Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Notorious November Hauls (2017)

Happy November! I wanted to post a haul but couldn't find a thread for this month so here it is! I am beyond excited to see everyone's Sephora sale hauls this month ♡ 

IMG_3071.GIF

Tags:

Re: Notorious November Hauls (2017)

Hi @PrettyPaint! : ) Ooooh yes I did notice that and I think I might buy one too because it's well priced the only thing is that I stock up on the gel at christmas time and use it all year and I do notice that the solid products loose some scent if I don't use them within the first few months so I think that I will try one but use it right away.  They JUST JUST got a Rose Jam body spray in as well like a few days ago though apparently it will be a year round product.  I'm interested in trying on of the solid body conditioners because they are cheaper than the potted versions but at the same time I like Ro's Argan and African paradise (exotic florals) but I'm not crazy about the two seasonal ones - snow fairy (cotton candy scent) and christingle (minty scent) and those are the two that come in solid form.

@RoseCharlie Oooh that’s a good point! I didn’t realize the bars lose their scent more quickly, but that makes sense. I was just browsing online and saw the rose jam body spray. I’m tempted to try it out, although I would be ordering blindly because I don’t have a store nearby to test it out! Hopefully it smells the same as the shower gel. 

Hi @PrettyPaint! : ) I tried on a spritz of it at the store and to be fair I had smelled a lot of other things by then but my take is that the shower gel smells SLIGHTLY better.  The scent is almost exactly the same but not QUITE to me there is a freshness in the shower gel that is not quite translating as well in the body spray. If it had been exactly the same I would have purchased it right away but I wanted to go back and smell it one more time before sniffing 20 other things to get a better sense of it... it’s a pretty good deal $39.95 Canadian for 200ml but in USD it would probably be a bit less? Usually but sometimes lush pricing can vary depending on where things are made I think. In any case I just wanted to say that it’s only my personal opinion though I think the gel has a goji berry infusion and the body spray doesn’t maybe that is the reason there’s a fresh fruity note in the gel that I’m not getting in the spray... hmmm... it is a tough call I’m still deciding myself! Lol

Thanks so much @RoseCharlie. That’s really helpful! If it’s available year round, I guess so don’t have to make a decision quite yet and put money towards stocking up on the shower gel instead! 

@PrettyPaint @RoseCharlie  I recently tested the solid Rose Jam in store at Lush and I really missed the texture of a real shower gel.  I'm also afraid my hubby would let the water run on it in the shower and cause it to melt down too quickly.  I opted for the gel in the bottle instead.

I also picked up the body spray.  I AM IN LOVE!   It smells soooo good and lasts waaaaaaayyyyy longer than any perfume I have.  However, I HATE the packaging - it looks like weed killer or something, but maybe that's how they keep the scent fresh and long lasting?  Sadly, because the body spray lasts a lot longer than the shower gel + Ro's Argan Body Conditioner, my husband has had to smell it much longer and has decided he does not care for this fragrance.  At all. 😞

Sooooooo, I guess I can wear it to work and hope it wears off by the time I get home?  Oh well...

@Tamara76. Oh thanks so much for all this info! Did you actually get to wet the solid gel bar in store? Did it get lathery and stuff, or not really? 

I am so excited that you like the spray! The fact that it’s long-lasting really makes me want to try it. I agree that the packaging is pretty ugly...at least from what I saw browsing online. Your husband really dislikes the fragrance that much? That’s funny! It seems like a really non-offensive scent. 🙂

I am thinking of placing a lush order, so I think I’ll add the body spray. 🙂

@PrettyPaint Yes - The adorable SA demonstrated the solid Rose Jam on me and my daughter in store and it did get lathery, but I just prefer gels and liquids to solid soaps. 🌹🌹🌹

@Tamara76 That’s cool that you were able to try it out. Maybe I will get one of each! 🙂

Fabulous haul! @RoseCharlie! I'm a sucker for sample bags...

Fabulous haul! @RoseCharlie! I'm a sucker for sample bags. lol

Re: Fabulous haul! @RoseCharlie! I'm a sucker for sample bags...

@LazybeautybeastThank you! 💕Me tooooooo! lol, I actually passed over the 20% on one or two of my orders so that I could get the sample bags! lol, I just love to have new things to play with so to me it's totally worth it! : )

Nice collective haul, @RoseCharlie!!!  I must admit, I zeroed in on the Rose Jam, as that is my favorite product to buy during the holidays! ❤️ 

@Tamara76Thank you so much! Ooooooh me toooo it's pretty much the only soap I use all year so I always stock up at Christmas time.  This wasn't my "stock up" haul lol, I do one before christmas and then during the BOGO sale : )  Hey you might be interested to know that LUSH now has a body spray version of the "rose jam" scent it's SUPER new to north america!  I'm buying that next though apparently it will be a year round item so there is time to buy it for anyone who is interested. : )

My last few hauls from the last week - still deciding what to get before the sale ends in a couple days... 🙂

Nordstrom:

whisperofgilt.jpg

Spoiler
I finally got my hands on the MAC Whisper of Gilt set!!!!! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 

Close up of Whisper of Gilt:

whisperofgilt2.jpg

Sephora:

sephora111217.jpg

Spoiler
1.  Sephora and Nordstrom Samples
2.  The Cool Fix
3.  Violet Voss Holy Grail Palette - My first VV purchase!!!
4.  Phyto Huile D' Ales
5.  Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask - I've been dying to try this and it did not disappoint!!! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Close up of Holy Grail and the Watermelon Mask:

violetvoss.jpg

Francesca's, World Market, Justice, Charlotte Russe and Marshalls:

francescastjmaxxworldmarketjustice.jpg

Spoiler
1.  Fa la la llamas Leggings!!!! (Francesca's)
2.  Apricot Green Tea Candle (World Market)
3.  Pop! Champagne Rose Split (World Market - Because a girl gets thirsty after all that shopping!)
4.  Mermaid Bag and Brush Set (Justice - I had $60 in vouchers from a class action settlement, but my daughter thinks she is too old to shop there now, so I got her this set for Christmas anyway - I would totally use it, myself!)
5. 2x Tokidoki Mystery Minis (Justice)
6.  Mermaid Makeup Set (Justice - for a friend's daughter for Christmas)
7.  Reindeer and Fox socks (Justice - for my niece)
8.  Blending Sponge (Marshall's)
9.  Bite Mini Lippie Set (Marshall's - I was shocked to find this in pristine condition! My local Marshall's stores never have anything good!)
10.  "More Vodka Please" Teacup Shot Glass (Francescas - Grabbed a couple as gifts for friends - sooo cute!)
11. Lilly Pulitzer bag and planner stickers/pens (Marshall's)
12.  Mermaid socks (Charlotte Russe)
13.  Llama Trinket Dish (World Market)

It was a fun shopping day yesterday!!! ❤️

That's a pretty Unicorn looking haul @Tamara76 Have fun with your new pretties!

Awwww - Thank you, so much!   @fatimamummy ❤️

@Tamara76,

A good shopping day, indeed!   Pretty, pretty, pretty!  Beautiful photos!  🙂

Thank you, @tsavorite!

@Tamara76 So Sparkly - Mac really killed it with their holiday set this year!

Thank you!   I know!  I really wish I'd been able to get more of the eyeshadow singles before they sold out!  This collection is stunning!   @Kim888

Those adorable socks!! Looks so comfy 😊 @Tamara76

Thank you!   @myumew xoxoxo

testing