Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Magnificent May Hauls 2019

May might be the hauliest month so far with this sale going on!

Show me your goodies 😉

So far I've purchased:

MARC JACOBS BEAUTY - Accomplice Concealer & Touch-Up Stick

DRUNK ELEPHANT - D-Bronzi Anti-Pollution Bronzing Drops

Shiseido Super-Soft, 100% Natural Facial Cotton 165 sheets

MILK MAKEUP Mini Hydro Grip Hydrating Makeup Primer with Hyaluronic Acid + Niacinamide .33 / 10 mL

Moroccanoil Intense Hydrating Mask 8.5 oz/ 250 mL

LANEIGE - Lip Glowy Balm

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Sun Stalk'r Instant Warmth Bronzer I$land Ting

GIVENCHY - Teint Couture Everwear Foundation

DIOR - BACKSTAGE Eyeshadow Palette amber neutrals

Natasha Denona Bloom Cheek Palette 0.48 oz/ 13.7 g

NARS - Endless Orgasm Palette

PATRICK TA Major Glow Setting Fan

TOUCH IN SOL - Metallist Sparkling Foiled Eye Shadow - sun aurora/persian rose

Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Ultra-Fine Mist 2.53 oz/ 75 mL

Natasha Denona Biba All Neutral Eyeshadow Palette Full Size Biba Neutral Eyeshadow Palette

Sol de Janeiro Glowmotions Glow Body Oil Copacabana Bronze

Tatcha The Dewy Skin Cream Plumping & Hydrating Moisturizer 1.7 oz / 50 mL

JO MALONE LONDON - Frangipani Flower Cologne

And last, but not least my fiancé picked out a new cologne TOM FORD Tuscan Leather Eau de Parfum Fragrance 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

Honestly after typing this all out I really thought  I hadn't bought much, however my list proves otherwise. Thankfully I got a ton of gift cards for my birthday so I only paid $100 out of pocket. Some of the items are still en route, once they get here I will post a pic of my mildly shameful haul LOL

IMG_4922.jpg

Re: Magnificent May Hauls 2019

Thanks @Teresa44443 !

@WinglessOne love the MAC haul. 

Thanks @SportyGirly125 !

@WinglessOne   Psssstt...check Belk!

@Ispend2much6  Oh, I’ve been checking all over. 🙂 I found Blue Beat! But no Fireworks 😞 except eBay, and I’m always kinda iffy about buying makeup from eBay. 

those are so pretty @WinglessOne 💗

those are so pretty @WinglessOne 💗

Re: those are so pretty @WinglessOne 💗

Thanks @lmaster ! 

Wow, that's a lipstick haul! @WinglessOne 

Thanks @l8totheparty !

Great haul @WinglessOne! Enjoy your lovely lippies❤️

Thanks @faeriegirl !

@WinglessOne  I don't think I've ever tried this formula. But maybe I shouldn't in case I really love it and can't get it again. 

@PrettyPaint  I haven’t asked MAC if they’re ditching the entire line, partly because I don’t wanna hear “yes.” But I noticed a couple shades available in a few places that aren’t marked down yet, including Ulta (if they still have Burnt Violet), and that’s kinda odd. I should just ask MAC about it and see if they plan to replace Liptensity with something equally awesome, because this is a formula I’d recommend to anyone but it’s hard to say “YES, definitely try one—but make sure you buy at least 2 tubes, in case you fall in love!” 😂

@WinglessOne Oh hmmm. Hopefully they are just rebranding or repackaging them, but I have a hard time predicting what mac is going to do sometimes. I think I had better try at least one then. 🙂

@WinglessOne 

Stopped in based on the Liptensity thumbnail and was not surprised in the least to see it was your haul 😋

Mine will look similar...I also wound up with 8 when all was said and done. (Wait, who says I'm done? 😇) I had planned on picking up one or two here and there over time, but I guess MAC had other plans for us!

@RGbrown  😂 I ordered a couple more from other stores. I haven’t visited my local standalone MAC store because I’m more likely to overbuy in person. Can’t wait to see which shades you bought! 

@WinglessOne 

I visited my local MAC only to walk out frustrated. They had a bunch of testers...but only for shades that were oos. They had Noblesse for sale, but no tester, so I asked the gaggle of employees that were hanging around chatting with each other if by chance they had another tester for it in the back, and was told no. Then one lady took Noblesse from me, opened it, turned around to the regular matte lipstick display, held it up to the purples, and said "oh, it'll be kinda like one of these shades but creamier".

Not surprisingly, I walked out empty handed. Then I went home and ordered online. 🙄

Oh, hey, do you have PMG Exxotica? How does it compare to Noblesse? The lady also told me it would probably look just like what I was wearing that day (and I don't think they'll be that close...Noblesse looks much bluer in my mind, where PMG has more burgundy/red to its purpleness but maybe I'm wrong). I'll be able to compare myself later this week, but was just curious on your thoughts if you had both.

@RGbrown  What a lousy MAC store experience. I understand being too low on inventory to make a new tester, but good grief. Noblesse is creamy, but not as much as many other Liptensities. Actually, my old one—the one I lost (err, accidentally left behind at a hotel) felt better than the new one I bought. I mean the new one feels comfy, but it’s stiffer than I remember my old one being. I tried it on without lip balm, but I think a balm base might make it patchy and hard to even out. It doesn’t feel super dry to me without balm, and I often don’t wear balm under Liptensity shades anyway, so... hmm. 

I do have Exxotica! Here are some swatches. They’re close, but Noblesse has a bluer base. It might not be easy to see the difference in hand swatches, but it’s obvious once I wear both shades on my lips (one shade on one half, the other shade on the other half). I didn’t take a photo of that because I wiped it all off before I realized “oh shoot, I shoulda took a photo!” [Edited wording for clarity because my Managing Editor brain couldn’t let it slide.]  

L: daylight. R: bathroom light.L: daylight. R: bathroom light.

I threw in a few more shades for reference. 

1. NARS Liv 

2. MAC Noblesse 

3. PMG Exxotica

4. MAC Hellebore

5. NARS Charlotte 

L: MAC Noblesse. R: PMG Exxotica.L: MAC Noblesse. R: PMG Exxotica.

@WinglessOne 

You are seriously the bestest! I do see the bluerness (totally a word now) in your swatches, and I think it may be the purple I've been hunting. I love Exxotica dearly (it keeps making it's way closer to the top of my favorites list) but want something with a similar depth of color, just a bit more blue/less red. Your stiff comment gives me the slightest of pauses (I wear nothing without balm underneath), but I can't wait for mine to arrive...I'm excited to test it out!

@RGbrown  Yay, glad that helped! I love it when the perfect shade is finally found. Hope it works well for you! 

@RGbrown  Awww man, now I am thinking I really need to try these. For some reason I just never got a chance to try this formula!

3,234 Replies
testing