Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Opulent October Hauls!

October is here which means fall is here along with all the beautiful holiday releases. It is my birthday month so I thought to start the haul thread for this month. Show and tell all you get from beauty purchases to cozy clothing, warm scented candles or even pumpkin treats.

22C8B6BE-89D5-4ACE-8C6A-8860DBA9A95C.jpeg

Re: Opulent October Hauls!

@itsfi THANK YOU for swatching these! I have so many feelings about this palette, and I don’t even own it yet (The hourglass...torn between this and the other newer one, the unlocked). I just tagged and then untagged it as I don’t know what etiquette is in regards to something you are keen on in someone else’s post;). Haven’t decided between the two as with medium skin (olive and neutral undertones) just not sure which one would be best for me. These look pretty pigmented, like maybe you swatched a few times for the full effect.

I don’t contour or use bronzer, though I’ve tried and feel it’s just too much look for me. I like that the shimmer seems subtle. Please keep me posted on your thoughts on this one, the colors are pretty and I need a buildable blush/highlight. Love the Mochi Toy Alien, just want something on top to help it last a bit longer 😊

@eshoe, I completely understand about being torn between both of the Hourglass palettes. The Unlocked palette is beautiful, but I went with the Edit 4 initially for a few  reasons - (1) I missed out on Edit 3 last year and have been wanting something similar as (2) Edit 4 seems like it would be great for me for when I travel, and (3) I also read the Edit 4 may be better suited for my skintone (light-to-medium) compared to Unlocked (medium-tan). I'm really happy I went with the Edit 4 palette but I have to say that seeing and reading others posts, I may want (because I don't need it) the Unlocked palette because it is also beautiful!  The Edit 4 has the colors I need; the Unlocked would provide extra options for me.

You're so right - the photo I posted of the Edit 4 swatches have multiple swipes - 3 in fact - will edit that post to note that. I've only used the palette a couple of times and have used 1-2 swipes of each color when I apply; I used 3 because a couple of the lightest shades photographed better with 3 (and I've noticed that when I do swatches using my fingers, I tend to swipe with a really light hand).  Back to the palettes, my skintone would be categorized as light-to-medium; here are some swatches of both the Edit 4 and Unlocked palettes - 

Top to bottom correspond with Edit 4 Palette top row, left to right; then bottom row, left to right (swiped 3x).Top to bottom correspond with Edit 4 Palette top row, left to right; then bottom row, left to right (swiped 3x).Top to bottom correspond with Unlocked Palette top row, left to right; then bottom row, left to right; swiped 3x.Top to bottom correspond with Unlocked Palette top row, left to right; then bottom row, left to right; swiped 3x.

This is such helpful info, @itsfi! I am leaning towards the Edit but wouldn’t have known without your side by side swatches here👍🏼😊

I'm happy to help @eshoe! ❤️ Excited to hear what you think of the Edit 4 palette! It's a beautiful palette! ❤️

@itsfi,

Beautiful Hourglass swatches!  Thanks for posting these!

These Hourglass palettes are beautiful @tsavorite! The Edit 4 has a great selection of shades and works well for my skintone. The shades in the Unlocked palette are deeper but can be applied subtly with a light hand. 

beautiful haul @itsfi I so want that hourglass!

beautiful haul @itsfi I so want that hourglass!

Re: beautiful haul @itsfi I so want that hourglass!

Thank you @lmaster! The palette is so pretty. After missing out last year because I just waited too long to purchase it, I was set on picking up the Edit 4 this year when I learned it would be released. 😉 

Re: beautiful haul @itsfi I so want that hourglass!

I hope I can get it during the next 20%off sale! @itsfi

@itsfi I love your little haul! Have you tried the KA sha...

@itsfi I love your little haul! Have you tried the KA shadow formula before? I have no idea how I haven't tried any of his products on myself when my mom would have bought me Making Faces by him back in high school. 😶 Also, the foil sheet masks are definitely on my list. everyone needs some extra glam in their day (or stocking.)

Re: @itsfi I love your little haul! Have you tried the KA sha...

@Nickelliebear1, Making Faces is a beautiful book!! I don't have it, but have looked over it several times. I have a few KA products - his Candlelight highlighter was my very first highlighter (still love it) and I had the Essential Eye Shadow Palette Set.

@itsfi Oh, great haul!!  Isn't the Hourglass Edit 4 sooo pretty!! And you got the KA palette!! So jealous!! I keep wavering between that and the ABH Sultry!! Decisions, decisions!! Can't wait for reviews on the masks!! Enjoy!!😊

@yankeefaithful, I'm really liking the Edit 4; I can see myself using all of the colors in it. The KA palette is beautiful - I picked it primarily for the pink and plum shades because I don't have too many of those, so the KA palette gives me a little more variety in terms of those shades. I see your dilemma - ABH Sultry has some gorgeous shades. The packaging is also very pretty. Let me know which one you decide on! 🙂

The masks are going to be fun! I can't wait to use them; I just don't know which one to use first. Ha!

Great choices on the KA and hourglass palettes! I missed out on the edit 3 last year but now I am kind of glad because I like the edit 4 even more 🙂

Thank you @SurprisedLemur!  The Edit 4 is very pretty! ❤️

@fatimamummy,

Happy Birthday Month! 🙂

-Mali 

I mean it's not like we have a Rouge sale coming up or anything 🤦‍♀️ psst THAT would just be silly for me to order JUST for the GWP 🙈20181019_182051.jpg

I love your new palettes and the Fresh gwp, @GG84!

@GG84 Great haul!  I agree with @Shosh85--the Norvina palette is gorgeous and I love how versatile it is.

@GG84 Well, I'm with you, I placed an prefer JUST for that GWP too!! Haha! Totally worth it! 😂

I love the Norvina palette so much! It is so pretty and the formula is wonderful!🙌

I hope you enjoy everything! 🤗

@GG84,

Beautiful Haul!  Exciting!

2,370 Replies
testing