Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

OMG October 2021 Non-Beauty Hauls

We all love posting in the hauls thread but what about those non-beauty items you bought? Purses, clothes, shoes, jewelry, accessories, home stuff and whatever else you picked up! If you bought it, flaunt it! I’ll start the ball rolling. Of you have pre-October items to share, do it.

Re: OMG October 2021 Non-Beauty Hauls

My second batch of stickers from Temu arrived!!!

20230729_160650.jpg

@sprocketta Here's a non-beauty haul.  Three pairs of sunglasses from Target (purchased recently) for $15 each.

thumbnail.jpe

Oh! Another fun thread to love!! ❤️ I would be the 1st to admit that I am a shopping addict. However, I lost my job with my employer of 10 years (travel related) at the height of the pandemic. So I had to cut back on my spending  but during this time “off” I was able to focus on my health quite a bit. I’ve lost 65 pounds to date (yay outdoor cycling and all around bad habit changing, healthy food focus) and I realize that I was on the more fortunate side and take time to find the right role to enter the job force again. 
Last week I started working from home again with an amazing company, back in the travel industry that I have loved for so many years (so thankful travel is coming back!) 

I treated myself when I had to drive into the city yesterday. Sephora and Ulta of course got some money but also decided I needed these gorgeous bone colored knee high boots from Shoe Carnival. Then I also ran into Dick’s Sporting goods for some cooler weather clothes to go over my cycling clothes for those early AM rides before work.  Ah, it’s nice to be able to say “work” again. 

Sorry for the book! LOL Along with shopping, I like to overshare apparently!  🤣

image.jpg

image.jpg

I frequently order items from the Yummy Bazaar company (they also have a monthly subscription box.)

They have some items that are difficult to find elsewhere, like the Knorr sauce mixes from Germany.

For this order, I paid for the tea and the Calabrian chile pepper.  The other items were free!  It seems like every weekend they offer freebies, and now that their holiday items are in, those freebies can be quite good.

yummy bazaar.jpg

Free panettone, individual wafer cookie, chocolate crepe dentelle, and chocolate covered marzipan.

I purchase my cookie dough from Twisted Cookie Dough. I purchased some pop up flavors. I highly recommend it!

D9A5374F-2367-42D9-9D3A-026736C4219C.jpeg

 Midnight pancakes and waffles plus Spooky Brookie 

Sounds devine!

Yum!!! Are you kidding me?? @Loretta55 need this in my life 🤤

This is a great small business to support @lmaster. The owner Rose even reached out to me personally when my order was lost in the mail. She always has pop up flavors and there are codes for additional % off your purchase. I have a monthly subscription for the chocolate peanut butter cookie dough which helps with the shipping cost. Warning this stuff is addictive!

I would say it's sound very good to brings non beauty products , such as clothes, purses , shoes , jewelry etc ..

8AEEF19A-9BFB-45F5-93EF-9709A2A8D99F.jpeg

This is my Talbots patterned cashmere sweater haul. I do collect them. I have this style which is the Audrey in multiple shades and patterns that I have collected throughout the years.

@Loretta55 Looking at some now. I swear all I can think of looking at these is the episode of Seinfeld where George buys the cashmere sweater with the red dot because it’s so inexpensive.

LOL @sprocketta !

@Loretta55 

ED0E16FB-AF72-41B9-80F9-453FF16D169B.jpeg

They are very pretty @Loretta55!

Thank you very much @faeriegirl.

@Loretta55 I always think their styled looks in the catalog are so pretty.  Makes me hate wearing uniforms to work - which they are changing for the third time.  

I also wear uniform to work @greeneyedgirl107. We are provided with multiple uniform pieces including accessories. I wear colorful sweaters when not working.

@Loretta55 I've been so conflicted about uniforms recently.  On the one hand I like the comfort of scrubs, the ease of washing them, and just rolling out of bed and getting dressed.  But now that we're on my third set in six years, I'm getting resentful.  I can afford to purchase them, but I think buying all new ones without a uniform allowance every couple of years is just plain thoughtless for the company to do to us.  

As my work has gotten more girls in my age group, I've become envious of those that can wear street clothes.  I like to look cute and I find fashion fun.  I also think that dressing well can elevate you at work, and you can be taken more seriously - or at least admired for good style sense.  Back when I was able to have my choice of scrubs versus street clothes, I noticed that when I was dressed better I got treated better/more respectfully by clients and their families.  So, I guess I really want to wear street clothes now.  I even miss wearing shoes other than sneakers.  

At my old workplace, I did wear what I called a "uniform" of sorts.  I wore yoga pants with a black or white fitted T-shirt, and a great cardigan sweater with lots of jewelry.  That was easy to put on and wear throughout the day.  I also miss wearing jewelry.  It just doesn't look right in my opinion with scrubs or a polo shirt.

Unfortunately when I am working I am required to be dressed in uniform completely. Upon accepting the position you have to sign a contract of sorts which explains looking professional on the job. Our earrings must conform to standards, nail polish colors, hair color choices must be natural, makeup, tattoos must remain covered up, etc. Basically you have the idea. That was never a problem for me except for the earrings. Management does spot uniform checks which I have never had a problem. The one time it was for my badge. I told that manager that she may adjust it and she had the same problem so it was let go. We are given a $200.00 uniform allowance yearly. I still have not used my 2021 allowance.

Forgot to tag you @greeneyedgirl107.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos16
  • 1FCFD47E-A366-4A36-972D-480FB5CD33EB.jpeg
  • 8D00B4EB-D780-4D45-9FA7-13B4AB14DB57.jpeg
  • 78D3641D-1226-4A6E-91E7-AF7EEC6FD9F9.jpeg
  • D29FEF36-110B-40A4-8F72-2CCC315640C2.jpeg
  • E8B58F39-A6A1-43A7-A899-BE5F84E0A0B7.jpeg
  • 7A5FF87C-7FCC-425E-8185-603AE7E4EB55.jpeg
  • FB70CF98-6FE8-496B-AB41-853C4BF11202.jpeg