Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Haul Stars

MAGNIFICENT MARCH MADNESS HAULS!

Hi ladies and gents,

In keeping with the haul tradition, I thought I'd go ahead and start one for March! I can't WAIT to see all your fun and colorful goodies for the upcoming Spring season Smiley Happy.

This post is welcome to all, and as lilahtov said, a haul is a haul no matter how small Smiley Happy.

Snip20140301_1.png

Re: MAGNIFICENT MARCH MADNESS HAULS!

I've posted swatches of three of the four on my personal blog (see: thread on BT) already.

However, Best Things in Beauty has a similar skintone to me and she posted a group swatch of all six on her site last month.

Can you adopt me as your long lost sister so I can harass your stash?! 😜

Okay, I'm gonna go ahead and say it:

Holy crap on a stick dipped in chocolate fondue.

We're talking MAJOR HAULAGE here. Starletta, you're making everyone else look bad! Smiley Tongue

I have two questions: Would you mind swatching your Lip Lovers, and is the formula really like the YSL Glossy Stains (asking because I didn't like those at all.)

Double Heart for the use of the word fondue. 

As I mentioned on the next page, this is my giant haul for the year, and I've been to two events (Butter London and Nordstrom) this month already.  This was a planned spend, and I'm good for awhile now.  And all already paid off.

I broke my "no swatches on BT" rule before and posted a few of the Lip Lovers in a thread elsewhere already.  I don't have a group shot, but I'm still working on collecting my overall thoughts on it.  I've got 50% of the line but swatched the other 50% at my local Nordstrom before.  I'm not a big gloss person (I buy them but wear lipstick 95% of the time), but one of these has already taken up permanent residence in my makeup bag that I take with me everyday because it's that good.

As for a comparison to YSL, sorry but you've asked the one person on BT that doesn't own one.  I just haven't gotten into YSL.  I will say these vary wildly in terms of opacity and where they fall on the gloss/liquid lipstick spectrum. If you're more of a lipstick person, Beige Adage or Fuschia Attitude are my favorites.

And finally, the Burberry photo I've been promising.

Full disclosure: there are 2 interlopers here that I actually bought in February (Rose Pink palette, Rosewood Sheer Eyeshadow), but why break up the family, right?

burberry.jpg

Sheer Eyeshadows:

09 Rosewood, 10 Antique Rose

13 Lavender Blue, 17 Pearl Grey

22 Pale Barley, 06 Almond, 21 Midnight Brown

Light Glow Blush:

06 Tangerine

Brush:

09 Socket Eye Brush

Eyeshadow Palettes:

15 Sage Green

10 Rose Pink

Lipsticks:

Lip Cover 04- Rosewood

Lip Mist 206- Blueberry

Lip Glow Lip Glosses:

20 Sweet Pea

19 Mallow Pink

15 Nude Gold

Oh my good gracious starletta! BEAUTIFUL haul! How are you liking the Clarins Radiance-Plus Golden Glow Booster? It's been on my Loves list for a while now!

Snip20140322_1.png

Burberry side note: Sweet Pea and Mallow Pink will be MINE!

Just got the Clarins today, so I don't know how well it work overall. That said, a brand rep applied it to me this morning and I can see a subtle difference. User tip: there's a distinct tanner smell after a couple of hours, so this is probably better for an evening product.

Mallow Pink is permanent; Sweet Pea LE from last year but available via Net-a-Porter and Burberry directly. It's somewhat similar to Chanel Jalousie and the LE Dior Addict gloss from this year.

This was my big haul for the year, essentially. And I've got 2 more Burberry lipsticks and a metric ton of sale Butter London polishes en route.

Hey, new season, new goodies Smiley Wink.

Oh, gotcha! I'm all for subtle and goof-proof as far as tanning products go. I also like that this can be mixed with any face/body moisturizer.

...Aaaaaaand I just placed my order on Net-a-Porter (it was OOS on the Burberry site). Can't WAIT to wear it. Thank you so much for the heads up! Smiley Happy

Enjoy your haul! I know the rest of us are enjoying it in spirit!! Smiley Very Happy

Correction: you must mix with a facial moisturizer. It's an oil that reads like soy sauce otherwise!

I have proven self-tanners for my body but I've never been sure what to put on my face. So this seemed like a good option- a trusted brand and very subtle results.  The next day, I can very faintly see some results, but it's not obvious.  Given that it's March and cold and nasty, I'll be waiting to use this until it starts getting warmer. I don't have any vacations planned, so it would be totally obvious.

The rep I talked to was telling me that after a couple of months, a client of hers jumped from the lightest shade (which is where I would be) up two shades.  The effect lasts a couple of days, so it's quite subtle.  She showed me her palms, which were stained from applying it to dozens of people without washing her hands between. That said, they weren't super orange- which was comforting.

I'm still debating how I feel about Burberry's glosses- I've been too taken with my Tom Ford lippies to wear much else these days!

@starletta, this haul is amazing! Ive missed seeing your hauls.

I just don't feel the urge to post haul pics anymore, to be honest.  But I've collected so many crazy items this month that I thought I should probably share.  That, and I'm trying to force myself to get caught up on all of these items.

THIS. IS. AWESOME. So jealous. I love the Blueberry Lip Mist and the Tangerine blush! Smiley Very Happy Next up for me is the Pale Barley single, then probably Rosewood followed by either Trench or Mulberry.

I've been debating whether to exchange the quad I got (Pink Taupe) for two singles. I haven't even touched the quad I got at the beginning of the month yet. 

And even though I NEVER wear green, the SA at Burberry used that quad on me and I loved the subtle green undertone he created. 

How are the lip glosses?

Um, Pink Taupe is a near-dupe for several of the permanent shades. And a better value.

Just food for thought.

I haven't done much with the glosses yet, so I can't really comment.

Good point. 

gorrrrrgeous!!!!

I've never been to one of these events - how was it?

I enjoy them (they're free since you get your $20 back in a gift card), but I've also learned how best to shop them to beat the insanity.  I enjoy the GWPs and have gotten to know a few of the brand reps so it's always fun for me.

I think I'll check my local one out. Smiley Happy

Wet n Wild bronzer in ticket to brazil

the new baby lips collection- 105-125, 125 is amazing so i'll be picking up several more (a couple for back ups, the rest for family members)

maybelline vivid lipsticks in on fire red, and lavendar voltage (FINALLY got my hands on it!)

revlon lipstick in snow peach

olay 4-in-1 daily facial cloths, and olay active hydrating beauty fluid (i needed a makeup remover/moisturizer to keep in my gym bag)

too faced a la mode eyes palette

it cosmetics peony (i think) blush

jessica simpson fancy love perfume

and some kind of konjac/charcoal body sponge from ulta

Bought the Holt Renfrew Spring Beauty Bag for $39 after tax. My favorite item so far is the Carven L'eau De Toilette which I'm seriously considering purchasing the bottle but will have to save up a bit for it first. Also have no idea what I'm going to get with the $10 beauty voucher that came with the bag. 20140323_095245.jpg

657 Replies