Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Meaningful March Hauls 2023

503889E4-CC29-4FA3-A86B-C8C71E3CBE15.jpeg

94DA9A32-707D-4413-A9F6-C0191554156E.jpeg

Please share your hauls for this month. Happy Birthday to all the March babies and Happy International Women’s Day (March 8th).

Re: Meaningful March Hauls 2023

Beautiful choices on you @Loretta55 ! 😍 I adore the Youthforia blush too, so natural and smooth isn’t it?! It would be so fun if it comes to Sephora! Paws crossed! 

Hopefully Sephora will start carrying Youthforia @Sunnysmom . I am liking more natural looking products lately.

Agree @Loretta55 ! Less is more I find as well! Light look offset by a good lip and we’re good to go! 🥰

@Loretta55 Beautiful lip oil haul. You are so right about being perfect for no makeup makeup days.

I am shocked with the staying power of lip oils @Mellmars1185. They are becoming fast favorites and they are foolproof .

Small Ulta order: 

hauls-2023-march-22-Ulta.jpeg

Notes: 
Spoiler
COSRX: 

• Master Patch Intensive - Ulta doesn’t sell my favorite hydrocolloid patches (COSRX AC Collection patches that contain centella asiatica) but these are a good alternative. They contain a bit of salicylic acid and tea tree oil. My skin’s always iffy about tea tree oil but doesn’t throw tantrums at these patches. Like the AC Collection patches, these are ovals which are easier for me to handle than round patches. 

I very recently chatted elsewhere on BIC about hydrocolloid patches. I don’t intentionally pop pimples, but sometimes rubbing my face will rupture them. At that point, they become open lesions. That’s what hydrocolloid patches are great for: absorbing the crud that leaks out of ruptured acne and creating a protective healing environment for that broken skin. 

• GWP: Vitamin C 23 Serum - 2 boxes of pimple patches met the buy-in for this full size freebie. Contains 23% ascorbic acid, plus skin soothing panthenol, allantoin, adenosine, and licorice root, along with goodies like glutathione, niacinamide, arginine, caffeine, and sodium hyaluronate. It’s water-based but also contains squalane, palm oil (which I hope is sustainably sourced), sunflower oil, safflower oil, and camellia oil. I haven’t opened the bottle yet (don’t wanna start the degradation clock on ascorbic acid until I’m ready to start testing this serum) so I don’t know if this serum feels oily at all. 

The Ordinary Resveratrol 3% + Ferulic Acid 3% 1 oz/ 30 mL - a replacement. I had a bottle of this last year to test, but only used it 2 or 3 times before I accidentally knocked it off the bathroom counter. 😡 After cleaning up the shattered glass and serum puddle/splatter, I meant to buy a replacement to continue testing. Finally doing that now. 

What’s Up Beauty, LynBDesigns, and Lord & Taylor of all places (I hadn’t shopped at L&T since they closed their Chicago store many years ago)

Looks like my label printer's cartridge is nearly empty.Looks like my label printer's cartridge is nearly empty.Yeah, the 2 yellow swatch sticks are beside the wrong polishes; pretend they're swapped. Keep Rolling is a magnetic polish. On its swatch stick, the nail is magnetized and the swatch below it is not.Yeah, the 2 yellow swatch sticks are beside the wrong polishes; pretend they're swapped. Keep Rolling is a magnetic polish. On its swatch stick, the nail is magnetized and the swatch below it is not.
Flash photo and notes: 
Spoiler
The 3 People of Color polishes are from their Por la Cultura collection. One of them, Comida Frita, has haunted me for about a year as “that corn tortilla polish I shoulda bought but didn’t.” Hunting it down led me to Lord & Taylor, where I also found 2 more polishes from this collection I couldn't leave behind. Either L&T had a sale or I found a promo code somewhere; don't recall which of those scenarios got me 20% off each bottle. 

LynBDesigns got me again with another half-off sale: I proudly talked myself out of buying anything from the newest collection, only to cave on the What We Do In the Shadows collection. (It’s one of my favorite TV shows.) I did manage to buy just 3 polishes this time so, eh, still proud of myself. 😂 

What’s Up Beauty had a B2G1 sale early this month. Good way to get 2 of my stalked KBShimmer polishes for free, and I grabbed a couple more Cirque Colors plain jellies and a magnetic Colores de Carol polish. 

Flash photos of most polishes to show off any holo rainbows and other sparkly glittery goodness: 

hauls-2023-march-22-nailsflash.jpeg

Beautiful polish haul @WinglessOne !

Thanks @faeriegirl !

That's great information about the hydrocolloid patches, @WinglessOne. Lovely nail polish colors! 

@WinglessOne you have such an eye at picking the most gorgeous colors 

@WinglessOne "Sweet Cheese" is stunning!  Also interested in the CosRX serum; I still haven't purchased anything from CosRx but it's on my "to try" list.

Nail colors are fantastic @WinglessOne especially the greens, wowsers. Every now and then I have found some good stuff from L & T too! Miss the good old days of some of these classic dept stores. Sigh. 😕

Nice haul @WinglessOne! I didn’t know Ulta carried Cosrx. I can only get that at Asian beauty stores here. 

@JoSometimes  Pink n Blossom is a Canadian online retailer that carries COSRX and several other K-beauty brands. I've ordered from them several times with no issues. Their free shipping minimum is $69 CAD. 

Thanks for the tip @WinglessOne! Please excuse me while I browse their shop. Might also have to have a conversation with my wallet…

@JoSometimes, yup!  I have learned to expand my shopping rolodex at BIC!

(You can also get Cosrx Dermstore, too.)

@danielledanielle I’m in Canada. Shipping anything across the border would drive the cost up too much...

I know a few Asian beauty shops that carry it near my work, so it’s not so bad.

I see it once and awhile at Marshall's @JoSometimes 

Ah! I didn't realize, but keep looking, you'll never know where a brand will pop up somewhere @JoSometimes 

@WinglessOne Oh so fantastic haul! The patches look really great. I use patches all or the time but have not used one with salicylic acid before. All of the nail polishes are fantastic. I don't even know how to choose which one is my favourite. Congratulations on the freebie.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos216
  • 503889E4-CC29-4FA3-A86B-C8C71E3CBE15.jpeg
  • 64AD6904-F101-461C-97E5-3394919FAE58.jpeg
  • Hey, I remembered to include the samples & GWP in my photo this time!
  • hauls-2023-march-1-swatches.jpeg
  • Screenshot_20230214-112208.png
  • IMG_20230223_124111154.jpg
  • IMG_20230221_152228516.jpg
  • 94DA9A32-707D-4413-A9F6-C0191554156E.jpeg
  • 5FA68248-353E-4863-A29D-F0308C3F1BA2.jpeg
  • BE1B2975-9414-40F6-8764-300F96DF41AF.jpeg
  • 27FB6912-457F-44E4-BD82-32A442E1B086.jpeg
  • D32297EB-F47D-467C-81A9-9239F61D7A1F.jpeg
  • 25ED42AB-8515-4FEF-ADDB-8A9F75664B51.jpeg
  • bday-752.gif
  • 20230303_061409.jpg