Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Meaningful March Hauls 2023

503889E4-CC29-4FA3-A86B-C8C71E3CBE15.jpeg

94DA9A32-707D-4413-A9F6-C0191554156E.jpeg

Please share your hauls for this month. Happy Birthday to all the March babies and Happy International Women’s Day (March 8th).

Re: Meaningful March Hauls 2023

M’y beloved GHD 1inch iron died so it was time for a new flat iron.  I was trying to find the same iron and couldn’t find it anywhere without having to order and wait for it so the next best option was  this glorious pink beauty.  I like the wireless option.  We’ll see how long it lasts wireless but if it lasts an entire hair straightening without a cord I will be sooo happy!  
Every time I straightened my hair my cord would always get caught on my drawer handles.  This could be a game changer. 
I’m curious as to why it needs an airplane mode.  Something to investigate. 

F7F59E43-14D7-4E73-BFF3-2936049A6170.jpeg

That looks awesome @heartsmyface!💗

@heartsmyface ,

This is a beautiful color!  I'm glad to read how much you like using this wireless option from Dyson!

@heartsmyface  Oooooo is this the Dyson one? I’ve been wanting it but I keep holding off! Can’t wait to hear your thoughts!

@heartsmyface gorgeous haul

Cordless flat iron sounds interesting @heartsmyface. I stopped flat ironing my hair when I got arthritis in my hands. It used to take me a full hour to flat iron my entire head. I still have those flat irons. I really like the pink color of the flat iron.

Ooh, enjoy your new Dyson, @heartsmyface!

So sorry your old straightener bit the dust @heartsmyface , that's no fun... but new tools are defintley a fun time 😉

I hope this does keep a charge for a whole session of hair styling, it's looks pretty fab!

@CynthieLu   It did the trick with plenty of battery left.  I used about 1/4 of the battery.  My hair is pretty short though. it does plug in as well so it’s not like one would be out of commission but the battery life seems good 

@heartsmyface I had my ghd 1" for over a decade as well.  It died about two years ago, and I was sad.  I bought a new ghd but in my opinion the quality had really diminished.   I returned it and bought a T3.  Good luck with the Dyson!  

@greeneyedgirl107  Aww, that’s too bad.  Was the weight completely different?  I couldn’t even find anyone that carried the brand.  They were so reliable once upon a time.
That does make me feel a little better about my purchase though.

I love my T3 electric curling rolls (even though I haven’t touched them in a while:). hopefully the quality stayed the same with them as it used to be. 

@heartsmyface yes!  It felt so light and flimsy!  It didn't get my hair straightened as nicely, either.  It went back immediately. 

@greeneyedgirl107 @Yeah as much as a light flat iron sounds ideal, there’s a difference between something being light and it feeling like it was cheaply made. I had heard that they weren’t the same but I haven’t had a chance to hold a newer one yet to confirm for myself.  
The Dyson is heavier than any flat iron I’ve had in the past but it’s not to the point it’s an issue with styling.  Again my hair is short so I’m not having to iron a whole lot. And it irons my hair quickly being wider than my 1inch.   As it grows longer I may change my mind but for now it’s working to my advantage. 

@heartsmyface Enjoy the Dyson and let us know how it works out for you!  I'm curious.

@heartsmyface I am sorry the old straightener broke. Your new one sounds like it is a good one! The fact that it is wireless is a nice change. I can relate to the cord getting stuck. It would get twisted, and it is a whole ordeal. Airplane mode...hmm, i am interested in hearing about that!

@Mellmars1185  oh yeah the cord somehow worked it’s way into knots that I eventually gave up on untangling each time I used it.  I had the GHD for almost 12 years so to be expected with all the twisting the cable endured.  
Here’s what I found on the airplane mode;

International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) regulations state that cordless straighteners can only be carried on an aircraft if the heaters are isolated from the battery. To meet these regulations, your Dyson Corrale™ straightener has been designed with a Flight-ready tag that disconnects the battery.

Makes you wonder how they decided this was necessary…have people been using straighteners on the plane?International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) regulations state that cordless straighteners can only be carried on an aircraft if the heaters are isolated from the battery. To meet these regulations, your Dyson Corrale™ straightener has been designed with a Flight-ready tag that disconnects the battery.

Perhaps why no one sees anyone straightening their hair on an airplane😅 I can’t say I wouldn’t have tried at some point- though there’s barely enough room on a plane to put your hair up let alone mess with  a hot iron.

@heartsmyface That is very interesting! Thank you for looking into it and sharing.

I see it as a risk of it possibly turning on in someone's luggage mid flight ✈️ 🔥 or maybe it is to stop mid flight styling sessions 😋 right? Imagine in those tiny bathrooms and turbulence, oh gosh! @heartsmyface @Mellmars1185 

@heartsmyface niiice! It's so pretty 💗

@CookieGirl1  I LOVE the pink!  definitely not worth the extra cost but it did help rationalize the purchase.   Curiosity got the better of me coupled with being in a hurry and having to make a choice between the irons we could locate in our 20 minute pit stop at the mall.  

@heartsmyface absolutely worth the price for the amazing color!

Conversation Stats
Photos216
  • 503889E4-CC29-4FA3-A86B-C8C71E3CBE15.jpeg
  • 64AD6904-F101-461C-97E5-3394919FAE58.jpeg
  • Hey, I remembered to include the samples & GWP in my photo this time!
  • hauls-2023-march-1-swatches.jpeg
  • Screenshot_20230214-112208.png
  • IMG_20230223_124111154.jpg
  • IMG_20230221_152228516.jpg
  • 94DA9A32-707D-4413-A9F6-C0191554156E.jpeg
  • 5FA68248-353E-4863-A29D-F0308C3F1BA2.jpeg
  • BE1B2975-9414-40F6-8764-300F96DF41AF.jpeg
  • 27FB6912-457F-44E4-BD82-32A442E1B086.jpeg
  • D32297EB-F47D-467C-81A9-9239F61D7A1F.jpeg
  • 25ED42AB-8515-4FEF-ADDB-8A9F75664B51.jpeg
  • bday-752.gif
  • 20230303_061409.jpg