Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2017

I don't think I've seen a thread posted yet for the upcoming sale (if there is one, please let me know and I will delete). Temptalia has posted a list of Beauty Exclusives (I can't link, but she posted it June 27 for those looking).  And the catalog is up on the Nordstrom site, along with a calendar of beauty events.

I'm not sure yet if I'll get anything, but the Diptyque candle set is calling my name (it did last year too, but I resisted). There's also a cute CT lip set and NARS multiple set.

is anyone else planning their shopping list?

Re: Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2017

I blogged about all of my purchases this year (and reviewed all beauty items individually).

I picked up the Nude Bobbi Brown lip kit (DO IT!), the rose Laura Mercier kit, the nude MAC lips kit, both Winky Lux kits, and the NARS face palette (which I've coveted for months).

Clothes-wise, it was a bust for me. Lots of Make & Model PJs. I also picked up a Leith Suede Clutch and leftover Kendra Scott earrings from last year.

To anybody who bought the Hourglass palette- I received mine today and Diffused Heat is nothing like what I've swatched in store or seen online. It's a "vibrant poppy" but it barely has a pink tint when I swatch it. Is it just mine that's poorly marbled?

I didn't buy it but this blogger did:

http://thebeautylookbook.com/2017/07/hourglass-ambient-diffused-light-palette.html

And from her swatches it looks like she got the same result you did-- the diffused heat in her palette is pinker than the normal one @makeitup305

@blueviolet21 Thank you! That really helped me. I wasn't sure how I felt about it but that blog post definitely convinced me to keep it!

I got a few things, though I have an N-card I don't end up getting inspired until I see youtubers/bloggers...I'm so influenced!

• Spanx Leather Leggings - looks nice though I have super big calves so of course it shows. Definitely holds it all in!
  • Zella High Waisted Leggings - after getting a zella capri at the Rack I know this  brand is legit!
  • Supergoop Sunblock Spray - checked the ingredients and it is reef friendly!
  • Dior Lip Set in Pink - My most expensive lipsticks...should I keep it?!
  • Hinge Black Booties super cute & comfortable 
  • Caslon Asymmetrical Drape Collar Terry Jacket - hopefully I don't love this since they are expensive (to me)
  • Caslon Knit Blazer - still thinking of buying this. Anyone have it? 

I ended up with probably 8 different orders. Nothing in beauty caught my eye unless you count Voluspa candles which fall under fragrance I believe. I was able to get the Kate Spade tassel sneakers, Burberry hoodies x2, and S'well bottles x3 during early access. I ordered Zella pants x3, Nike EZ slip ons x2, AGL flats x2, jeans, Halogen tunic tees x3, no show socks x3, Voluspa candles x2, and a Zella top that I can think of. Oh and some CZ earrings. And a Stokke high chair. I better stop before I remember something else lol. I'm sure I left something out.

Oh geez Nordstrom tanks, too. Yeah I'm just going to back out of this thread...

@talinder Sounds like you got some great stuff! I keep rechecking the site for restocks. 

@talinder Thanks! I don't have anything that I absolutely need to have... haha. I have a few things that are backordered which I'm actually glad about because it spreads out the spending and I won't wear the stuff until fall anyhow.

@PrettyPaint The online restocks seem to be dismal. I called a store SA and had her locate everything for me which she did in less than an hour. I even got a pair of shoes that were the last pair in the entire company. Let me know if you want her info.

The only beauty item i purchased is the NARS mini multiples set. Oh and a foot file, which somehow falls under 'beauty'.

I also purchased the Rifle Paper Co planner. Excited to start using it pretty much right away since it's a 17 months one starting in August 😄

The only beauty item I bought was the Lancôme bifacil set, not the most amazing deal but I  was running low anyway. Other than that I purchased 3 cardigans 

I didn't make any beauty purchases but did pick up a pair of Paige skinny jeans, Spanx leggings (my first ever...love that they look like jeans), a couple of tops, a dress and a couple of Natori bras! 😄

@k617 @shimmerbait Spanx makes leggings?! Now I'm tempted to make another purchase.. I think most of my money goes toward makeup & leggings lol.

@ohheyitscindyk Yeah, I didn't know either! But then again I'm not up to date on Spanx anything. I was skeptical of jean leggings because I remember when jeggings first came out (does anyone use that term anymore?!) they were so fake and obviously leggings.

They don't really do a better job of keeping anything in than skinny jeans, but were quite comfy! They stretched out a tiny tiny bit, nothing compared to how my skinnies tend to stretch out and nothing a quick wash can't fix!

RE: Re: Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2017

I ordered the Spanx faux leather leggings. The reviews are hit or miss. Kinda hope I love them because the pics look great. Kinda hope I hate them so I don't spend the money.

Re: RE: Re: Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2017

@k617 Haha yes jeggings! They did look fake! I'm glad to hear they're comfortable, I will have to pick up a pair- thanks for the review 🙂

Re: RE: Re: Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2017

@shimmerbait The faux leather ones were pretty nice, made my butt look great but even though it wasn't too much like leather, I just couldn't see myself wearing it (not my style!) I have never owned any Spanx leggings but the leather ones were much tighter than the jeans ones (I would've had to buy a M rather than the S in the jean leggings)

Had a great time going shopping at the Nordies sale on my birthday.  Now I just need to check back from time to time because a couple items were sold out. Fingers crossed they will be restocking.

Happy birthday @AMK721

Thank you @blackkitty2014 means a lot 😃

testing