Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
Anonymous Insider

New to makeup

Hi my name is Runqi and i am new to makeup i do not know how to put any on or which brand to use if you can help me please reply.

Re: New to makeup

Hi @AwesomeMakeover,

I recommend starting with the basics. Mascara, lipgloss, and cheek color. One of my favorite mascaras is the BENEFIT COSMETICS - Roller Lash Curling & Lifting Mascara - Black. It gives you amazing lashes in one swipe. Another product I love is the MILK MAKEUP - Lip + Cheek - Swish. This is great for both lips and cheeks and is so easy to apply! Hope this helps with your makeup journey!

Best,
Rebecca 

RE: New to makeup

Welcome to the world of makeup. In order your makeup should be flawless you will need to clean and Prep your skin probably. I don’t know your skin type or skin tone so I would advise you to go into a Sephora and speak to there skincare dept. I have dry skin and love Neutrogena foam face wash. Then I like using a sugar scub I have many diff brands to get off my dry skin. Next you need a good moisturizer I love Glam Glow. The smell is heavenly and gives you a nice glow. I also love Clinique moisture surge. In foundations I love Dior backstage is very buildable and best to apply with a damp beauty blender. If you want to sculpt you face you can use tart contour pallet Park Ave princess or kat von d. For blush. I like the tart clay blushes or Mac also has a nice variety of blushes I have about 12 from them and their nice and pigmented. Now let’s talk shadows. I love Anastasia Beverly hill palettes their a great starter. Or get some morphs palette their very cheap for what you get. Don’t forget to set you makeup I love Urban Decay all nighter. Watch as many YouTube clips on application as possible. Good luck.

Re: New to makeup

@AnonymousFirst of all welcome to the world of makeup, there are so many places to start, especially with brands. But best advice is make sure you have a good make up primer for eyes and face, since those are the ones that hold the product in place. For brands it varies, I usually love Marc Jacobs for eyeliners and lip glosses, Nars for lipstick chubby sticks, Too Faced, MAC and Make up forever for eyeshadows, but as I said there are many other amazing brands out there, and it just depends on your price point, and what look your going for.

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing