations have lasted me since the begining of the summer and are still way over half full(2/3's ish ) full. I think if I actually did the math, how many foundations I bought from CVS alone and didn't actually use but couldn't return (didn't have recipet or something, whatever the reason) has costed me more then buying a better brand once or twice a year.

For eyeshadows I still like some Maybelline ones and use them. Their  Eyestudio collection is pretty good and feels nice on (pretty good staying power w/ primer) and their liners are good too . I have an in a pinch/ lazy day nude eye kit from Maybelline I will grab and go. But CG shadows have gone down in quality dramatically! I was psyched with there, what are the called, Eyeblast liners? The one that Dre Barrymore advertises the like crayon ones? came out and was soooo disappointed after I bought them. Lesson learned there. lol

Im a bit of a makeup snob too and only recently have I gotten some drugstore stuff - ecotools foundation brush & kit, rimmel eyeshadow, maybelline eyeshadow and mascara. I love yes to cucumbers face wipes also!

Anyway! I went to return something yesterday & got strawberry rosebud yay!

And on Friday I got nails inc polish, jack black balm, & a Dior quint
Hmm before that I ordered guerlain 4 seasons Bronzer for f&f and picked up the neutral nails in set - i think that's all for the last two weeks or so!

@jxw200  I love my Eco-Tools brushes!  Smiley Very Happy  I've not tried their blush brush.  I have their travel eye brush set and concealer brush.  I love the concealer brush.  I use it almost everyday. 

I have an ecotools blush brush - it's decent! I'm now obsessing over the nars yachiyo brush but sephora doesn't carry it and I can't decide where to get it from! Plus I shouldn't spend the $ yet anyway, given that I have a nice trish mcevoy brush that I love too. Arg!

Today, I just bought the Show Some Lip set and the BE Introducing Cheek Tint set. I also got some cool samples and the Smokey Eye Shadow Promotion.

I bought them online, so I have to wait a couple of days to try them Smiley Sad but it will be worth it.

Highlighted

Yesterday I picked up a nail polish and a mascara from CVS. They have a new Brand called signature i guess. I got the one in rainbow glitter i love it. I also got the maybelline illegal lenght mascara wich is an awsome mascara Bye

So, the lash stash set I got is going back tomorrow.  Most of them were dry and thick Smiley Sad   I'll browse around the full sized mascaras to see what catches my eye.  I believe UD's Big Fatty mascara is my Holy Grail lol.  I'd like to expand and try another mascara.  I've looked at Kat Von D's Sin-Full Lash mascara before.  Maybe it's more my speed.

kimmi---Oh I'm SO glad you kept the receipt! Seems like a lot of people are having that problem. For a mascara to be dried out before its even open...it must be SUPER old. Shame on you Sephora. Because I know how many mascaras I've tried and I've NEVER had one dry out on me (not before the expiration date).

jxw200---Oh yes please get back to us when you've tried the L'oreal! I had no idea they came out with those! I know that they had some discontinued HP ones a while back that people really loved(that I never got to try...) and I know that Cover Girl came out with a cream shadow in a lipgloss style tube....but I dont know how good those would be...

I have tried Benefit, Shiseido, and MAC Cream shadows and so far I have not found better ones than Benefit. Benefit is my HG cream shadow.

@sephoramusthave  I've not had one to dry out before then either.  The lash stash is a good idea and all, but only if the mascaras are usable.  I've read good things about the Diorshow mascara, but Sephora inside JCP doesn't carry Dior.  *annoyed sigh*  Smiley Frustrated   I wouldn't mind paying a bit extra for a mascara that does what I want since I use one mascara at a time anyway.  The most mascaras I've had at once is 3, and two of those were minis that came with something. 

Speaking of L'oreal, I saw where they have primers now.  I don't know how long they have had them, but there were a few different ones for face makeup.  I was surprised to see drug store makeup expanding to primers. 

I use mascara up one at a time too, but I do have a hard time spending too much money on it because its not something I use everyday. I like having a good one anyway, but I go for the travel sized ones instead. They cost around 10 bucks which is WAY more than any drugstore mascara and they last me a good while. 

I tested out the curling urban decay mascara....I soaked the brush in alcohol and cleaned it up at least 5 times, until it was completely clean and germ free and it didnt do anything but make my lashes darker....maybe I needed more coats. I just put on two. My lashes are partly curled (all natural) and part not. Haha sounds weird but I dont care.

I hate how Sephora only has one kind of mascara tester...mascaras are different because of the brush...its not really about the formula so my lashes dont look the same when I use the tester. People always look at me funny when I'm disinfecting testers but they are the weirdos to me! Do they have any idea how many hands those testers have been through? Nasty.

I've used a mini tube of UD's curling mascara, and I wasn't impressed either.  It only darkened my lashes as well, and there were times when the formula seemed a bit more on the liquidy side than normal.  I agree about various mascara brush testers.  The clinique counter in the mall has matching tester brushes for each of their mascaras.  That's the only place where I've seen that so far. 

I saw one girl, probably early teen years, pick up a UD gloss, applied it straight to her lips, and place it back just pretty as you please.  Didn't clean it, didn't even get a tester for it.  She seemed probably new to makeup, but surely she would have some common sense about germs. 

I ended up purchasing the NARS Volumizing mascara.  It was a few bucks more than UD's Big Fatty.  The brush is the fluffy bristle kind I like, but not as big and tapered as the UD one.  Fingers crossed it works well, because I'm not going back to the mall until after Christmas lol.

6 Replies