Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Post your recent hauls!

I know a lot of us made resolutions to stop buying new things, but did you really pass up some of the post-holiday sales and deals as well as newly released limited edition goods?  Confess!  😄

My recent items are:

TARINA TARANTINO Sparklicity Pure Gold (so pretty!)
LORAC Tie Dye For Lip Gloss Collection (great value)
TARINA TARANTINO Supernova Nail Lacquer - Starchild (50% off)
SEPHORA COLLECTION Daily Brush Cleaner To Go (morning staple for lazy days when I haven't cleaned my brushes)
BOSCIA Peppermint Blotting Linens ($6Cdn @ 3x)
CLARINS Instant Sun Shimmer Blush in Light (50% off)
BY TERRY Rouge Delectation Lipstick in Vanilla Cinnamon (50% off)

500 Point Perk:  Benefit Coralista (full size) and Bad Gal Mascara (deluxe sample)

Non-Sephora items:

MAC Soiree Nail Polish from the Cham Pale Collection

MAC Dangerous Cuvee Paint Pot from the Cham Pale Collection

Re: Post your recent hauls!

@katie: Swapping is a great idea! BTW what is yor swap name on MUA?

The first time I went to Hawaii it was for a class. I went over spring break while I was in nursing school, so eventhough I was there for a week, there was no way to get any real sight seeing in. So I went back with my husband a year later, and again last year. We are so excited about going again! This time we are going for 16 days! Two days are lost during travel time, so that makes it a solid two weeks on the islands! Yay!

@officegal: those sound like some awesome scores!!!!

@katie - The colouring for Quite Cute doesn't work with my warmer skin tone, so I didn't have trouble passing them up. (I was supposed to be strong re: the nail polish but whatever - it's been a long week!) And thanks for putting REN peel back on my wish list again, though yes, a part of me thinks we should immediately return everything and put the money towards a trip to Hawaii! 😄 If someone can think of a way for us to have great products AND go to Hawaii too, do share!

@officegal: I told myself I wasn't going to look at the MAC Quite Cute collection, but of course I stopped by Macy's and walked away with Giggly, Miss Behave, AND Play Time lipstick (which I ended up not liking -- it's too purple on me). I'm so weak! Apparently Candy Yum Yum (which kind of looks like Schiap to me) is quickly achieving cult status...but I didn't get it. 🙂

@officegal, @kristamarielund: The REN Glycolactic peel is life changing! I got it as a sample and immediately bought the full sized bottle. Between that and the Clarisonic, I swear my skin looks more youthful than it did in my mid 20s.

@mermadelove: I am *so* jealous about Hawaii. I had never been there until last July, and I went to Maui for a long weekend (4-5 days). It wasn't long enough! I LOVED it -- I had never been there since I grew up on the east coast and I guess it's farther away -- however, it's only a four (or so) hour flight from SF, which was amazing. I want to go back...NOW! (I should stop buying makeup so that this is possible...). It was like paradise! Re: your lip tars, you should swap them! 🙂

@kristamarielund - I keep reading rave reviews about the REN glycolic peel but it's not in Canada so I haven't been able to sample it. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you but hearing that makes me think that I don't *need* it as much as I thought that I did!

@mermade - That's too bad about the lip tars! I haven't tried them myself but I tend to stay away from highly pigmented lippies anyway. In fact the name lip "tar" scares me a little! lol

As for Hawaii, you guys are lucky!!! I hope to visit some day. 🙂

Today I needed a study break so between running around libraries for research, I found myself at the Dior counter and got the new Rock Coat along with three other polishes (Dior Blue Label, Dior Underground and MAC Mischievous from the new Quite Cute collection). Now that I'm looking up the other colours in the Dior collection, I wish Nirvana had been there but I think they were sold out since there wasn't any out at the counter.

rock coat.jpgblue label.jpgunderground.jpg

My husband laughed when I told him my idea-- he thought it was cute! it'll be  a while yet, though! 🙂

We love Hawaii. I've been there 3 times and I am SOOO looking forward to it after the year we've had!!!!!

Back on topic: My OCC lip tars were an epic fail! The tars themselves were high quality and super pigmented, but the colors I chose were out of character for me--I was going for summer brights--and now I know why I never wear those colors! They made me look sickly!!! Sallow and pale! Now i have brown skin with yellow undertones and the coral and the fuschia made me look death warmed over are you ahving liver troubles yellow! myhusband and my housemate both pulled up short when they saw the swatches! So bad........

Anyone who looks good in those colors would love them, though because they cover like liquid lipstick!

@dagriff:  The color swatches on my computer look so different from the colors in person, too, but I will try to help get you to the point so that you can try some different color choices out and let your system calibrate the color on your system to see if it helps any.  Every operating system is a little bit different in the way you go about changing your color settings on your monitor, but I'll try to help if I can (as long as you're not using a mac and are using a regular pc).  I am running Windows 7, so if you're running Windows XP or Vista or some different version of Windows the directions I'm about to give you may not be exactly the same, but should be somewhat similar.  To change the color on your monitor, do the following steps:
- Click on Start
- Click on Control Panel

- Click on Display
- Click on Change Display Settings

- Click on Advanced Settings

- Click on Color Management
From there you'll just have to experiment and see what makes the color look clearer, etc.  There's also an option you can click on to "Calibrate Your Color" (I think that's what it says or something very similar to that).  You may want to take a peek at the help section in that area to see if it gives any tips on how to find the clearest color.  I hope this helps or at least guides you there.  Good luck! 🙂

Hi, all!  I haven't been on BT since Thursday (this is now Sunday) and I'm trying to get caught up on what's been happening real quick (before I have to get ready for church).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@mermadelove:  You lucky, lucky, lady you!!!  Martha's Vineyard, Florida and then Hawaii...now that's a vacation!!! Smiley Happy  I think that's wonderful that you and your husband are getting to go on such a wonderful vacation...you deserve it!  I also own and love the UD Glitter Liners in teal, silver and purple.  They will look awesome on your vacation.  By the way, you really should go into some form of makeup/nail work when you decide you've had enough nursing.  What did hubby think when you mentioned it to him?  With all the pro nail tools you've bought lately, you've got the makings to be able to do a professional manicure! 🙂

Does anyone know how to improve the colors on a computer? I received one of my recent orders from allcosmeticswholesale.com and have to return all of the eye shadow because the colors are not what I thought they'd be. The pinks are more orangy in the Clinique quad and both Lancome quads the eye shadows are more coppery than taupe-y. I don't mind the 10% restocking fee because I've returned probably 1/3 of what I've ordered because the colors aren't what i thought they'd be. Thanks in advance.

Moving to Hawaii???? So exciting! I hear it's beautiful. I've never been there, but my sister's ex-boyfriend was from there, and they went several times for vacations. She said it was amazing. 

Hey serendipity01! Which island are you from? We usually go to the BIG Island. This will be my fourth time there, my husband's third, and my housemate's first. We have a 3 year plan of MOVING there!!! Any suggestions????

Maybe you should PM me, though!

But to keep the thread on topic, today I am expecting my all cosmetics whoelsale order with the OCC lip tars and UD glitter liners. yay!

Hawaii is where I'm from!  🙂  I was born there and lived there though high school, but then I left for college.  I still go back every year, since all my family lives there.  And I have a friend's wedding there in july (and I'm a bridesmaid).

(sorry, off topic 😛 )

@kristamarielund: We don't go to HI until September, but before then we go to Martha's Vineyard for 4 days for my birthday, and Florida for 4 days for my family reunion!!! I'm going to get alot of beach time this summer! Thank goodness because I  REAAAAALLLLLLY need it!!! 😄

P.s. @ mermadelove: So jelous you are going to Hawaii. When do you leave? What a great excuse to get the new sunscreen sampler! LOL!

So I am still doing my best to not spend anymore till I know my job situation but I did get to visit Sephora today. I got a REN glycolactic sample and loved it but the full size I bought just didnt seem to work nearly as well. I gave it a few chances but just didnt LOVE it. If its pricey I need to love it to keep it. So I exchanged it for the Tarina Sparklecity in the perfume style bottle. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! And I got the Givenchy Gloss in Glitter Pomelo. Also LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! Im all set for a very glittery weekend.

@tenngal: I told my husband that when I was ready to quit nursing, I would go into makeup! A nice, high quality, sterile technique nail salon would be nice!

I got the teal ,silver and purple UD glitter liner set. Mt faforite colors! We are planning to go to Hawaii for my husband's birthday in September, so I am buying everything with that trip in mind!

It was me who suggested that site and I haven't had any trouble with them. I just placed my second order this week!

Tags:

I have had great experiences at allwholesalecosmetics.com. Shipping is reasonable and quick (3-4 days). Returns are painless. Quality is great. And I'm spending....I mean SAVING so much money !!! Smiley Very Happy and no, I'm not related lol

@dargriff and everyone else-

Did you have a good experience with allwholesale cosmetics? Service? speed of shipping?  makeup quality?

I always check their site but I'm always too scared. I always wonder if they are too good to be true?!

Two more allwholesalecosmetics.com orders in two days. Tuesday I ordered three lipsticks (Estee Lauder Radiant Rose, Lancome Pink Diamond, & Laura Mercier Dry Rose) and Two Faced eye make up primer. Then last night I ordered two Lancome mini quad eye shadows, another lip stick (100% Pur Perfect Naked Pink), and a Clinique eye shadow quad.

At least one of the lipsticks should work, right?? I'm finding lipsticks are difficult to buy on line. I want a pinkish-rose. Not red, not berry, not fuschia. Not too dark. Not too light. Not too bright. Matte lips are not have fav, like a little shine.

I forget who first mentioned allwholesalecosmetics. THANK YOU AGAIN. I'm addicted and will need a support group soon...BUT I'LL LOOK MAAAAAAAAHVELOUS! Smiley Very Happy

@mermade - Sounds like a great haul! I know I'm sorely tempted to go shopping with the nicer weather and all, but I cheated on my no-buy rule so many times that I feel really conflicted about it. Oh well - for those without the self-imposed rules, go nuts, I say!! 😄

testing