Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Must Have May Hauls 2023

Please share your hauls for this month whether it be for yourself or for your lovely Mother/Mother figure. 

Happy Birthday to all the May babies and Happy Mother’s Day (May 14th) to all the Gorgeous and hardworking Mamas/Mamas to be!!!

Mother’s Day gift ideas 2023  

IMG_6666.jpeg

IMG_6664.jpeg

Re: Must Have May Hauls 2023

Ooh yes, let us know what you think! @lmaster 

@lmaster, the ergonomic design is wonderful. Will be interested to hear your thoughts on it. 

Thanks for the tag @itsfi  I've got to use another time or two, the first couple of times I got some uneven distribution and smudging, but I love the color, so we'll see. Glad you are loving it!   

@sister13, my first use wasn't great but the subsequent ones worked out much better. If you end up using it a few more times, I'd love hear how it goes. 

Haha, I felt like my first time was great but after that, not as great! But, will def try before I make a final,verdict! @itsfi 

Lol. We can experience products differently, can’t we @sister13? This one sounds fussy for you; I do hope it works out. Would love to know if you have go-to liquid eyeliners.

Oh yes!! The Benefit Cosmetics Roller Liner Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner  is my Holly grail, though only comes in black and brown, it’s incredible and does not budge even on my hooded eyes! Sephora collection is pretty good. And the Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Perfect Strokes Matte Liquid Liner Black  has a flexy softer tip that takes a little getting used to, but this one also lasts so well on me, which is “rare”, lol, I’ll see myself out! @itsfi 

Never stop with the puns @sister13! Never!! Love it! 😊 Jotting these recs down! 

@itsfi Nice haul! The Dior polish shade is really nice. I like the clear pink polish. I am looking forward to see what you create with it. How do you use the Bioderma? Aren't those mushrooms so cute?!

@Mellmars1185, thank you so much. Oh, aren’t the mushroom sponges just so darn cute?!! I really am thinking about picking up another set.

The Dior clear pink polish is going to be the more challenging one to figure out what nail look to create with it, other than wearing it on its own. Going to have to noodle on that one for a while. 🤔 

I use the Bioderma on a mini makeup eraser or a cotton round as a pre-cleanse when I wear waterproof eye products (mascara or eyeliner or both) and to breakdown sunblock before I start my double cleanse. I would love to tell you I did this nightly because my skin tends to look its best when I do this consistently but I don’t always do this pre cleanse - it’s a work in progress. Like so many other things. 

I’ll place the Bioderma soaked makeup eraser / cotton round on my closed eyelids and gently hold it there for maybe 10 seconds to break up the waterproof product. I’ve found this to be more gentle on my eyes which is always a plus, but especially when it’s allergy season or when I’ve had a long day and my eyes are tired or strained as it is. 

@itsfi I like this technique. You may have sold me on this!

@Mellmars1185, Bioderma offers different versions of their micellar water and each comes in a travel size which might be a good way to try it out. 

* Pink cap - original version, geared toward sensitive skin 🩷 

* Blue cap - for sensitive, dry, dehydrated skin (I think this is the one @Samtian likes. Tagging her here as she may be able to share how she uses the micellar water). 💙 [EDIT - it’s actually the green cap 👇🏼 samtian uses]

* Green cap - for sensitive, oily, acne prone skin 💚 

I believe they also have a version for kids and babies but it’s not as readily accessible as the above three. 

@itsfi Thank you!! I once bought a 2 pack of these from Shopper's because it was 2 for 1. I can't remember what colour it was. I definitely want to give it another try. I think the travel size idea of wach kind would be a good place to start. I have to go to a plaza tomorrow where they might have it. I will keep you posted on if I cam find them!

@itsfi @Mellmars1185 Green cap/blue liquid is the one I like. I use it as the first step of my double cleanse as well. I'm not gentle like itsfi is haha I lather the cotton round and just rub everywhere. 

@Samtian Great to know it works for you even when you are not gentle! 

Great hauls @itsfi.

@Loretta55, thank you. These have been proving to be great finds.

Nice haul @itsfi! Enjoy all your goodies!

Thank you @faeriegirl! I'm slowly working my way through these hauls and I don't have any complaints so far.

@itsfi ,

I'm curious about the Guerlain foundation!  Do you know if it contains chemical sunscreen?  

Very nice haul!

Thank you @tsavorite! It’s been fun trying out the new goodies. 😃 No sunscreen in the Guerlain. 

Conversation Stats
Photos222
  • Viseart Editorial Brights - an old swatch photo of my full size palette. These swatches were done with a shader brush.
  • IMG_6664.jpeg
  • IMG_6666.jpeg
  • IMG_20230502_093525614.jpg
  • IMG_20230502_093825542_HDR.jpg
  • EA3D00DA-49D7-4A57-B8FF-7FA2E953BFA9.jpeg
  • How nice is Sassy Sauce’s Box?
  • E259D1E3-27F0-43AD-8473-3CE35EFF3E0B.jpeg
  • This packages cannot be cuter!
  • Look at these colors!
  • 5A91FA60-A33A-4CDB-B5A7-973C10A539D4.jpeg
  • IMG_6972.jpeg
  • IMG_4666.jpeg