Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

MARVELLOUS MAY HAULS!

Hope it's okay we continue the fun and haulin'

here for May!

It is Also Mother's day soon and my birthday month so I am excited to share what I will haul this month and would love to see yours as well! 

Screenshot_20170501-071832.jpg

Spoiler
Couple of My first hauls of the month (Mars Holo and MJ Whirlpool)

Screenshot_20170507-015128.jpg

Re: MARVELLOUS MAY HAULS!

Whoa that's awesome! I just got my shipping notification yesterday so my order won't be here for a bit. Enjoy your goodies 😄

I got a freelance check I forgot I had been waiting for and... kinda blew the whole thing in the space of a week buying more stuff than I have all year so far combined. Whoops. But anyway...

Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 9.30.52 PM.png

From left to right, more or less:

Spoiler

1. Dr. Jart+ Cicapair Tiger Grass Color Correcting Cream. This stuff is magic. MAGIC. I've raved about it enough but if anyone is curious, go take a look at my most recent post on the WAYWT thread.

2. Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Powder in Candlelight. An impulse purchase that was instant love. I've never really liked the highlighter-you-can-see-from-space look on myself, but this is just the perfect subtle glow.

2. Clarins Blue Orchid Oil, enabled repeatedly by @jemly ❤️ 

3. Mario Badescu Cellufirm Drops, enabled by @ShannonAlexis ❤️

4. Colourpop Ultra Satin lippies in Frick N Frack and Molly

5. Colourpop shadows in Tang, Bill, and Wattles

6. MAC shadows in Quarry (perfect everyday greige) and Club (a really cool brown/green duochrome)

7. Chantecaille Lip Chic in Wild Poppy

@TopazBeth, love your haul, esp. the KA highlighter and CP Wattles eyeshadow. Have you tried Laura Mercier's baked highlighter--it's just as subtle but is more peachy in tone. 

I've only ever swatched the LM! It seemed a little more shimmery to me than the KA, but maybe I'll try that next once I use this up!

Some great picks @TopazBeth! I love the tiger grass cream in the tube form but heard this is equally great! 

My tatcha haul! They gave us the blotting papers since they didn't make the CB bag for this launch. I ended up ordering another lipstick *just in case* this was my HG and got a DS eye cream with each order. 

D90FE55F-7647-4221-B450-0FF86388A745.jpeg96C5683B-C1A1-400F-92C2-B94DF04B391E.jpeg

Thoughts:

Spoiler
I'm most impressed by the lipliner so far. MJ was my favorite before but this one is even creamier and smoother than that one. Just glides on and is very pigmented.

The lipstick shade is absolutely perfect for me! Exactly the color I was looking for and great for summer. My lips are naturally dark so lighter colors look awkward on me sometimes. Not this one though, it's super natural and doesn't require upkeep. I could use it every day. The only con for me is it's not as pigmented as I would like. The swatch has 2 layers on and it doesn't show up as much on my lips even if I layer. I'm happy with it overall though, and I love how heavy it feels in my hand 😄

The lip balm I haven't tried yet but it's so pretty! It's in a glass jar, not plastic. Only thing is that it has a 6 month shelf life on the back which seems too short to me. 

What a lovely haul!  I totally understand buying a backup *just in case! 🙂  @xcicee

Thank you @Tamara76!! I don't regret buying a backup in this case at all. I love looking at the new diamond pattern on the new one Cat Embarassed

So many Tatcha goodies; nice haul @xcicee

That is so pretty! I hope you enjoy it @xcicee

Thank you both 

@ElleElleG & @CC3616 😄 

I have been using them every day and I really like them I went to sephora yesterday and I think the tatcha lipstick color is very similar to Tom Ford's Pink Dusk.

Such a beautiful set🌸🌸😍 @xcicee. Tatcha's packaging is always so luxurious and the lipstick with that pink case is really calling my name. Must resist the urge...Enjoy your new lovelies!

Thank you both @oceanics & @Anewxa Heart

I saw the beautylookbook put up a bunch of dupes of the lipliner and lipstick if you want to take a look 😄 You can definitely find the same color for cheaper.

It's pretty pricey if you don't 100% like it so I don't blame you guys! Part of the reason I like the set so much is that the packaging (esp the lipstick) really reminds me of sailor moon 😄

I just tried the lip balm and I really like it. Super moisturizing and seemed to plump my lips up. Super light tint and mostly shimmery. I usually use fresh and this is actually priced cheaper since it has .24oz (fresh is .15oz). I'll need to use it more to see which is my fav!

Beautiful haul @xcicee! Thanks for the swatch/thoughts, I really had to hold myself back on this.. the lip pencil was what I liked the most from the swatches so hopefully I can find a dupe 🙂

I have so many boxes to open and go through😐

Coloured Raine, Sephora, ColourPop, & Kylie❤️

IMG_2825.JPG

IMG_2867.JPG

@StephaniLynnOoooh beautiful palette!

@StephaniLynn 😍 your cp hauls are the best!

OMG!   It's here!

IMG_0655.JPG

IMG_0656.JPG

Spoiler
1.  Natasha Denona Sunset Palette - Love, Love, Love!!!!
2.  Natasha Denona Lip Glaze in Antique Rose - This color is a little lighter than expected and the formula feels a little gritty - not quite what I expected...

Sooo pretty. Do you think it's similar to the ABH Modern Renaissance? I love the gold and copper colors!

@xciceeI don't really find this palette too similar to Modern Renaissance - The colors are more coppery/orange and the formula and texture are very different.  I am super happy I have both palettes and don't really see much overlap.  Hope this helps! 🙂

The palette is gorgeous 😄

testing