Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Magnificent May Hauls 2019

May might be the hauliest month so far with this sale going on!

Show me your goodies 😉

So far I've purchased:

MARC JACOBS BEAUTY - Accomplice Concealer & Touch-Up Stick

DRUNK ELEPHANT - D-Bronzi Anti-Pollution Bronzing Drops

Shiseido Super-Soft, 100% Natural Facial Cotton 165 sheets

MILK MAKEUP Mini Hydro Grip Hydrating Makeup Primer with Hyaluronic Acid + Niacinamide .33 / 10 mL

Moroccanoil Intense Hydrating Mask 8.5 oz/ 250 mL

LANEIGE Lip Glowy Balm Berry

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Sun Stalk'r Instant Warmth Bronzer I$land Ting

GIVENCHY - Teint Couture Everwear Foundation

DIOR - BACKSTAGE Eyeshadow Palette amber neutrals

Natasha Denona Bloom Cheek Palette 0.48 oz/ 13.7 g

NARS - Endless Orgasm Palette

PATRICK TA Major Glow Setting Fan

TOUCH IN SOL - Metallist Sparkling Foiled Eye Shadow - sun aurora/persian rose

Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Ultra-Fine Mist 2.53 oz/ 75 mL

Natasha Denona Biba All Neutral Eyeshadow Palette Full Size Biba Neutral Eyeshadow Palette

Sol de Janeiro Glowmotions Glow Body Oil Copacabana Bronze

Tatcha The Dewy Skin Cream Plumping & Hydrating Moisturizer 1.7 oz / 50 mL

JO MALONE LONDON - Frangipani Flower Cologne

And last, but not least my fiancé picked out a new cologne TOM FORD Tuscan Leather Eau de Parfum Fragrance 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

Honestly after typing this all out I really thought  I hadn't bought much, however my list proves otherwise. Thankfully I got a ton of gift cards for my birthday so I only paid $100 out of pocket. Some of the items are still en route, once they get here I will post a pic of my mildly shameful haul LOL

IMG_4922.jpg

Re: Magnificent May Hauls 2019

oooh that blush @WinglessOne ! Would love your thoughts on it ! I haven't tried her blush dual pans - just the duo glows. Would love thoughts on the formula!

@Kim888  I tried the bold pink blush today and, of course, went overboard because that’s so easy to do with ND blushes. 😂 In my very warm bathroom lighting, I couldn’t completely tell I’d applied too much—and for some dumb reason, I didn’t check in my beauty mirror—but I noticed right away when I went to a window to check it in daylight. I used a NARS coral blush to tone it down, so today wasn’t really a fair test. Next time I try (probably tomorrow), I’ll use a lighter hand. 

My Chikuhodo Z-4 picked up A LOT of pigment with one light zig-zag swipe of the pan. The blush blends very nicely, though, so if you do apply too much, you can blend yourself out of Pikachu cheeks—especially if you use a softer shade of blush to tone things down. For folks with lighter skin tones, the light pink blush in this duo would probably work well for that. But for me, that shade highlights more than it softens edges, so I didn’t use it today. The blush lasted several hours, but I’m not sure if that staying power was ND’s or Nars’s, so I need to test it again on its own. 

That blush looks so pretty @WinglessOne ! Would also love to know your thoughts on the 2 lip balms

@RNGesusPls  I meant to try one of the balms today, but I reached for Aquaphor out of habit and had already applied lip gloss before realizing what I’d done. D’oh.

I applied the Coola balm 5 minutes ago. It doesn’t smell bad, but it has a very slight taste... kinda like someone added a very subtle artificial berry flavor to try masking a chemical sunscreen taste, and both flavors are evident. It’s not strong enough to annoy me, and I think it’s disappearing—or I’m just getting used to it. 😂 This balm is pretty thick, but it’s not moisturizing enough for me: my lips are starting to feel weirdly dry beneath this stuff. This is almost exactly how my lips feel under most balms that contain honey, but the Coola balm doesn’t contain it. (Beeswax, but not honey.) Hmm. I need to try this under lipstick soon. 

@WinglessOne Oops lol too relatable

Thanks for the detailed review! I'll put that on my list to buy after I go through these 197391287319 lip balms. Would be nice to find a SPF balm that doesn't taste bitter

@WinglessOne great haul.  The ND blush looks beautiful. 

Thanks @SportyGirly125 !

@WinglessOne ,

Such interesting choices in your haul!  Inspiration.

Thanks @tsavorite ! 

Nice picks! @WinglessOne . I have the mascara and balm. Majority of the time I’m using the app on my phone and nothing works right. 

Thanks @Weetart ! I rarely use the app because it frustrates me. I’m usually here on my tablet, and sometimes on my phone (not via app though). Tagging stuff in general has become such a chore since BIC’s tech team’s tried to combat the spam floods. 

How do you like the balm? (Which one do you have?) Is it hydrating/moisturizing enough? No weird sunscreen taste? I had an SPF balm long ago that had an annoying chemical taste that kept me from using it much. Hopefully the Supergoop and/or Coola balms are much better. 🙂

Oh I didn’t notice there were two @WinglessOne . I meant the supergoop one. I keeps your lips a little wet feeling, nonsticky, so I dont think it’d make a good base. But it stayed on for a long time. I haven’t tested it with color underneath yet. 

@WinglessOne @SweetartMD I'd love to know if there's a chemical taste too in that balm! The Aquaphor spf one I'm using is so cheap but blegh the taste lol, so I have to be careful when applying

@RNGesusPls  @Weetart  Ugh, Aquaphor’s SPF balm drives me kinda nuts because of its taste. I rarely use it. My everyday balm is usually plain ol’ Aquaphor ointment, so I’m especially bummed that the SPF balm is so yucky. I’ve been looking for a better one lately. 

I have a large stockpile of Aquaphor travel-sized tubes. I keep one in my purse, another in the canvas tote I carry most often for shopping trips, one on my home office desk, one on my coffee table, one on my nightstand, one in the bathroom... I have them squirreled away throughout my apartment, plus a bunch of unopened ones stored in my linen closet. I do also have a larger tube in the bathroom. It’s perfect for tattoo healing! 

Hah! We are very similar with aquaphor love @WinglessOne . I get those little tubes in bulk too, all these fancy expensive ones out there, but it’s always my go to. I am bummed to hear the spf is nasty, kinda glad I never noticed it. 

Huh @RNGesusPls I didn’t even realize Aquaphor had a spf. I always have a massive fan of the tub of that stuff and purse sized ones in every purse for emergencies. I am heavily tattooed and not only use it to heal my tattoos, but also to keep that skin soft. I even use Vaseline lol. Hey, if it works! (The vaselines primary purpose is to slick up the poles on my bird feeders to keep the squirrels from eating up all the feed)

@Weetart @WinglessOne Yes to always having Aquaphor and Vaseline on hand! They're great occlusives for skin and wounds. I've had many accidents in the past and my doctors recommend them over Neosporin because of allergy concerns.

It's a bummer about the Aquaphor SPF. Tastes very bitter. I can still use it on the edges of my lips though.

Wow didn't know it makes a nice squirrel repellent!

Oh Vaseline is a great cruelty free way to keep the squirrels off the bird feeders. @RNGesusPls It’s actually kind of funny when the run up and put one paw on the pole and cringe away in an “ewwwww” gross reaction.

@Weetart That sounds so cute and funny lol like the same reaction with cats touching double-sided tape 

RE: Magnificent May Hauls 2019

Today I was driving home, traffic was bonkers, and I had to pee BAD. So I was like, okay next exit. I get off the exit and see TJMaxx, I’m like... I’ll “just” go in and use the bathroom. Then I’m leaving an hour later with one of those huge reusable bags full of stuff. Then I finally get home and there is a Sephora box at the door, I’m thinking oh! The new Fenty lippies! I open it and there are some purfumes... that I totally don’t remember ordering. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ But!!! I did pick up a KVD underage red, that was a winner winner.

Re: RE: Magnificent May Hauls 2019

You got the egg @Weetart@Shosh85 sent me one and I've only used it once but so far so good. Speaking of, I should probably use it again!

1 Reply
testing