Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

No holding back November hauls 2020

Please share your November hauls here.  The holidays are coming up right around the corner and the Sephora sale is going on this month. This is the perfect time to help others put together their holiday wish lists or find the perfect gift for others. I can’t wait to see what we haul this month. Enabling welcomed!

776E15C8-CA20-4D97-8900-B2DD0D145C9D.jpeg

Re: No holding back November hauls 2020

The pattern on that Kiko Milano lipstick and the palette are beautiful! So many beautiful treats! Nicely done @Zvezdochka

Great hauls, @Zvezdochka!! That Kiko Milano highlight palette 🤩!! Enjoy your goodies!!

@Zvezdochka   Glad to hear great things about the new Kiko collection!

@Zvezdochka  Wow awesome haul!’ Those swatches are beautiful!

Ooo the EA Green Tea is nice, how's it with the pear blossom in it @Zvezdochka?

@ShortErica   I enjoy EA original Green Tea so much. I have also gotten EA Green Tea & Fig and this Green Tea & Pear. In both I can definitely detect the scent of the original Green Tea. The pear one also has sweetness of the fruit. It’s very summery scent but at the same time it remains light and fresh. The fig one has easily identifiable tart(ish) scent of fig fruit (similar to the one in Joe Malone Lotus & Fig and Atelier Cologne Figuire Ardent), but also remains light and fresh. I was unsure whether this new additions would ruin the fragrance, but they did not. It’s still my lovely GreenTea but with new interesting notes. 

Mmm sounds wonderful! Thanks for all those details @Zvezdochka 😊

@Zvezdochka Great haul.  Love the lip colors; they are gorgeous.

@Zvezdochka @Ohh those swatches are so pretty!

Beautiful haul @Zvezdochka!🤩

@Zvezdochka , I always like the variety of your hauls.  I love the packaging on the Elizabeth Arden product.  And those swatches are so sparkly.

@danielledanielle  Oh thank you. There are so many new interesting products and brands nowadays. And I want to try most of them 🙀😂 I guess I’m that girl who would rather have 5 tapas then one pizza lol 

Glossier order, plus Sephora holiday orders 2 and 3 (not pictured or listed: a few secret gifts for my BIC elf): 

I seem to have all the Cloud Paint shades now. :DI seem to have all the Cloud Paint shades now. 😄
Swatches & notes: 
Spoiler
ILIA Super Serum Skin Tint in shade 14 Dominica (left out of the Sephora photo but included in the Target photo) - this shade is supposed to be medium dark with neutral undertones. I haven’t put it on my face yet but I tried it on my hand and I dunno, it pulls quite warm toned. It also has a scent I’m not sure how to describe; I hope that doesn’t linger on my face. Maybe I’ll try it tomorrow. I have a feeling I’ll need to set it with powder, but we’ll see. 

Glossier: 
  • Cloud Paint in shades Eve and Spark - being a Cloud Paint blush fan (I own all the old shades), of course I had to try these 2 new shades! I meant to try one on my cheeks today but didn’t. Eh, maybe tomorrow. 
  • Skywash in shades Lawn and Echo - I’ve never tried this liquid eyeshadow before. Since these aren’t “Glossier Play” branded, I expected them to be washes of color instead of boldly opaque pigments. In my swatch photo, you’ll see one coat of Echo and 3-4 coats of Lawn. (I wanted to see how much I could build up that chartreuse color.) This shadow dries down to a matte finish and feel; it’s not creamy. I’ll have to play with it to figure out how best to use it. 
Natasha Denona: 
  • Mini Gold Palette - finally decided to buy this, and now I wonder what took me so long. That green! Those shifting golds! This palette fits my smoky eye aesthetic well enough to earn travel kit status. 
  • Chromium Liquid Eyeshadow - rather than take a chance on the Triochrome palette (which still tempts me), I decided to buy 3 of these guaranteed multichrome liquid shadows. Dogbane reminds me a lot of PMG Corruption, one of my favorite duochromes ever—except Dogbane’s a multichrome instead. Infra Nude has a much more subtle shift, which is precisely why I chose it. And I’ve stalked Scarab since it was first released, so I’m thrilled to finally have it. 
Swatches: top 2 = Glossier Skywash; middle 3 = ND Chromium Liquid shadows; bottom 2 = Glossier Cloud Paints.Swatches: top 2 = Glossier Skywash; middle 3 = ND Chromium Liquid shadows; bottom 2 = Glossier Cloud Paints.A better view of Dogbane's trichrome shift.A better view of Dogbane's trichrome shift.ND Mini Gold palette swatches.ND Mini Gold palette swatches.
Target run (plus an item I left out of the Sephora photo): 

ILIA should've been in the Sephora photo but I accidentally left it out. Oops.ILIA should've been in the Sephora photo but I accidentally left it out. Oops.
Notes: 
Spoiler
I mentioned the ILIA item in the previous spoiler tag. 

CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser Bar - a restock. I still love a few other body washes but, as part of my ongoing waste reduction efforts, I’ve gone back to bars as my main body cleansers. Most soap bars are too drying for me and I don’t like the Caress or Dove bars. (They leave my skin feeling too coated.) CeraVe’s bar is perfect for me. I also occasionally use it as a face cleanser while I’m in the shower, and it works well without drying or stripping my skin. 

Aveeno Eczema Therapy Daily Moisturizing Cream - possibly my new favorite facial moisturizer. I wish it was more emollient like my former favorite (YTTP Superfood Moisturizer, which I can no longer use), but a little facial oil layered under or mixed in can fix that. I’m glad my skin loves something that’s so affordable, relatively speaking. I might also use it as a body lotion once temps drop below freezing. 

Specific Beauty Advanced Dark Spot Corrector Pads - I kept seeing this dermatologist-founded brand at my local Targets and finally gave in to curiosity. These pads contain two effective but very unstable skin brightening ingredients: ascorbic acid and kojic acid. I’m not sure how effective they’ll remain in pad form, since repeated jar opening allows air and light exposure. But the pads also contain bearberry extract, arbutin, and licorice root extract (they’re also brighteners), plus green tea, so they should be beneficial. Dr. Heather Woolery-Lloyd created this brand to address issues with melanin-rich complexions, such as hyperpigmentation and uneven skin tone—2 of my personal skincare goals. 👍

Wow, those green colors are striking, @WinglessOne! They'll look gorgeous on you!

Great haul @WinglessOne  The Shadows look amazing especially the swatch of the green shade called scarab it’s super pretty. 

Great haul, @WinglessOne!! Those swatches 🤩🤩!! Enjoy your goodies!!

@WinglessOne  Interesting about the ilia it’s been on my radar once I’ve gotten through what I have now. I’m interested in if the scent lingers and how it performs. And if you have to set it with powder or if it’s good on it’s own. 

@ather  I keep forgetting to apply it before sunset 🤦‍♀️ (I reach for one of my usual sunscreens instead), but I'll tag you when I've given it a full day test. 

Nice haul @WinglessOne! The mini gold palette is so pretty!

@WinglessOne lovely haul!! Those ND swatches 😍

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos362
  • 776E15C8-CA20-4D97-8900-B2DD0D145C9D.jpeg
  • 1102201212.jpg
  • 1102201213.jpg
  • 1102201226.jpg
  • 1102201228.jpg
  • 1102201231.jpg
  • IMG_20201102_124019045.jpg