Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

MARVELLOUS MAY HAULS!

Hope it's okay we continue the fun and haulin'

here for May!

It is Also Mother's day soon and my birthday month so I am excited to share what I will haul this month and would love to see yours as well! 

Screenshot_20170501-071832.jpg

Spoiler
Couple of My first hauls of the month (Mars Holo and MJ Whirlpool)

Screenshot_20170507-015128.jpg

Re: MARVELLOUS MAY HAULS!

Lol I am sorry I am not here to help stop your purchases at all --- LOOK AT THOSE LIPPIES!! And those shoes, my gosh! Two of my greatest weaknesses 😉 You are rockin' them!

Ah I LOVE LOVE LOVE these lipsticks.  I seriously wear Beach Babe everyday but I might need to pick up those two shades they are gorgeous.  I need to stop buying all the lipsticks that are the same shade too..

@sydtomato the formula is so good! I bought Rum Punch during the sale was was so impressed that now I want to collect them all! 

May14A few things I picked up today! Only spent a small amount because I had to make a few returns—I always feel bad about returns/exchanges!—and had a 10% voucher.

• Bought the full-sized Prisme Libre in Mousseline Pastel because I found the travel version to be awkward in design—too messy to transport often, too inconvenient to keep for regular use. (I think the Bésame lavender powder might be a better purse companion as far as loose options go. Or a nice vintage compact!)

Aside: I wish there were more talc-free loose options without any pearl/shimmering particles! I was interested in the Nars and really love the consistency of KVD (plus it's a good value). . . . I'd love to get my hands on the RMS Un-powder and Stellar setting powders + Haze to try them.

• Thought I was clever and got the Cover FX Perfect Pressed Powder to take the Prisme Libre Travel spot. I love the loose version and almost chose it over Givenchy, but I wanted the color correction/brightening of the PL. So, I opted for the Perfect Pressed instead of my plan (the blotting version) to get both in some form.
  • Figured I'd try the Sephora setting spray since I read such good things about it!
  • Wanted to try some new texturizing options. (Reference: I have thick, fine, typically straight and style-resistant Asian hair.) I kept switching back and forth between Bumble & Bumble and Verb salt products and texturizing sprays. I ended up with the IGK Down & Out Dirty Spray mini and it really has a similar effect to both (consolidation)! All for the better—B&B prices get old (though I will get the sumoclay) and no texturizer spray alone can topple Oribe, even if just for the scent.
  • Reality: trial sizes/minis are a terrible value (usually ¼ volume/mass for ½ cost) and I'M A SUCKER BECAUSE THEY'RE FUN. I like the portability, just not the principle, though I'm sure part of the cost is the packaging materials (and part of the principle is capitalizing on convenience). But then I saw the Supergoop Defense Refresh with Rosemary in the checkout . . . squiggle . . . and I'd been looking for a non-aerosol sunscreen or setting spray with SPF for added protection on long days outdoors. (The finish is great; the smell is eau de rubbing alcohol.)

Also said farewell to: Marc Jacobs O!Mega Volume in Garnet—nice color, but really dry (way too dry and flakey to use as a second coat on lash tips)—and bareMinerals Complexion Rescue (just wasn't impressed). Now if they'd get the new Nars tint in colors other than just Fair. . . .

I feel bad about returns/exchanges too 😞 Sometimes it has to be done though! 

The Prisme Libre is gorgeous 😄

Same here.  I have the mentality that if I buy something it's my problem if I don't like it.  The only caveat is if it arrives damaged/not as advertised.  

@heartsmyface @Mcakes

Exactly how I feel, too, especially when it's a product the local store carries, but I'm too lazy to check it out (or on a midnight e-binge). Guess you can't tell if mascara is going to flake or a package is going to hold up after two minutes, though. Or walk around the store from open to close in a state of indecision like a loon. (And now I'm thinking I ought to have gone with the blot powder because the Perfect Pressed is so . . . powdery. That one's definitely on me, though. I think I'll just buy a cheapo blot powder at the drugstore!)

Finally joined the Shape Tape bandwagon today. It's good, but I think my expectations were slightly out of proportion. For the number of shades, I feel like there are some strange gaps (or maybe the yellows are just really yellow and the pinks are just really pink). Ended up with Light Sand and I I wish it were a touch peachier to counteract my undereyes, or should I say a touch more opaque? I'm not about to layer it on like they do in the demo video unless I add a drop of squalane as I move outward and don't do foundation or BB in that area . . . I can't even imagine! Time to stock up on eye cream and primer (I'm so in love with this SK-II RNA and so bummed at its price).

I failed spectacularly at not buying things.

IMG_7481.JPG

Several hauls here.

Atelier Cologne: I ordered Bergamote Soleil and Blanche Immortelle from Atelier directly. Santal Carmin is from Sephora and Gold Leather is from Neimans (where it was slightly cheaper for some reason). My Atelier collection is growing and I'm pretty glad I got the sampler rather than ordering things blindly based on reviews, since there have been several I haven't liked. 

The Z-palette arrived last week and I destroyed a bunch of random old samples trying to depot them, but managed to get a few out and put them in the palette. I am evidently pretty bad at depotting things, so I'll probably stick to ordering things that come in an easily detachable pan to fill this with. I'm still playing around with what to put in this, but ultimately I want it to be a travel palette that has every non-liquid I need to do my makeup when I'm travelling.

I also got a travel size of the Nars concealer. 

My Tarte kit came today and contains the unicorn fabric cosmetic bag, Amazonian clay full coverage airbrush foundation in fair honey, Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in exposed, lip paint in fairytale, clay pot liner in rose gold, mascara, and the bronze & glow contour brush.

Atelier 💜 I need to revisit their fragrances!

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼  And what a great job at failing you did!!!!  I really do understand the no buy struggle.  🤒

I'm kinda bad at depotting as well.  Well, I need a finer tool to get in between the pans and the palettes.  And more patience.  

Somewhere in this thread I said I wasn't going to buy anything else until June. LOL that was funny. I went to Nordstrom today "just to look" at the NARS palette. Well, NARS was actually having an event and I couldn't even get near the counter and I didn't want to waste a trip (heaven forbid) so I somehow found my way over to the YSL counter. Again, just to look. Which also happened to be near the Charlotte Tilbury counter. And I might as well stop at Kiehls while I'm at the mall... So anyway...

IMG_3632.JPG

IMG_3648.JPG

Above all else please note my cat Ruthie's reflection in the compact in the second pic! 🙂 I always try to get a background cat in my haul pics somehow!

Charlotte Tilbury Sex on Fire Cheek to Chic blush

YSL #24 Rouge Pur Couture lipstick 

YSL Touche Eclat White Radiant Touch

YSL Touche Eclat Neutralizer Color Corrector (green)

IMG_3630.JPG

Kiehl's Smoothing Oil-Infused Shampoo

Kiehl's Smoothing Oil-Infused Leave-in Concentrate (this smells amazing!!!) - I am down to the last few pumps on my Phyto hair oil and while I love it and would have no qualms purchasing it again I just wanted to try something new. I can't wait to start this bottle. The scent is so, so good. 

Kiehl's Magic Elixir: Hair Restructuring Concentrate with Rosemary Leaf and Avocado Oils - I don't have any experience with a product like this but those on the hair thread know I haven't even had so much as a trim in over two years so I need to baby my hair. This scalp treatment looked interesting. 

I have have a few clothing pieces I'd like to add but I'm expecting a Sephora delivery on Monday (the mind was willing but the flesh was weak) so I think I'll include them then! ❤️

Nice haul, but I totally love the kitty reflection in the compact mirror - Adorable!   @starsandbucks

Isn't it amazing (but also bad for our wallets) how one counter leads to another? 😄

XOXO,
Marieke

@starsandbucks,

That's a great photo that includes your kitty!  🙂

Thank you @tsavorite ! When I saw she was sitting juuuust right I HAD to get the picture!

@starsandbucks I love the items you got and love that your kitty made an appearance in the CT reveal. I really like the Kiehl's Magic Elxir and I'm still working on the bottle that I bought almost a year ago. A little really goes a long way!

@starsandbucks hi to your kitty !! what a beautiful haul. let us know how you get on with the kiehl's ? 

@jemly i absolutely will! I remember you were looking for a hair oil recently so I'll update once I crack these open. I've always had quite good luck with Kiehl's hair stuff. 

Just to look is the dangerous part but you got some beautiful stuffs to play with 😉

Great haul! And awwww, what a cute cat!

A quiet morning of shopping where I only intended to get one shampoo, one lip pencil, and the bronzer. Whoops. Not sorry. 

Sephora:

IMG_8950.JPG

Spoiler
Bite lip pencil (010)
Dior lip glosses (259 & 785)
Sephora small blush brush (74)

Nordstrom:

IMG_8946.JPG

Spoiler
Guerlain Terracotta fragrance dry body oil
Guerlain Sun Trio Bronzer (natural)
Charlotte Tilbury Eyes to Mesmerize (marie antoinette)

GWP & samples: 
IMG_8948.JPG

IMG_8945.JPG

Lush:

IMG_8949.JPG

Clarks: Normally I don't post shoes here, but I've been on the hunt for some nice wedge sandals. My feet are very hard to fit, and I don't do well with most heels. I was so excited to find these that are comfortable, secure, supportive, stable, cute, and reasonably priced. So of course I bought two. 

Spoiler
IMG_8951.JPG

1,002 Replies
testing